See you in Tokyo!!

See you in Tokyo!!

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/mh3w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Didn't expect Abe to come desu

>Mario president and anime
ew

Finally the Summer Olympics return into a 1st world country.

Enough with the shitholes.

This. After Beijing, London and Rio finally a first world country

I didn't tell you but our prime minister was Mario.

Shinzo Mario

Didn't remember London, tbqh, but I'm alright with that statement.

>YFW Tokyo Olympics will never be as good as the one held in Rio

Abe is the cutest thing ever

Their show at the end was better than the entire olympics in your shitty country

Beijing might be my favorite olympics so far actually, I thought they pulled it off really well. They did a really good job blending their own culture with the olympics, like I thought they had by far the coolest olympic torch and medals of any summer games.

Meanwhile, London did shit like this

It was mainly that good because they blew a shitton of cash on it, I think it was 3 times as much as Brazil spent

countries should do that every time so we don't have to sit through another rio again

Japanese militaristic fascism has never been as qt as it is with Abe.

someone's forgetting what happened last time germany hosted the olympics, hans

They invented the Torch Relay. Hitler celebrated the athletic achievements of a black american. First olympics broadcasted on TV.

crazy how a corporations IP becomes a cultural symbol for a country

A few merchants went out of business. The world didn't stop spinning, though.

>mickey mouse
>ronald macdonald

yeah but we'd never use them in an olympic ceremony. or have our president dress up as them for that matter.

munich, 1972

It's not much better what you're always doing with your flag.
It's just a fucking flag. Stop spamming it everywhere.

The Japanese flag was in almost every single frame of the ceremony video, and I think it's fucking OK to say we don't spam ours that much at least.

you are the chemo that the Olympics needs.

I really dug that Tokyo ceremony. Thank god that the Japs have good humour.

Beijing was fun because watching the Chinese cheat their asses off was fascinating.

here it is
streamable.com/mh3w

Atlanta was the last one in a First World country actually.

The Tokyo opening ceremonies had better have a giant peeing loli sculpture.

IT'S HELLO KITTY
dis gon be gud

hai soudesu

Wasn't Sydney...oh, right.

Reminder that Beijing had, beyond the shadow of a doubt, the best olympic medals in history

A traditional olympic design on the front, and a ring of jade on the back to add a beautiful bit of chinese culture to them

>Chinese culture
404 not found. Mao took care of that some time ago.

If you go all the way back to the last time Tokyo hosted (1964), there have only been three Olympics held in a civilized country (Montreal, Los Angeles, and Atlanta).

I wonder how many Japanese athletes from '64 are still living? I know they said in '12 that only about 4-5 guys from the 1948 British teams were still around.

Probably at least several. Japan has very high life expectancy and it will have been 56 years since the 1964 games while it was 64 between the two London Olympics.

It just moved to Taiwan

gold and jade sounds tacky but these look nice

I can't wait to see the sharting ceremony in the 2024 Detroit Olympics

What did they mean by this?

Under Japan's cute and colorful veneer lies and deep and unattractive conservatism and xenophobia

Ain't nothin' wrong with that.