The iPhone X has the best display every on a smartphone

The iPhone X has the best display of any smartphone.

imore.com/iphone-x-review

>Apple is also individually calibrating every iPhone X before it leaves the factory. That's not something most vendors do. (Some barely sample at all, others only a few per batch.) It's something Apple's been calibrating that way since it moved to DCI-P3 cinematic color gamut a couple of years ago.

>Combined with Apple's system-level color management, it means the display won't look oddly blue or green, and some iPhone X won't look cooler or warmer than others. They won't look washed out and dull like Pixel 2 XL or oversaturated like Samsung Galaxy S8

>I'm going to keep repeating this until it really sinks in: Virtual Reality (VR) aside, HDR is more important than 4K. I've been to Dolby Labs. I've sat through the Star Wars 1080p HDR vs. 4K SDR demos. I've spoken to many experts. I know this to be true. And iPhone X is the first end-to-end HDR β€” high dynamic range β€” device not just from Apple but, as far as I can tell, the first period.

>Many of Apple's recent devices, including A10 iPads Pro, A10 and A11 iPhones 7 and 8, and Kaby Lake Macs, can handle a full 10-bit HEVC (H.265 4K HDR) pipeline but have LCD displays that can't really show it off to full effect. Some of Apple's competitors have the right displays but they lack the pipelines needed to get HDR to those displays.

>iPhone X has both β€” everything needed to handle and output full HDR in all its glory, including support for HDR10 and Dolby Vision.

Other urls found in this thread:

mashable.com/2017/11/07/iphone-x-best-display-displaymate/#Vdo.GL52cuqU
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/
google.co.jp/search?q=iphone x display blue
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The iPhone X has the best smartphone display ever, says DisplayMate

>According to DisplayMate, the iPhone X has the highest color accuracy of any smartphone display, the highest full-screen brightness for OLED smartphones, the highest full-screen contrast rating in ambient light, the highest contrast ratio, the lowest screen reflectance, and the smallest brightness variation with viewing angle changes.

>All of these earned the iPhone X's display the highest grade DisplayMate has ever awarded to any smartphone display, A+.

mashable.com/2017/11/07/iphone-x-best-display-displaymate/#Vdo.GL52cuqU

Who cares? Anything more than 720p on a smartphone is a meme

the displays were bought from Samsung.

>720p
Note how nothing in the OP mentions resolution

IPhone X display is still measurably better

Note how you're a fag and nobody cares

manufactured by samsung, adapted by Apple. kinda like how they design their mobile SOCs with Samsung and TSMC using designs derived in part from ARM

rather, manufacture the SOCs with Samsung and TSMC

such a shame it has that ugly fucking notch at the top, what an eye sore... I was considering switching from an S8 but that notch is just awful man :/ Perhaps the next full screen iPhone iteration will solve that

I'm the only one who doesn't understand the whole display quality meme? Sure, I can't deny some screens look better than others, but I still use an old T60, and I have zero complaints about screen quality. I also have a T420 and I can notice the screen upgrade, but it really doesn't matter much to me, and even then I see tons of people bitch about it. I have a Droid Razr from 2011 and see zero reason to upgrade. The screen is absolutely fine.

People are becoming a bunch of overprivileged spoiled shits. You hang the slightest of upgrades over the heads and they'll bounce up and down like mindless ants. No one appreciates the value of anything.

Reminder to report all commercial spam and astroturfing.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/

what sales volume do they hope to push through 4chinz, I have a feeling these threads rarely influence anybody but I dont know what the conversion rate might be

>Apple is also individually calibrating every iPhone X before it leaves the factory.
Everyone who knows anything knows that calibration is an ongoing process, not something you do once and call it done.

Sure, its better than not calibrating them at all, but all displays are calibrated to some degree.

Even better, because of the way OLED technology is, the display will wear in an uneven pattern, meaning even if you did recalibrate it parts would need different calibration.

Basically, it's close to fucking nothing.

>it means the display won't look oddly blue or green
google.co.jp/search?q=iphone x display blue

If you were paid to post this shit wouldn't you rather be on here?

Iphone x has lower resolution screen than S8. They're literally using an older version of samsung screens.

No.
They're using a more mature technology, refined.

But that's beside the point. Samsung is constantly improving their displays.
This display is better than their S8 and Note8 displays because it was designed after them. The next display they design will be better still.

That's just the way it works.

reported, saged, called the cops

lol, no
This one has the best display

>ips
Nope. Probably not even decent AdobeRGB color space coverage.

iphone is fucking meme trash

i'd rather buy 9 cheap but decent androids that one fucking piece of garbage with worse system in all

like come on ios is so shit get android

post full-res of that iPhone X wallpaper

you don't know shit about that screen. kek

I know more than you.

You're just looking at the resolution and the HDR badge. There's a lot fucking more to displays than that.

I'm talking gamut, autismo

It has shit color gamut

It has shit color gamut.

What's the point of copypasting that shit? Sage.
(Please report it as advertisement, I don't have that button)

Cuck pls.
They say that about every new flasgshit phone ever relased
>it has best THING out of all phones
and it's true for about a month after which other phones get release with THING
And it's not even interesting
>our new display doubles the resolution from 4K to 8K!!
Who the fuck cares, anything beyond hd is useless on a smartphone.
That is like adding 2 more enter keys on the keyboard, nobody fucking needs that many.
They should focus on adding new cool shit like physical feedback on touch screen buttons and such

The iPhone X is so far ahead of the competition it’s not even funny.

reported for advertising