Why are some English people so swarthy? Is it because of the Celtic blood in them...

Why are some English people so swarthy? Is it because of the Celtic blood in them? Then why don't Irish and Scots share this feature?

Other urls found in this thread:

prospectmagazine.co.uk/features/mythsofbritishancestry
bbc.co.uk/history/familyhistory/get_started/surnames_01.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=3kHSfWryQI0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not sure,

Even Jenna is swarthy sometimes

Black slaves and Sarmatia soldiers lived in England and Wales during Roman times

Bump for interest

I just want a pale British gf

I just want a half paki British gf

>You will never marry a qt feminist girl
Why live?

Hot desu

Literally the product of colonialism

Isn't she French?

Wasn't the UK once part of the roman empire? You look at guys like orlando bloom and kit harrington and there is no way they did not originate from either spain or italy.

Yes.

no, not the uk. england, wales and southern scotland were.

Because before they got enriched by the fair Saxons, Angles and Norse, the native Brittons were brown Neolithic people, the same kind you see in Spain and Portugal and France.

You are right but very wrong.

Yes, the same genes are present in Spain and Britain, but no, they did not come during Roman times, but much earlier, in pre-history. Brown farming people settled Europe 8,000 years ago.

isnt she french?>

If you add the Black irish to the list who's left?Everything north of Dundee, Cornwall and the Isle of Man? That's not really a lot of people

born in Paris to English parents who were working there at the time.

Recent research shows that Europe only recently became white skinned. White skin is a relatively new evolutionary development - before that Euros were not exactly dark but just swarthy, as most fishing tribes of the north are.

>Watson was born in Paris, France, the daughter of English lawyers Jacqueline Luesby and Chris Watson

Roman Britain had a small amount of Mediterranean influx into the gene pool. The amount of Roman settlers were never that many and Britain relied on culturally assimilated locals to govern.

>Luesby

norman aka french surname

The Irish can often be swarthy as fuck tho.

A lot of Norman surnames we're brought to England during the Norman invasion.

Original britons were swarthy. The succesive anglo, viking and norman invasions bleached them.

>"... the swarthy faces of the Silures, the curly quality, in general, of their hair, and the position of Spain opposite their shores, attest to the passage of Iberians in old days and the occupation by them of these districts; ..." (Tacitus Annales Xi.ii, translated by M. Hutton)

>norman
>french

well memed

>bottom right

Mehmet

ANGLOCUCCHI

..............so we are related to you

Ancient britons were. Now you are germanic rape babies.

If that were an actual picture of you I'd marry you right meow

prospectmagazine.co.uk/features/mythsofbritishancestry

You were related to the ancient Iberians. Now they're moorish rape babies.

We're related to you

El haitiANO seniores.

>Now they're moorish rape babies.

But we are the same people anyway, mediterraneans.

look mae noon gives ashet rai
just get urself fokin laeed

>But we are the same people anyway, mediterraneans.
Can't make this shit up

What's up, haitiANO?

>So, based on the overall genetic perspective of the British, it seems that Celts, Belgians, Angles, Jutes, Saxons, Vikings and Normans were all immigrant minorities compared with the Basque pioneers, who first ventured into the empty, chilly lands so recently vacated by the great ice sheets.

Also, many of the original Britons didn't have surnames at the time so they adapted Anglo-Saxon and Norman surnames.

bbc.co.uk/history/familyhistory/get_started/surnames_01.shtml

Nice, lots of Basque autism in the comments.

Replace Basques with Sardinian and it's true

>Why are there some morons that are in denial? Look up who the basques were n youll feel proud...the basques are the original europeans,we unofficially discovered america,1st man to circle the globe sebastian elcano was basque,the stonehenge were built by ancient basques,we were the 1st seamen,hell the white race is founded on by the cromagons who gave rise to the basques and the basques gave rise to the so called "celts".The anglos etc sure brainwashed you...

But I have

almost ancient finn tier we wuzing

>Basques,Etruscans,Trojans,Sumerians,Thracians,Pelasgians,Atlanteans were all the same people....These people are the true founders of european culture......however they were unjustly overlooked...

>The Basques are the original europeans and 80% of europeans descend from them.Etruscans were ethnic Basques and these people founded rome n taught the romans everything yet the romans took all the credit and glory wtf the basques created the 1st known civilization n now to finally drop ur jaw they also created egypt,mesopotamia,the indus valley n troy...enough said....research it if u think? i am off my rocker.....

>hilology in 1984 and since 1994, genetics, demonstrated that Basque people are the direct descendants of the Homo Sapiens. Thus, the common roots of all the inhabitants of the planet are rooted in the Basque country. In 1995 National Geographic magazine published an article entitled The Basque: The first family of europe. A recent DNA study of the British shows that their first ancestors came from the Basque country. Something their mythology had mentioned repeatedly. In the introduction and the epilogue of the last glaciation the widespread colonization of Europe was initiated from the Basque country. In 1999, two American archaeologists established the thesis that America was populated by Basque sailors 20,000 years ago. The current Cantabria can not hide its basque substrate. Its capital Sant-Ander, Castro Urdiales or Mazcuerras gives us an idea of which people settled there in the past. In Euskera(Basque) ezpain(end,extreme), was used to refer to Spain, as the peninsula has always been the extreme land of the known world, the West. Hence the british named it Spain. Throughout the whole basque country constitutes a real faculty of anthropology where all europeans and even people around the world are represented. As a prehistoric people, they are jealous cultivators of their ancient traditions and festivities. The fact that the Sanfermines(the running of the bulls) be recognized as the world's most universal festivity is genetically and chemically pure atavism. Over the coming decades, the world will discover puzzled how cultural manifestations of humanity originated in Basque lands. As a mother tongue of all european languages, Basque should become a compulsory subject for all European institutes and universities, replacing the Greek and Latin, which are sons, too,of the basque language. I have always been surprised by the large number of basque names that are scattered around the world,

Best combo in the world

youtube.com/watch?v=3kHSfWryQI0

They're part of the Irish-Iberian race

>Brits wuz iberian

But practically everyone in my area has blonde hair and light eyes. Maybe the southern Welsh, but Idk about English

read the thread. also that doesnt mean anything, genetics is crazy

I know a few like that - hot indeed

The Irish and Highland Scots tend to have higher rates of black hair and other 'dark' features, the Welsh have the highest rates of olive skin, and the English tend to have brown/dark brown hair and skin which goes a light tan with freckles (like some Danes). Blonde hair seems most common in Lowland Scotland and East Anglia.

>pic related is a not-uncommon look in Cornwall and Wales

I wonder what her arsehole smells like

I'm Cornish, no foreign influence in the family tree at all and I'm darker skinned than most Spaniards

It's just an online meme that Brits came from Iberia.

How was living with her?

>this surname with variant spellings Leadley, Ledley and Leathley is of English locational origin from the village of Leathley in West Yorkshire.

Damn whats that hairstyle called

Just woke up

Lancashire is Viking territory.

What I'm interested by is the fact that every REALLY blonde and pale person I've met around here has been from Northern Wales - proper Welsh territory and still speak Welsh as first language. Ritzy Bryan is the only famous example I can think of but where I work it's immediately obvious, all the Rhians and Theas and Gwynns are white haired. And yet there's plenty more besides that are swarthy as everyone says.

There can't be a person left in mainland Britain who can't trace ancestry back to all three of England, Scotland and Wales. There isn't exactly a Ledley-alike on every street corner in Wales or Cornwall, but they are the regions where such a peculiar look is most common. The brown hair, brown eyes and olive skin look is also fairly common in those areas, and not so much in other parts of Britain.

The angry Welshman

>Tfw basque hurritage

Feels good descending from a mythological master race.

We wuz Atlantis.

>Then why don't Irish and Scots share this feature?
They do. There are lot of red haired Irish and Scottish people, but very few blonde haired ones. The ones who don't have red hair usually have brown hair/eyes, and the Welsh are almost completely brown haired/brown eyed (very few native Welsh people are blonde or have blue eye).

>le normans are not french!!!!!!

If those pakis are 100% British, if those Greeks are Australian, then normans are definitely French

stay mad :^)

See You're talking out your arse mate, the Welsh are a genetic anomaly

>tfw half-breton, half-poitevin and pale af

I'm glad English people are swarthy because I spent some time in central Europe and I realized there's nothing less attractive than blue eyes. I just hate that fucking look it's so boring.

WHITE THREAD NOW

tbqhwyf the nearest thing to a dark Brit is a Frenchman

>tfw Belgae masterrace genes

>tbqhwyf the nearest thing to a dark Brit is a Frenchman

Dark ? u wot, m8

I'm 100% French and I bet I'm as pale as you

I prefer spanish qts than slags

Are Mediterranean's master race