/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00F1DEI8G
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6lnyd8/ama_request_nick_t_from_schiit_tech_support
chiru.no:8081/stream.flac
innerfidelity.com/images/MezeClassic99.pdf
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7jc907/hpg_in_a_nutshell/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TROLL POST ASKING WHAT IS THE BEST HEADPHONE BEHIND [COMMONLY SHILLED HEADPHONE]

RESPONSE INVOLVING MISLEADING MEASUREMENT GRAPH WITH EXAGGERATED CRITICISMS

ACCUSATION OF BEING A CERTAIN POSTER AND REQUEST TO POST SETUP

REFUSAL TO POST SAID SETUP FOR FEAR OF OSTRACIZATION. DIVERTS ATTENTION TO MORE GRAPHS

What's are the best sub 200 dollar wireless IEM for going to the gym (doing squats/deads)?

VERY ACCURATE POST ABOUT SCHIIT SHILLS

kek

fucking go back to /reddit/, this quirky shit isn't funny.

TROLL POST ASKING WHAT IS THE BEST HEADPHONE BEHIND [COMMONLY SHILLED HEADPHONE]

INQUIRY INTO LACK OF HASTINESS AND CALLED BY NAME OF JEWISH ORIGIN

this is already my favorite thread

>tfw I missed the 2 deleted OPs
my 600's sound great but why even live.

SUGGESTION TO REMOVE YOURSELF FROM EXISTENCE

PETTY COMMENT ON OPENING PICTURE NOT BEING TO USER'S OWN SEXUAL PREFERENCES AND RESEMBLES BOWEL SECRETIONS

BUY O2 AMP

If I like my M1060s should I even think about getting the LCD-2C?

>Budget
50$
>Source
cellphone, for music only
>Type of headphone
no IEMs
>Open or closed
closed i guess, i don't care much about this
>Comfort level
comfy i guess
>Sound signature
neutral i guess, i've never heard the bass because i used to bought shit headphones, i don't want something to blast my ears but it would be nice to hear the bass if i listen to bassy music

Pls respond Sup Forums, I want to listen to Mike Enoch while making gains ;_;

kek
/hpg/ is top notch

I like these threads more when the anime girl in question shows her bare feet

Bose sport series?

What's a good and not so big pair of desk speakers? Just want something to replace the dogshit internal speakers of my monitor, ideally under $50.

amazon.com/dp/B00F1DEI8G

See it's funny because I recommended overpriced shit I've never used that doesn't fit the users' needs at 5x the stated budget

>Bose
botnet

Don't use their app (・∀・)

>cripple the functionality of your headphones because the manufacturer won't stop spying on you

I don't know, I have Bose qc20 noise cancelling headphone and I like it. It's a boss on the train or in my office.

>cheap
>good
>small
Pick one and a half.

$50 is going to be shit, there's just no way around it, especially if you need them to be small.

Some decent options:
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 - $100 on sale.

Micca PB42X - $120ish
Micca MB42X - $90, get an amp on craigslist or something.

That said, all of those options are inferior to the JBL LSR305, or if they have to be small, save up for the Vanatoo Transparent Zero.

how is schiit customer service

I imagine it's schiit

it's the schiit.

Between the HD650, HD600, and HD6XX, which would I be better off getting?

I don't mind if they are "shit", my monitor speakers are literal garbage, they vibrate and rattle and stuff. So long as they get semi-loud without distortion I'll probably be okay with them. I have a pair of HD800s for when I want good audio.

Any used options? Also I'm in the UK.

avoid going down the rabbit hole then. If you're happy with the m1060 you'll be good.
Double sided cables and compressed soundstage aren't that great for gaymen. Consider the dt880

Whatever is cheapest.

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6lnyd8/ama_request_nick_t_from_schiit_tech_support

My EQ'd HD650 works well for gaming

it's not shitposting if you're being ironic.

Why the dt880 over the three i mentioned?

>Double sided cables and compressed soundstage aren't that great for gaymen

But what if I don't play shitty """"esport""" FPS/TPS?

Literally fucking awful. They have an email queue they don't respond to, if you dig a bit more you can find two guys' phone numbers that they don't answer.

plz respond you fucks

my 3 year old headphones' band pleather is peeling off, is there anything I can do to stop it or slow it? They sound so good...

single sided cable, light on the head, velour pads are max comfy, cheaper, wider soundstage.

Hd6xx is good but the double sided cables, in my experience with the he-400i, are annoying. The other two are overpriced.

If you're not playing that sorta stuff, speakers for max casual comfy

Status audio cb-1
Koss Porta pro
Ath-m40x

p-pls respond

Set your headphones on your desk and turn the volume up all the way you limey faggot

Why these thread stopped to have barefoot girl feet pics?
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

thanks m8

TROLL POST STATING THAT A SPECIFIC HEADPHONE NEEDS A HEADPHONE AMP

What headsets are ez maintenance?

like pic related just wash the strip fabric and the foams

Are the Meze 99 Classics a good alternative to the usual suspects at ~$300? I plan on listening to it mostly with an iPad and no external DAC. I like how pretty they look, but I wonder if they're just a meme.

Sauce on qt3.14?

Anyone saved the picture?

do you guys ever get that feeling in your chest that feels really good when the music sounds particularly great?

why do the more expensive IEMs look like hard candy?

chiru.no:8081/stream.flac

i get that when i listen to techno for too long

Soon™

so fatasses can eat them and buy them again

>this thread

Too few animesluts ITT.

innerfidelity.com/images/MezeClassic99.pdf
Sound demos and reviews confirm that the sound is a bit boomy. Judging from Zeos' sound demo, innerfidelity's review and measurements, boomy is not that there is very much bass. There is more than neutral, but the bigger problem is the quality of bass. Don't know how to exactly name it, but, listening to sound demo, the bass is not dynamic enough (sub bass, mid bass and high bass is too similar sounding) and has something like in-the-box feeling.

Other thing is distortion (see measurements), not a big problem though if you won't listen loud. Might even get better bass, because it's the most distorting part.

Reviews say that comfort is acceptable, though this headphone is probably not for big ears.

I really like mids and treble from sound demo though. It's something about crispness which should be especially good for rock.

There are some good choices at this price range, my PSB M4U 1 falls into it. Quick notes from my experience. For the price, M4U 1 has:
- Acceptable build and comfort
- Great sound quality, neutral with a bit warmth

If you care about sound, HD600.
Yes, it has cable in both sides. No, it's not super annoying, you'll get used to it fast. Plus, they unplug if pulled, so accidents are unlikely.

I had a great experience. With their customer support. I was dealing with somone named Laura Zemen. She would always respond early in the morning (east coast) and was helpful through some stressful payment issues I was having with my credit card. I ended up having to paying with visa debit over PayPal but in the end it was all gravy. I have dozens and dozens of messages back and forth all with timely responses, I never had issues. Tho maybe it was because I ordered a [spoiler]yggdrasil[/spoiler]

Thank you.

Jotunheim vs R2R-11 for HD6XX? I don't give a crap about aesthetics.

Jot's DAC is pretty terrible.

How good are these?

Source?
Jot clearly. Power aplenty (even more so in balanced mode) + trully balanced DAC and AMP. Your HD6xx will run uncuffed with them.
Except... that's if you have to pick between the two. All you need for a HD5xx is a Magni 3 ($99), and spending more in the dac+amp than in the headphones is quite silly.

JDS labs element
Very good

bass + treble cannons.
No mids.
Good if that's what you're looking for.

why do every paid of sub 50 dollar bluetooth headphones look like beats clones or have cat ears on them, I'm just trying to get some christmas shopping done god damn

use the Sup Forums archives to research the headphones yourself and definitely test from amazon before you buy. you could test all four for a week each

but hd600

Pretty much this:

O2/Magni 2 fed by onboard DAC

Anything else is placebo

I heard it myself.

The DAC board is pretty much a poor afterthought, it's bus-powered and not even direct coupled in the output, has a pair of crappy 2.2uF polystyrene caps to sum the output V from each DAC chip. No buffering and no low-pass filters either. Even the Modi is better than this.

Get some £10 logitech speakers from amazon. They're like the first item when you search for speakers

Your use case seems exactly like mine - you have good headphones for good sound, but want something that provides comprehensible audio when when not wearing them. Honestly I have not once wanted to upgrade my speakers. I wouldn't really see the point of spending £50 for speakers, either - it's still going to be shit, so you still won't be able to use them when sound quality is actually important, but when it's not they're not going to bring anything that the £10 pair wouldn't have.

Other user, I'm going for the monoprice for $70. Anything wrong with that?

Sup /hpg/, LG V30 owner wanting to put at good use the Hi-Fi DAC here, so I'm in the market for a pair of portable cans again.

At home I've an headset made of a pair of Fidelio X2 and a boompro that I greatly enjoy on a daily basis; I also have a pair of Etymotic hf5 that I really love, but use only when I want to achieve acoustic isolation since regardless the sound it produces being simply amazing, it lacks that funny *umpf* in the low bass section and they get really uncomfortable to wear for prolonged periods of time.
With this phone came a pair of B&O closed IEM that are incredibly unergonomic and uncomfortable, but very well built and have a really spacious and engaging sound; I don't really use them all that much preferring the hf5.

I was thinking about the M40x, since I've already bought a pair for my gf and I find them amazing, but the comfort is on the bad side for me (I wear glasses) and they're kinda bulky to carry around.

What do you guys suggest?

I own it. No issues a few months in so far. Plenty of power.

Should have went for the Gilmore Lite MK2 when it was available as it smoked the Jot easily...

Depends on your budget. You could go with CIEMs which are max comfy and max portable

Budget is still TBD (under 200 for sure tho). I wanted something more comfortable (and more substantial) than a IEM, but less bulky than a circumaural.

How hard is it to build an O2 amp?
Or suggestions for another similar priced amp or DAC/amp?
Will probably be used with a pair of HD599, but would also prefer if it could be used with future upgrades.
>Budget ~100€
>Sweden, Europe

idol trash waiting for kebab at a store partway from work.
Sigh.

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7jc907/hpg_in_a_nutshell/

every fucking time i see this pic i cant help but wonder are those supposed to be headphones or ear speakers

Upvoated.

Im waiting on a chicken cutlet panini myself, I know the feel idol trash.

unless you have elf ears, ath-msr7 are built well and sound great.

>he judges DACs by listening to them
Yeah, no.

Bring back the penguin

Headphones. The whole ear speakers thing is just a case of product naming turned into a retarded meme.

Got home with my kebab.
Time to eat. HD600 on, kitchen paper near by for afterwards once I need to remove them.

That's really disgusting, idol trash.

Eat at your dining table. I bet your headphones and peripherals are all greasy shit.

Hey, what do you think about AKG y50s?
Don't know a lot about headphones but they've been recommended to me by someone who does.

I'm looking for something light and portable but with good sound quality, well-built enough last more than a year. Student though so it needs to be below £100-ish. I listen to a lot of music during the day so they need to be somewhat comfy.

Do the y50s sound like a good bet? I tried 'em out and the sound seemed really good, but it wasn't for very long at all so I did get a proper change to gauge quality/comfort. This is also in comparison to a pair of pink urbanears that I got on sale, which probably aren't the best benchmark (they're the reaaaally uncomfy small ones as well).

Never really picked out headphones before (my last two pairs both ended up being gifts), but I think I've started to narrow it down. I'm looking for Over-Ears with good enough sound quality that are comfortable to wear for some hours, and I'd like to go no higher than around $80 (I can go a bit over with shipping if I need to).

Some newfag questions:
>How much different is the ATH-M30x from the ATH-M40x besides not having a detachable cable?
>Are Shure SRH440s comfortable? I don't get the impression from what I've seen, but they seem good and affordable otherwise.
>Are Superlux HD 681s really that good for the price? I was turned off from the Sennheiser HD 201/202/206 because they seemed to feel cheap from what I had seen.

>having a dining table
There's one desk in my place. That's the computer desk. Studio fucking apartment.
See the housing situation @ Dublin. I pass on sacrificing my income to having a nicer place; I'm here to make money ffs.

Got them yet?