What's up Sup Forums?

What's up Sup Forums?
Do you know any entretaining games to pass the time on the Linux console?

Nethack.
TinyFugue if you find a MU* somewhere.

Nethack

i've never tried any roguelike game? Aren't those very time-consuming and complicated to get into?

There's gnuchess and gnugo if you want a quick game to play

Nethack takes a couple of minutes to learn the keys after which it's pretty straightforward dungeoncrawling. Things only happen when you do something (e.g. press an arrow key to walk), so there's no sweat if your boss shows up and wants to talk about this project.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

I'm trying it and it's pretty cool actually. Is it the berst rogue-like for you?

This is a meme btw, isn't it?

no shit

Also, do you know of any quick action games? to relief a bit of stress between working on things.

I haven't played any in ages. There's... Rogue, Angband and Moria on the top of my head.

That's not the Linux console, regard.

relieve* sorry I tend to confuse these substantives with the verbs in english

I'm making a shitty poker game for the cli on linux (primarily because I don't know how to make a gui in c++ .. but still)

It's the first thing tat came up on google, I'm sorry.

dcss --> /vg/rlg/

no

CLI games are appreciated. There's more people with fucked up vision than you can imagine.

I would imagine.. I'm not a good programmer by any means but it's not a terribly difficult thing to create (most annoying will be the AI but shouldn't be difficult to make). I'm going to work on it more once I'm done with this semester's finals.

Speaking of which, are there any FOSS online shooters around? I have a fully free libreboot laptop I don't want to spoil with steam...

>ctrl-f gearhead
>0/0

Gearhead, niggers

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.
It's even open source

bastet

There's Arena IIRC.

csokoban is nice
played ~30 levels without realizing that shift-X is undo

also theres a curses interface for nethack 3.4.3
try it at

ssh [email protected]