New iMac Pro - Hate Thread / Discussion

Apple's new iMac Pro is launching tomorrow with a $5,000 price tag.

Let's take a look at the lowest end model, which is going for $5,000
> CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2620 V4 2.1GHz 8-Core Processor ($408.99)
> 32GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz ($370)
> 1TB PCIe SSD ($620)
> AMD Radeon Pro Vega 56 GPU with 8GB ($500)

The screen is a 27 inch 5k display. Apple sells the screen for $1300 - apple.com/shop/product/HKN62LL/A/lg-ultrafine-5k-display

Total cost of core components: $3,200 +/- $100

And this is for the lowest-end model.
Components can be expanded to:
- 18 core Xeon (Ranging between $2200 - $3100 depending on model)
- 128GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz ($1630)
- 4TB PCIe SSD ($2600 - $3300)

You can build this exact PC yourself and save about $2000, and that's just for the lowest end model. I can't even fathom how much the upgraded models will cost.

OR just get a single socket epyc and save yourself even more money

Anyway yeah, apple is just trolling at this point, this will be trashcan 2.0.

hey dumbass - you forgot the motherboard. and speakers. and (really nice) keyboard and best trackpad in industry. Oh and you forgot the case. And the screen on iMac is better than LG trash (not interrupted by wifi etc). l2maths

Isn't the imac screen 6-bit + FCR IPS? How come Apple didn't just use true 10-bit oled/led displays like everyone else?

Part of the price is the form factor.

Lol desperate
I like Apple but it's clear they've hit a ceiling in terms of market growth and are now looking to cut costs and raise prices to compensate
Good to have your employer buy for you, bad to buy for yourself

Why do you care about form factor in a desktop when the point of a desktop is to stay in one place

Which is going to be faster for programming?
This or 2017 iMac 27" with 32GB RAM and i7 7700 4.2GHz?

^

Because I have a computer and monitor that takes up as much space as your monitor.

how low will it throttle........

Also I do bring my iMac to my cabin here and there, it's nice to be able to just grab it and have everything I need.

>just use Windows

How disgusting.

But the form factor is stupid and inefficient.
Also this

>But the form factor is stupid and inefficient
That's like your opinion, man
Also these

What is the cpu going to clock at i assume it's throuttled hard i saw a picture of the heatsink and it looked tiny

That "LG trash" is sold directly by apple. Look at its link in the OP

>homOS X

This is an 18+ website.

>being homophobic

>the world's most valuable company is now run by a homosexual
>from an iPad

No wonder you're mad, breeder.

If you're pricing up similar PC specs you've already missed the point. A "similar" PC build won't run FCP/Motion.

>Not being homophobic

Who are you to tell anyone what they can and can't put in their butts?

You act like you can even get xenons on windows

There are people with too much money who need to spend it some how, Arab Sheiks, trust fund kids and It Girls need this.

You can't with OS X either.

I know we love to meme and larp here a lot but remember guys: homosexuality is an unforgivable sin worthy of an eternity in hell

kek

Cry more autist. I'll deus vult in your tight little arsehole and you will enjoy it, faggot.

I love drinking the delicious, salty jealousy from poorfags. It sustains me. We need more hate threads like this.

>muh poorfags
macOS is the best OS, that's why it's superior
not because spending money like a nigger on welfare is a good thing

Apple usually over cost ram 3 to 4 times price market and sell GPU as profesional price.