Why the fuck is the anthem of greece always played in the closing ceremony of the olympics?IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE...

Why the fuck is the anthem of greece always played in the closing ceremony of the olympics?IT MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE,their country is 200 years old,what the fuck do they have to do with ancient greece?

they are the spiritual successors of the ancient greek city states

then you're the spiritual sucessor of nazi germany

this is a good thing

no need to be rude, friend
we are the spiritual successors of the (holy) roman empire

>holy
>roman
>empire

>Order and Progress

It's not like they invented the Olympics or anything

kek someone is salty :^)

We should play french anthem.

>invented
when?

>not the successors of Prussia
Or is that Poland?

prussia was killed by allies after WW2

>state = nation
delet urself

Holy shit, there is always this 1 Portuguese guy butthurt about everything and everyone that ruin all other portuguese posters.

I am Greek

They should just play the anthem of the country with the most gold.

Feels fucking good man desu

Sup Forums memes != reality

But that's exactly the point, they play the anthem of the Hellenic Republic which has nothing to do with the Ancient Olympic Games.

Anyway it is not like there has been a continuous concept of Greek nationalism for 2500 years

I am a Greek

Our game, our rules

Should play the anthem of the country with the most gold medals

How????
The ancient Greeks were prob. way different people than the stock u have today.

Wat

The benefits of once being KANGZ N SHIEET

*philosopherz n shiet

Greeks are living fossils

A lot of things change in so many thousands of years. People can buy ice cream from the store and don't have to go to the mountains to take the snow and mix it with honey or fruits. But my Greek grandpa did this too, just like my ancient Greek ancestors.

I wonder why. According to fengshui, that anthem song is a curse for more debts around the world. :D

I bought a bottle of Metaxa Ouzo and on the back it says Kosher in Greece and the name of the Rabbi, Shitrit Eliahu. Explain this

Merchant magic