What has been the biggest news story in your country, at least in the last 30 years...

what has been the biggest news story in your country, at least in the last 30 years? the homicide/scandal/whatever that had the people from your country glued to tv for updates for months?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_of_Drąsius_Kedys
youtube.com/watch?v=FF_EZCp-zJQ&index=3&list=PLipX7KO3PXeOtB7-WD9sJqhS5yMJ0RGzA
youtube.com/watch?v=UxGhlYTNisw&list=PLipX7KO3PXeOtB7-WD9sJqhS5yMJ0RGzA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nothing interesting happens here

The fall of soviet union

The arrest, escape, arrest escape and final capture of this man

Mark Dutroux

revolution- sousse terrorist attack- carthage terrorist attack

No one cares

Estonia sinking

TRUMP SAID RACIST/HOMOPHOBIC/RETARDED THING.

nothing interesting happened in germany, isis is on vacations now

Death of Diana

Muh 9/11

oh, sorry, I read "last 30 days"

so this

bush knocked down the towers btw

Trump
Everyone has an opinion on him and generally in the company of others it's negative

these are massive historical events, what about smaller scale stuff?

in the US OJ definitely takes the cake. i would put JonBenét at the second place (the mother/brother did it btw)

and in the company of nobody?

Who is this semen demon?

I would imagine, that like Brexit, you will find that a surprising amount of people agree with him on multiple issues

delet

Heavily heavily mixed
His biggest criticism across the board is that he's too abrasive

the pim fortuyn assassination

The assassination of prime minister Olof Palme, probably. They still publish bullshit articles about people trying to solve the case.

Something something involving a camping trip and some guy named Anders.

Can't think of anything.

Good Question Italia.

In the last few years the biggest event was the Christchurch Earthquakes in February 2011. 183 people were killed, and the ongoing repair work and financial issues with the rebuild have been a big feature in the news.

The David Bain Murder case is probably the biggest trial that we've seen in New Zealand. He was charged with killing his family in 1994, but the ruling was overturned by the Privy council, who felt that it could not be proven beyond reasonable doubt that he murdered them and he was released a couple of years ago. Two weeks ago he received a million dollars in compensation, bringing about the end of the whole saga.

Nobody knows who killed the family. It was either him or the father.

>Not 911

Talk shit, get hit

Quebec sovereignty referendum

Muhammad pls

edgy there ahmed

The disappearing of this bitch.
She probably run away with her nigger boyfriend

Rasheed

almost forgot about this one haha
pops up every now and then

Okay if the fall of soviet union doesn't work it's this then
>The case of Drąsius Kedys is a high-profile criminal case in Lithuania centering on allegations of sexual molestation of the then four-year-old Lithuanian girl and a double homicide. In November 2008, Drąsius Kedys accused Laimutė Stankūnaitė of allowing Andrius Ūsas to sexually molest their underage daughter. Frustrated by lack of progress in the investigation, Kedys took the case public. He published a video with his daughter's testimony, sent out DVDs to politicians, and appeared in the media. Still no case was brought before trial. In October 2009, Jonas Furmanavičius, a district judge and accused pedophile, and Violeta Naruševičienė, aunt of his daughter and accused procurer, were found dead and Kedys became the main murder suspect.[1] While Kedys went into hiding, Lithuanian public sided with him portraying Kedys as a desperate father trying to protect his daughter against pedophiles. His body was found in April 2010 near Kaunas Reservoir. His death was ruled an accident – choking on vomit after heavy drinking.[2] The main suspect in the pedophilia case, Andrius Ūsas, was found drowned in a lake after a motorcycle accident in June 2010

The daughter murdered everyone

>Fortuyn provoked controversy with his outspoken views about multiculturalism, immigration and Islam in the Netherlands. He called Islam "a backward culture", and was quoted as saying that if it were legally possible, he would close the borders for Muslim immigrants

This man was a hero and based as fuck. Rip big Man.

>Van der Graaf was arrested shortly after shooting Fortuyn, who died immediately. In court, van der Graaf testified that he had become alarmed that Fortuyn was using Muslims and immigrants as scapegoats in a campaign to seek political power. He thought the politician endangered society with his controversial statements.
>I DONT LIKE WHAT U SAY IMA KIL U

and leftists still claim to reject this kind of fascist violence. funny how this cuck used the same nazi methods his beloved muslims employ

If you guys want to read more about it, because I missed a lot of stuff.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_of_Drąsius_Kedys

some people believe her dumbass parents did it. i still believe she was sold into slavery by niggers. what's easier than stealing a white kid from a barely policed, sleepy holiday village? also considering the parents of these kids are on holiday, constantly relaxed/ drunk.

Only thing that comes to my mind is RAF stuff.
The hot phase was a bit more than 30 years ago, but they existed way longer.
Shit was really crazy back then. Terror, police state and what not.

nah it was the parents
they're constantly on TV here showing off their new book or talking about one tiny thing and they always get paid loads for it

The parents did it i have no doubt about that, see this:
youtube.com/watch?v=FF_EZCp-zJQ&index=3&list=PLipX7KO3PXeOtB7-WD9sJqhS5yMJ0RGzA
>4:15

See the full documentary, it's very good:

youtube.com/watch?v=UxGhlYTNisw&list=PLipX7KO3PXeOtB7-WD9sJqhS5yMJ0RGzA

It was the parents. They've earned a lot of money from this shit desu.

Dingo eating a baby

Probably the disappearance of this guy, it happened shortly after he testified in trial and, even though it happened a decade ago, the investigators haven't found anything.

An innocent govt. shill was put away a few years ago illegally

All I can think of are the school shootings and then the cop who died on duty this summer, something that never really happens here. Nothing really major though.