Why do all the minorities with macbooks in my class set their terminal to black/green when we are just writing python...

Why do all the minorities with macbooks in my class set their terminal to black/green when we are just writing python hello worlds?

Other urls found in this thread:

spaces.archilogic.com/blog/life-of-a-pixel]
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

External validation.

It's called having fun you autism

green on black is comfy

It can make the screen more readable and easier on the eyes.

Also, this, you tardtastic autist

It's easier to read. What's your problem?

White on black is the comfiest desu.

Is the neon green really that pleasant to look at? My eyes hurt when I look at black bkg with bright text. Amber is the best color for terms anyway

Because default is black on white and it’s awful, so changing it is mandatory.
They pick green on black because they’ve seen the matrix and have no imagination (they’re chinks after all)

My eyes are shit but I still set it to be some really obnoxious scheme.
That or I make it fill transparent with some continuously running thing that always outputs some absurd number of lines just for the sake of having noise on my screen

Contrast?

Don't worry.

They'll probably be weeded out soon.

Nah, I use solarized dark, bruh.

Matrix hax0rs

Black on off-white is objectively the best (not memeing; it's proven to be the easiest to read)

It's always green on black in the movies when the 1337 haXor cracks the encryption and steals the secret list.

I did it for a little while. I've found white on black to be the comfiest. I'll change it to green though if I feel like having a little fun

>green on black is easier on the eyes
Definitely not the shade that's in OP's pic. It makes it a bigger pita to read actually.

Because they're not cool enough to realize amber is the patrician choice.

awful conscious of all those minorities, OP

also, black background terminal feels cooler to me! not necessarily black and green, that's cliche, but off white background makes me feel like pajesh rajoon the desk jockey

because they are 1337, why else

Get off your phone, faggot.
But, yes, I agree.

How do you identify phone posters? Is it just random accusations or is there a per-post difference?

Idk, my dick just gets really hard, and points east. That's how I know.

Btw, That's the first time I accused (and accurately, mind you) someone of being on their phone.

That is the default color of iterm2, a popular terminal emulator on mac OS

Let's lit every pixels on the screen except the ones that matter

kek

green on black looks like absolute shit
>muh matrix
yellow on black, however

>gee I wish my code looked like an old book

Came here to say this. Amber-on-black is the patricians choice.

I like dark solarized as background color but the colorscheme itself is absolute unreadable cancer

not really the contrast sucks ass
dark green on black is the comfiest

>macfags are autistic losers
Why are you even surprised?

>that pic
thanks now I'll have to slap something like a lainchan sticker on the fruit

>owning a fruitbook to begin with
Fag.

it's scientifically more 'viewable'

especially if you have old-ass TN panels with terrible back-lighting in them

amber-phosphor fags will debate this

>It's called having fun
This. I am a white male and I do this on almost every computer I use and I don't use macbooks.

I thought you were going to say that being a white guy is fun lol.

>Caring about personal terminal colors other people use
I think you need to just pay attention to ur own life and stop being a insecure soyboy

> This intuitively makes sense to me so it must be fact
Stay Dunning-Kruger, user.
When you look at a bright surface your pupils contract and the letters come into better focus. When you look at a dark(er) surface, your pupils expand and the letters become more blurry.

/comfy/ coding

because studies have shown that those with black screens and green text have an IQ above 120 :^)

Personally, i do it because it looks nice and feels cool.

Why would it matter on an LCD of any type?

I do green on black, and dark themes in general, because i find that the contrast helps me to focus on the letters (it also doesn't strain my eyes as much). In addition to that, less pizels are being lit which saves electrical and processing power.
I don't like monotone though, makes it hard to spot flaws in code or know if you are using the right magic words. Poly-chromatic of Gree, Red, Yellow, and Blue on black would be pretty fucking Ca$h though. Anoyne know how to do this in a cmd prompt or power-shell?

(OP)
Why do all the neckbeards with thinkpads in my class spend all their time shitposting on Sup Forums and looking at other people's terminal themes when we're supposed to be programming?

>because i find that the contrast helps me to focus on the letters (it also doesn't strain my eyes as much)
Subjective I guess but dark characters against a light bg is in general easier for human eyes to read

>In addition to that, less pizels are being lit which saves electrical and processing power.

Okay the electricity one I can understand people thinking but "less processing power" nigga are you serious?

the negro can't program, but he can change his terminal's look so he feels satisfied with himself

A fully white lcd consumes less electricity than a fully black lcd screen tho

>not using superior blue on black

That pic hurt my eyes. That post hurt my brain.

>"less processing power" nigga are you serious?
The Graphical Processing Unit (GPU) would have to render less bits of data for each pixel. It would be a save, if a small one.

lol 2bh though I mostly use white on blue

Mactoddlers will defend this.

i'm suprised they're using terminal at all

>Subjective I guess but dark characters against a light bg is in general easier for human eyes to read

I did some research on this, and it's only true for people with astigmatism. If you look at the percentage of people who had an easier time reading dark on light, it's similar to national rates of astigmatism. I personally find light on dark easier to read, especially since I'm red-green colorblind, and it's easier for me to distinguish certain colors on a dark background. I also don't think there's any question that using a light background can be more stressful on the eyes if no astigmatism is percent since, readability being equal, white background means more light entering the eye, which means more strain with long periods.

>if no astigmatism is percent
present*

>The Graphical Processing Unit (GPU) would have to render less bits of data for each pixel
Nigga telling a pixel to render as pure black is exactly the same instruction as telling it to render off-white or hot dildo pink.

Unless you can provide sauce showing that GPU drivers sending three offs to a pixel uses less memory or "processing power" than a combination of offs and ons.

>Nigga telling a pixel to render as pure black
but that's the thing though, when the pixel has been turned off in the 1st clock cycle, then after that it has no instruction going to it since nothing is changing there (same for full white screen), and in addition to that the pixel is rendering RGB-(000,000,000), in other words off. Which means no electrical power is flowing to that pixel, saving power compared to the all-white screen.

For more info: [spaces.archilogic.com/blog/life-of-a-pixel]

I don't like that shade of blue, too bright for me, good sir. Btw, was that a pic of a crt?

Nah it's Cathode, a "retro" terminal app for OSX, has all sorts of fun effects and shit.

It's easy on the eyes, hence why i use this color scheme

Because they want to look like real """hackers"""

>lainchan
arisuchan

Green on black is genuinely the best for contrast, but it's probably just because they wanna look like cool hackers.

I use the "Pro" theme with a bright green block cursor (blinking enabled)

anyone else?

damn, this is a nice theme

not using macbook, here's mine.