/MKG/ meechanical keeyboard geeneral

/mkg/ keeychatter eedition

My "e" keey is registeering twicee most of the time so I wanna buy a neew keyboard sincee i hatee bluees. Anything under 200 bucks is finee as long as it doeesnt have cheerry shit

Last clack >63787575

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Mizux-Mechanical-Numeric-Wireless-Receiver/dp/B0734JHW81
es.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Mi-Rabbit-Toy-Universal-Cell-Phone-Holder-Stand-Bracket-For-iPhone-Samsung-Smartphone-GPS/32262109695.html
pimpmykeyboard.com/dsa-alps-matias-granite/
pimpmykeyboard.com/g20-blank-keysets/
pimpmykeyboard.com/g20-sublimated-sets/
alibaba.com/product-detail/104-Keys-Double-Shot-PBT-Backlit_60719290421.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.48.62434b0dNsMZsI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shit

A for effort

If you wanna makee onee go ahead i dont caree

>buying a keyboard with bad firmware

this threads are moving so fast! posted the first 10 comments then very sleepy and when i wake up its already bump max

>DIY kit
>Topre
Doesn't exist. But you can buy a Realforce and tear it appart and build your own keyboard from it.

its a ducky one tkl. I was told its good so i bought it. For somee reeason both the shift keys aree brokeen as in I preess them down and theey stay pressed eeveen tho the switch is releeaseed so i have to preess it again. Also for some reason bluees feeeel laggy. It could be the keeyboard, but I sweear theere's a slight deelay

rma

i hatee blues anyway so im gonna reeturn it, but its my only keeyboard so im stuck with it for now. Also thee casee is shit. it keeeps creeaking all the timee and its driving mee insanee. I was gonna go with filco, but theey don't havee cleears. so I deecideed to look for someething that isn't cherry shit, topreees look perfeect, but i don't know if i'll eenjoy theem. Somee onee on craigslist is seeling an hhkb so I'll try that out first beforee I commit

>not E for effort

one job

>not EE for eeffort

Those caps probably wouldnt look very good on an actual keyboard but would be fun to see just for the meme.

fuck

I'm sorry user

are you gud at 3D editing?
could you make me a quick case for a gherkin?

hahahah now i get it

well play Op nice sutile joke

How shitty are Cherry browns? the only other tactile I've owned is a G910, are they better or worse than Romger-G?

What do you think about a keyboard called Anne PRO? My friend wont stop bragging to me about it, but I've never heard of it. I think he saw it from some retarded gayman streamer.

Is there really nothing better to get for 80 bucks?

Tada68 Pro is better

from factor no, even if you cheap out on the gh60 the price point would end up higher and without Bluetooth being the main selling point

A thing for drying cuttlery

I'm not sure what you consider quick, but ye, maybe I could. You can contact me via telegram at t.me/seiden

you want money for it?
im nigerish pour wont deliver that part

Why don't you try replacing the switch?

eh, I have free time coming up and I've modeled stuff like this before. Probably won't even take that long. I'll do it for a picture of the finished keyboard.

o well then i ask again after i get all the parts

cool

see you soon

Where I can get that phone stand?

>seiden.tech
>seiden.tech: Name or service not known

what 3D do you people use?

What is this keyboard?
A 60%er with the nav keys is exactly what I need

I got a Ducky One TKL and looking to spice it up, maybe a metal shell or classy pbt keycaps. Any suggestions?

tada68

do any of you know if a gmk set is coming out any time soon on massdrop or something? cause im thinking of getting the gmk hyperfuse redux off of originative for my k-type but if a new set is coming out soon id rather wait for that

Hihi

Are you Mr Duul?

I wish I could do some more typing because I enjoy using my keyboard so much but I've lost interest in all video games and have no motivation to develop anything. Anyone else waste hundreds just to barely use the keyboard because you don't even have to type to browse the web?
start->f->enter->tab->4->enter oh look im on Sup Forums

It works I guess

They just had a massive group buy last month, so its gonna be a while, maybe next year

i feel like my layout needs some improvements, what should i change?

soon

tada68

yes

kawaii desu
How often do you guys end up needing to look at the keys when typing in japanese? I touch type english so idk how fast you learn to do the same in a foreign language
I just pre-ordered one of these on massdrop, never ordered something on there before so hopefully it goes well

I'm a faggot of the biggest magnitude and bought the keycaps strictly because I thought they looked cool. I do not know Japanese

unless you type japanese for a living, you only need a japanese IME

it's what even the japanese do

>flipped spacebar
no it doesnt, if you need to flip your spacebar like that then you objectively type the wrong way

get a full sized keyboard. then you wont have to worry about your layout at all.

so?
then your hands are uncomfortably far apart when one is on the mouse and one is on the keyboard.
just buy a num pad and use it that 1 time a year you need it

>num pad
if its wireless maybe i buy one, or should i directly build one?

>then your hands are uncomfortably far apart when one is on the mouse and one is on the keyboard.
manlet beta with small shoulders detected. the mouse not being close enough to the keyboard is litterally never a problem for me, and i use the numpad sometimes, so its useful and also has no negative effects.
>so?
well see the diagram. also the flipped spacebar like that is a reddit meme for fags and looks like shit on a keyboard.

amazon.com/Mizux-Mechanical-Numeric-Wireless-Receiver/dp/B0734JHW81

sorry that thing has a battery

I do the second from the top red X except my wrists aren't bent in like that. When I type I pick my wrists up off the desk but if I'm playing a video game, which i rarely do any more because I can't find a fun game for the life of me, my wrist touches the desk. That keyboard pictured is the one I use for vidya as it has cherry silver switches. My leopold 980m which I primarily just type with has the spacebar the correct way around.
I also don't mind the way it looks.

how could you have a wireless anything without a battery?

Hey anons who can tell me if these keycaps are any good, can they can be re-used with any current switches?
They're from an old BTC rubber dome keyboard, model 5199, fccid: KB5199

bump

i mean i prefer something with integrated lithium battery like you have on phones, its flat and can occupy more spaces below the pc so you don't have to recharge it that often

they have a very inconsistent yellow and dents and to reuse them you have to cut of the stem and glue a 3D printed one i guess. this process will probably make your keys inconsistent in height

es.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Mi-Rabbit-Toy-Universal-Cell-Phone-Holder-Stand-Bracket-For-iPhone-Samsung-Smartphone-GPS/32262109695.html

What a shame, guess I'll switch it up anyways

Hey bud, huge fan here. Having been inspired by your juicy pics, I decided to get an affordable mechanical kb myself. I'm currently looking at Corsair Strafe with brown switches, which is just $69 on Amazon, and I'd love to know your opinion on the piece (I am not planning to mod it or switch keycaps, just out of the box use with a lot of typing).

I'd love to hear other /mkg/ connoisseur opinions on Corsair Strafe too (browns).

not him, but that big empty space makes me mad

Need help ASAP.

I got the KBDFans X-Silencing rings for my HHKB and does it matter which direction the rings are installed in? I know that with Hypersphere rings one side is matte and the other is shiny but on the KBDFans rings both sides are pretty damn shiny.

The keycaps are shit, the keyboard is a shitty rubberdome
Throw it out

Take the red pill

Wouldn't say it concerns me, since I intend to keep the keyboard in a spacious sliding tray and don't get crazy about aesthetics.
The Strafe also seems to come with rubber caps for gaymur layouts, though I'm not holding my breath for ever using those because I'm not a bloody manchild.

What's your general opinion on the Corsair build quality?

Best sub $100.00 mech keyboard on the market? Don’t mind buying chink shit either. But no RGB.

Why's my fucking page up key dead all of a sudden?
This is bullshit.

Finally starting to wire my clear acrylic split TKL I started last year. Damn, this will be tedious

There are certain BTCs that have cross stem sliders and you can use their caps on MX switches, but not that one. They look a bit crap anyway.

TADA68, or try and get a Model M. You should be able to get a very good condition one for that money.

where can i get dye sub pbt keycaps for alps switches?

oh id actually rather just have default OEM profile and also i need enough keycaps for a full sized keyboard

take it from me, the strafe is fine for a beginner board but the garbage and hard to replace keycaps and garbage build quality make it worth even less than the asking price. Go for a filco or ducky if you want a good 100% board for around the same price, and use gateron browns if you really want to use brown switches

Beggars can't be choosers

Figured keyboad was crap when I started looking into the types of keycaps online, thanks for the confirmation anons

Realforce 87u vs kbd75 with zealios vs sabre67 with mod-h? I can't make up my mind. I like tactile switches.

What sort of caps would look good on a Pok3r or other 60%? (If I get another board in the future, it'd probably just be an infinity 60% or something more programmable than the Pok3r). I'm using tai-hao miami right now, but it's a set bought before they started offering caps without the creepy coating. I'm basically used to it now, but it's still disturbing. I don't need labels for fn layer or anything else, although sometimes I feel blank keycaps look like they're missing something.

well what about a set of keycaps for at least just a full sized keyboard then?

Please keep us posted. I'm looking forward to seeing more of that board.

Tailmao alps

G20

I have wanted to try other profiles. How much does it cost to get enough G20 to fill a 60%?

Well that set that he linked does cover your standard full size keyboard. I don't know how you missed that. Your only other option for dye-sub PBT ALPS keycaps is salvaging old apple and omnikey keyboards

well g20 isn't as common so they are very expensive.
A blank 60% set will cost you 46 bucks, while a dye-sub set will cost you 70 bucks. At least they're PBT and you can pick your own colors. The chinks haven't cloned them yet, but I heard vortex is working on some knockoffs
pimpmykeyboard.com/g20-blank-keysets/
pimpmykeyboard.com/g20-sublimated-sets/

$46 isn't too bad. I often see prices for weird custom sets from GMK that end up over $100, so I considered reasonable sets like tai-hao to be more in the minority. I might end up picking up a blank set of g20 then. The only concern I have is that I have a $30+ cable with a coil in it that was made to match the godspeed set. I got it before they dropped a miami cable, since it roughly matches the miami. So now I don't know if I should go with something to match the cable or not. They don't have previews for every color, which sucks. I'd probably want a light blue or light pink color. I may just play it safe and get black. I found where they show plastic colors, but I can't find either of the blues that g20 comes in on there. I see a good pink and blue among the red/blue, but not ones that are a choice for the g20.

>godspeed set
I meant jukebox

I just spent $180 on a gmk set.

Jesus... I was really into the GMK Laser set, but I am a NEET and I just didn't have the money for it.

>tai-hao
>reasonable
I get that if your poor and want cheap custom keycaps they're like your only option, but the funny thing is that even tho they may seem cheap, they're actually overpriced.

>but the funny thing is that even tho they may seem cheap, they're actually overpriced.
I believe it. I'm sure making plastic in china is dirt cheap. Are there cheaper options to the consumer, or are you just pointing out that they're profiting a lot off them?

they are pumping dsa caps cheaper than ever

Got any links? I like the sound of cheap DSA caps.

there are cheaper options. Its funny tho on the big 11/11 sale tai hao made the mistake of pricing some of their keycaps using the Asian prices instead of the American ones. They were like 20-25 bucks cheaper when you compare them. If you need dirt cheap you can get OEM doubleshot PBT/POM keycaps from the manufacturers for like 5-10 bucks. I wouldn't recommend them but they are supper cheap
alibaba.com/product-detail/104-Keys-Double-Shot-PBT-Backlit_60719290421.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.48.62434b0dNsMZsI
If you don't want doubleshot you can get them for cheaper, but I wouldn't do it.

check out KBDfans

well theres a catch, they are blank and you only get the basic key.
you can find them on aliexpress

What are the least wobbly linears? Kailh Box?

is there a website that has force distance graphs for all major types and brands of mechanical switches?