Its back and better than ever boys

its back and better than ever boys

Other urls found in this thread:

thehackernews.com/2015/09/lenovo-laptop-virus.html
symantec.com/content/dam/symantec/docs/security-center/white-papers/increased-use-of-powershell-in-attacks-16-en.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>No numerical keypad.
Dropped.

hmmm

>16:9
I don't want to pay a premium for a keyboard that all modern ThinkPads should have.

>not having a dedicated numerical keyboard

If I wanted peripherals everywhere I'd just stay at my desktop.

Is it idiot-proof water-proof?

>3-cell battery

D R O P P E D

Why? Li-pos can provide MOAH POWAH, because they are bigga, than 18650

it seems to have been dropped a few times already

DROPPED

>dual core in 5778, the year of our lord

>round bezel edges

DROPPED

>offset touchpad
>offset keyboard center
Numerical keypads literally are the worst.

I genuinely don't understand why Sup Forums isn't more into the MacBook. OSX is an amazing implementation of BSD, homebrew has all the packages you could ever want. BSD is a much purer Unix than Lincux.

And no, they are not expensive.

Not needed, glad that they got rid of it on small-screen models

>dual core
For what purpose?

>No numerical keypad.
>lenovo

>Sup Forums isn't more into the MacBook.
Because OS X is a shit (after 10.9 it is unstable as shit). Because MacBooks do not have easy-to-replace keyboard and stuff.

As owner of MacBook Air and former owner of entry-level thinkpad I can say, that mac only has a better screen.

>you can't install OSX onto other PCs
How new are you, Pajeet?
A proprietary, closed environment OS like OSX is not welcome by tech enthusiasts, but by toddlers and baby ducks.
Same goes for Windows, only Windows allows you better freedom than OSX to some degree (for now).

And let's not even talk about Apple's shitty, untested hardware, that you can't even repair.

>after 10.9 it is unstable as shit
I'm on 10.12 and my MacBook never crashes. I don't think it has even been rebooted for months.

>Windows allows you better freedom than OSX
Clueless.

Friendly reminder that Lenovo will never stop putting spyware on their computers:
thehackernews.com/2015/09/lenovo-laptop-virus.html

Thing is, at least some ThinkPads used to have a numerical keyboard, activated by the Fn key.
A separate, physical one is always better than an inbuilt one, though.

If you want shitty features you can always buy some shitty consumer laptop.
Or an older thinkpad.

>I'm on 10.12 and my MacBook never crashes
What MacBook?
In mine Air (13' 2014) WiFi started to disconnect from some APs. Tried reinstalling - no difference.
And some minor UI glitches.

My girlfriend has that one. They fixed the wifi issue a while back. But yes, it was broken for a few versions.

Oh knowledgeable one, please tell me how OSX is easier to modify than Windows (not that it's a competition, both are shit).

can your shitass ChinkPad evn eGPU?

Wanted to get an eGPU-capable laptop. Thought about the latest MacBook Pro, but it has shitass specs for the money. Got a Gigabyte Aero 15 instead. Was still expensive, but it is much better. i7-7700HQ, GTX 1060, 15.6-inch screen on a 14-inch form factor. Replaced RAM to 32GB and replaced SSD with 1TB Samsung 850 Pro, and put in another for good measure.

Sure, having TB3 on the PCIe bus is inferior to the TB3-CPU design that Macbooks employ. Love this Aero 15. Maybe option for an HK processor, but that's not really important to me.

Macbooks are made by a company that does everything it can to fuck over there customers past the thing working out of the box and a 1 year warranty and sometimes it can't even get that right. They make you pay extra to make sure you actually have a working device for 3 years and after that they make replacement parts and service documentation/software inaccessible to the end user or repair shops.
Apple has also been complete dogshit for it's pro users, Taking close to 5 years to release a new "Pro" device that isn't even upgradeable and cutting off support for 2009 Mac Pros at El Captiain while much weaker Macbooks from the same year are still fully supported.

Thinkpad 25 has Thunderbolt 3 retard, hell even thinkpads from 7 years ago can do eGPU through the express card slot.

Windows still doesn't have a proper shell in 2017. That's fucking pathetic.

I never even bought Apple care but I've had batteries, hard drives, motherboards and keyboards replaced for free, multiple times.

forgot about the clearly inferior eGPU method that is express card slot. Even so, Thinkpad 25 specs are pretty sad, especially with the U series CPU. Would result in poor eGPU performance.

It has both official and unofficial Unix-like shells, and it has a Powershell.
You have no argument there.

>Shelf clearing: The laptop
k

> I've had batteries, hard drives, motherboards and keyboards replaced for free, multiple times.
Good for you that Apple decided to treat you right, while it took them years to admit that there 2011 Macbooks had dGPU issues and issues a recall program for devices that are already 4 years old. It took customer petitions and a class-action lawsuits before Apple finally decided to do something.

Powershell is fucking garbage, it has overly obtuse and wordy syntax, clearly designed by people who have never used a command line in their lives.

ConEmu is buggy as hell and really showing its age. Pretty much every other project is based on ConEmu.

The "new" command prompt is only available for Windows 10. So, if you like maximum telemetries I guess.

OSX has all of the good Unix shells (zsh, csh, fish etc.), tons of emulators, tmux, native BSD not like fake cygwin with its shoddy integration. It has the whole POSIX suite ready to go and amazing package managers.

Even the Mac keyboard is superior. Thumb keys for the primary key modifier, not twisty pinky torture.

This.

>Powershell is fucking garbage, it has overly obtuse and wordy syntax, clearly designed by people who have never used a command line in their lives.

Another sucker who hasn't spent more than a minute with the thing.
Most commands have aliases that are up to 4 characters long and you can set up your own. Parameter names can be as short as long as they are unique, e.g. -r for -Recurse. Positional arguments means writing parameter names can be skipped altogether. Pipeline objects can be passed without even specifying arguments for the receiving command.

Windows has had an official bash subsystem for over a year, Pajeet.

lrn b4 u shill

>that massive bottom bezel

>tenkey on a laptop
Dropped.

It's a laptop.

>complains about botnet
>shills for OSX
go back to shilling school, ahmed

It's true, I didn't use it very much. The few times I did, it just felt nasty.

Why exactly should anyone learn a specification that Microsoft will throw away in a few years when they could use one that has been going 40+ years and likely will for the next 100 or more? Not invented here syndrome.

Only in Windows 10.

the p50 still has a numpad it seems weirtd having the trackpad and keyboard not centered though

waiting for dick???

Powershell has been going on since 2006 and Is not going away anytime soon. Microsoft has replaced CMD with Powershell as the default shell in Windows 10 and Powershell is required for Windows Nano server

>It's a laptop
That doesn't excuse the use of an unupgradeable dual core for a T-series type Thinkpad in 2017
Even the T420 from fucking 2011 had quad core options available
Thinkpads are not macbook-tier facebook machines for normies

I only see big businesses getting conned into buying a Microsoft server stack. Startups aren't doing it, individuals aren't doing it and no one that is doing anything of interest or consequence is doing it.

>I need muh power in a portable device
Get a P series one then.

>Startups aren't doing it, individuals aren't doing it and no one that is doing anything of interest or consequence is doing it.
Hackers are doing it though.
symantec.com/content/dam/symantec/docs/security-center/white-papers/increased-use-of-powershell-in-attacks-16-en.pdf

T420 never came officially speced with a quad-core part, it just so happened if you put a quad-core part in it works,. The T420 just has a hard time cooling it without the CPU throttling

They don't have the classic keyboard
Fuck lenovo for tying it to a fucking dual core

>$1,899.00

people pay that for a laptop?

It's literally a grossly overpriced T470 with non-chiclet keyboard.
Fuck this, I'm sticking with my T420.

I probably use my numeric keypad more then any other part of the keyboard.
Some people need that.

>$1,899.00
this must be some kind of sick joke.

>I don't understand why Sup Forums doesn't like this piece of hardware
>proceeds to talk about software
Are you stupid? You realize we're not using Windows on ThinkPads, right?

good enough reason to carry your own mechanical numpad with you if that's the case

they literally have a better laptop with a better processor and same graphics card, screen, and form factor for $1300. LOL i can't believe it's sold out. Thinkfags and freetards are dumb as shit

It also comes out at a time when Intel and Nvidia made very significant gains in the newest mobile CPUs and GPUs - but it has the OLD chips.
If it had a 8-series CPU (or Ryzen) and a MX150, it wouldn't be so disappointing.

What are you even doing on Sup Forums?

Lmao what wouldn't result in "bad" egpu performance