Failed Class in Uni

hi guys.

im a sophomore at university. my school is on quarter system.

i just failed a 300-level math class, and got a C- in a comp sci class. my plan is cs major math minor. its still achievable timewise but basically...

I'm fucking scared. I was straight A student in high school and now I feel like I'm throwing my life away lol. its all self-loathing and embarrassment and doubt.

My question is - how fucked am I? Will I still be able to get a decent job if I pull my shit together? Has this happened to any of you guys out there?

Not Sup Forums related, brainlet.

this

get a job at mickie dies idk

>Will I still be able to get a decent job if I pull my shit together?
you wont be able to get a job even if you had a 4.0 gpa

it's not about what you know, it's who you know

Delete the thread go to /adv/ fuck off

chill tf out you're fine
just retake the class and try harder next time

D is for diploma. Nobody cares what your marks are just graduate, as late as you need to.

You niggers can't retake classes/exams?

What class and why did you fail? Most employers don't look at your transcript, and you don't have to put your gpa on your resume, but if you're not learning the shit you're going to school for then you're going to have problems demonstrating to employers that you know your shit.

If all you care about is a job, don't waste time on a CS degree. Unless, of course, you're targeting the likes of Google or Facebook.

I'm not kidding. You'd be better off doing some stupid code camp or just creating independent projects and networking. You're going to be over the hill by 35 anyway, why waste precious earning time getting a degree that's basically worthless unless you go to Stanford, Berkeley, or MIT?

i failed the classes because my 1050 ti was overheating! i forgot to ask!

Sup Forums WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE FAN CONFIGURATION IN A DESKTOP CASE?

its top 20 uni i know a lot of people but im worried about having options outside of that.

its not even a class i need to retake..so i guess i really am just freaking out about it?

it was a math class on stochastic processes and i failed because i stopped going to class halfway through - an unreasonable amount of shit turned sour in my personal life

You have a whole lot of pride that just got shattered. If you're playing the vidya and wasting your time on reddit and Sup Forums, you had better knock it off and work harder next time, you're prideful just the fact you saw yourself as a hot-shot in high school, what a joke

College is filled with straight-A high school students, graduate school is filled with 4.0 GPA undergrads with research experience and even some published papers

Just because you were AAA++ in some lower-tier institution doesn't mean anything in the next tier, drop your hubris, take notes in class, study, practice, and stop wasting your time with other meaningless things. You've got your whole life ahead of you to goof off and watch ball games, but you need to spend the next 2-3 years of your life studying and concentrating in school

I know many people like you, I will admit they are smart but their hubris and pride gets the best of them, so they come to class, never take notes, they never study outside of class, they talk a lot, but they don't do a lot, they play the vidya, so they may have gotten away with it all these years, but there's a point where they'll fail, and when they do fail they go down in flames, it isn't pretty, don't be one of those guys

>it's not even a classic i need to retake
if you want a better gpa it is

>it was a math class on stochastic processes and i failed because i stopped going to class halfway through - an unreasonable amount of shit turned sour in my personal life
This is easy to handle, retake the class but you need to re-enroll when you are of sound mind. If you plan on applying to jobs or grad school, you need to explain in your application or to HR why you made that C- in your transcript and that you retook the class and made an A+

This pretty accurately describes me honestly

How the fuck do I do it?

is it really that important to try and retake this class when its offered again? its not relevant at all to my future interests honestly it is just in the department of interest which is math

>self-loathing and embarrassment and doubt.
I got this when I started as well.
I got good grades in highschool without putting in any effort and all of a sudden, I was surrounded by people much smarter than me.
So if you want to continue, work harder.
Get up early, go to the university and stay late. Get used to the idea of 10-12 hour work days and study as much as you can.
If you still fail, quit and do something else sure, but be aware that it takes more time to learn for some people.
If you do 8-18, six days a week, you spend 60 hours on your study.
Start with that and then expand when you have important deadlines and stuff.
And find other students to work with.
They might struggle with different things, so just talking about it helps your understanding.
Finding people to study with is easy if you spend all your time at the university.

Happened to me sophomore year too and I was equally panicked at the time.
You'll be fine. Nobody cares.

Undergrad math is easy. You just bang your head against the wall for a few hours and BAM you finish the proof. Repeat.

Hey....this is how I did freshman year....is it wrong...

thank you deeply.

>failed a class
Might as well just drop out and pursue a trade, you fucked up.

neck yourself now because it only gets worse from here, graduate or not

explain

wage slavery sucks
life sucks
suicide is liberation

i think i failed my math class too, I think I can retake real quick over the winter break though so I'm just gonna do that. I don't think employers even look at your GPA so unless you're in community college and looking to transfer or something I don't think it matters too much.

don't fall for the
>muh cramming and staying all night to study for muh midterms and finalz the next day lol i just took adderall and caffeine lol i'm pretty much invinsible
plan further ahead. study way earlier.
>inb4 hur you're a brainlet that's why you have to plan and play it safe lol
Okay so what? at least I finished this quarter with a 3.8 in my major

There is a huge jump between highschool and uni, being a straight A student in highschool means nothing, aside from having the mental capacity to make it through uni.

You either start working really hard or you should drop out, failing a class shouldn't be a problem if you take it as a lesson and get your act together.

My first year in University also involved quite a bit of suffering, but either you can take that and spend hours upon hours learning the material or you can just drop out.

Something completely reverse happened to me - I was always a D student all my life, never gave a fuck about grades. Went to polytechnic, ECE, and even though everyone kept telling me that first semester is hard (and it's not) and half of the people fail, I actually might get a stipend next semester. All of that while having a job.

Also, to awnsers your last question - getting a job and getting good grades are 2 completely different things. You could get a good job even without college.

Honest reply here,
It's totally doable, don't let this bump kill your self confidence.
You need to evaluate whatever it was you did wrong and fix it. Didn't study enough? Well put in more time. Studied but didn't get it? Time for office hours / tutoring. Whatever it was that you KNOW you could have changed to pass / get a better grade you need to do it next quarter.

tl;dr stop shitposting on Sup Forums and focus on school.