I was considering getting a smartwatch pretty soon

I was considering getting a smartwatch pretty soon.

Is Android Wear the best choice of operating system? I assumed since it's such a big name it would have the most apps and the best interaction with my Android (Google) phone.

Are there any objections to this? What alternatives should I consider if so?

>Get an Amazfit Pace or Ticwatch 2 if you want a "full" Android OS.
>Get a Samsung Gear for a premium experience
>Get an Pebble if you want good battery and a great aftermarket community.
>Get an Amazfit Bip if you want something cheap, with amazing battery (no apps tho)
Otherwise, go with a Ticwatch E for a cheap Android Wear, AW2.0 was hit or miss for most people, so spending too much on a smartwatch might end up as a disappointment.

Why get a smartwatch instead of just using your phone? What extra functionality could you possibly desire that your phone does not already provide? Why not get a normal cheap wristwatch?

Unironically asking.

I bought an Amazfit Bip after using a MiBand 2 for a year since I want something better. It is a niche market but pretty handy for a bunch of situations like reading and replying messages at glace or in a socially unacceptable place, controlling stuff on your phone when your hand is busy, tracking your health, having an alternative to your phone for things like music or maps when you go out and don't want to carry it. It is not a must have but it is nice to have around.
If you want to see how useful it might be for you, buy a cheap MiBand 2 and use an app such as GadgetBridge to add text support and intents for the button to control stuff.

I was looking at watches to get to become more /fa/ and I figured why not go with a smart watch that I would actually use instead of a wristwatch I would never look at anyway

Don't listen to these trolls and brainlets OP.

An Apple Watch paired with the latest iPhone X is the best ecosystem.

Sad but true, I would never use an Apple product, but their Apple Watch is arguably the best smartwatch atm, but others are alright for most use cases. Google fucked up with Android Wear and other platforms aren't big enough, only Pebble had it going for them and Fitbit killed them.

If you're a wristlet like me.
The Gear Sport is pretty much your only option

And get an Apple Watch if you're not a faggot

>Pebble

RIP

Tizen or Android?

Lg watch sport is $100 right now on B&H

Tfw your smart watch is getting old and won't receive oreo

>Jordan.jew
fuck off nigger
you should have bought the gear s with tizen

Did you crack the bottom of your screen?

>Doesn't have Momiji on his watch
You're not the real awoo~!

No it's where the ambient light sensor lives.
It's not very noticeable IRL

>And get an Apple Watch if you're a faggot
fixed for you

I was being sarcastic, silly. Hurry up and get a watch that isn't vendor locked so you can install Asteroid OS.

So what's the point of using watches when you can just check your phone?

What model is it?

Hi,
It's the 2nd generation moto 360

iktf, wear 2.0 was a mistake anyway

Literally shitposting