EPYC

Available on Newegg now.

newegg.com/AMD-Processors-Servers/BrandSubCat/ID-1028-727

>AMD EPYC 7551P 32-Core
>2,299

Muh dick.

Shit looks epyc bro!

Okay, 1P boards from SuperKikero/Gigakike when?
>no 7401p in stock
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Two years from now there will probably be a bunch on ebay for a few hundred bucks

Jesus imagine all the monero you could mine with that.

>1200 passmark

I dunno. I don't think first generation Epyc would go to that range until SP3 is out of use and that may be for a while.

Also if you buy used, I don't think it would be a good for gaming unless games suddenly go super multicore, and I don't think web browsers and office suite software is suddenly going to scale up to use all the cores and threads on a first gen Epyc by the time it hits the used eBay auctions.

Still, it would probably be impressive since I doubt mainstream consumers will get a 32 core anytime soon.

should be around 2300h/s

Eh, I don't think it will be that impressive
A 1700x 8core @3.5 can do about 470h/s, call it 500
A 32 core @ 2GHz would be at 1150h/s, or about a single vega

You're correct, EPYC isn't going to be anything ground breaking in the used market.

Threadripper though? 16 cores at higher clock speeds than normal Ryzen. That'll be good shit.

uhh come on man
every year when intel CPUs get next gen shit you see their $7000 CPUs on ebay for $50-250 for a solid month.
epyc will be in the same fucking boat the instant something 5% better comes.

Hyperscalers are yet to properly adopt it.
Don't expect cheap EBYNs on eBay.

ebyn :DDDD

The 1950X does 1k+ h/s.

>180w TDP
>2ghz 32-core

HOUSEFIRE!

That thing has almost twice the frequency
Epyc is 2ghz base/3ghz boost

128 Lanes

28 samsung 960pro in raid 0

I'd rather get 24 NVMe+40/100Gb networking.

There's no way these machines will drop in price that quickly. 7nm won't hit the needed reliability and yield standards until 2019 and just as we saw AMD take ~9 months to go from consumer to enterprise release, we'll likely see a similar time frame for 7nm products.

Check out Ebay some time to get an idea of enterprise hardware valuation. 5 year old IvyBridge 6-cores are still selling for ~1/8th their launch MSRP.
The price of any CPU outside of special snowflakes (i.e. some flaw by comparison like the x5650's X58 chipset/motherboard being rare and power hungry) generally matches the price of a modern performance-equivalent CPU.

So for a 32 core monster to hit "hundreds of dollars" in "a couple years" implies that in two years consumer CPUs in the $300-500 range would be performance equivalent.

tl;dr you a dum-dum

Does it need another socket or it works on AM4?

>It is physically identical to, but incompatible with, AMD's high-end desktop Socket TR4
thanks AMD

>$0.99 Shipping
Sorry, that's too much.

How can it be incompatible if its physically identical?

What does EYPC stand for? I can't figure out the acronym.

You tell me bud

Not an acronym, its a cheapshot at Intel's failed EPIC architecture, better known as Itanium

Software lockout due to “probably” different power requirements between epyc and thread ripper

Not really.
Probably bios microcode patch can enable them just like Intel server processors on desktop.

Likely the fact the other two dies won't have any local memory pool or I/O to link to, as TR4 sockets dont have the traces required to activate the other 64 lanes or the other 4 memory channels.

TR is 2 dies - 64 pcie lanes and 4 channel ram
Ebyc ebin is 4 dies with 128 lanes and 8 channel ram
Forcing motherboard manufacturers to support both TR and epyc would be the same shitfest with x299 again

Muh dick.
Can't wait for a 3ghz base clock version to come in later.

>Out of stock.
It's the covfefe lake all over again.
Fucking hell and I thought I wasn't going to buy a threadripper because anons told me to wait for epyc.

At this rate I will never retire my dual 2011-v3 board.

Gotta love those real man mobos

Ask Intel

Beautiful blue. Where is the green ones?

EPYC stands for "Intel should never design a fucking ISA ever again".

>only one SKU not out of stock

Lmao, AMD is killing it