What do you guys think of windows xp black edition ?

What do you guys think of windows xp black edition ?
Is it legit ?
there are still official security update

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/12406246/Windows XP Professional SP3 x86 - Black Edition 2015.9.12
youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Says XP
>Looks like Vista
Plox help my brain hurts.

What the fuck is that pajeet

Found it here thepiratebay.org/torrent/12406246/Windows XP Professional SP3 x86 - Black Edition 2015.9.12

>no DX11
>no DX12

why use windows if you're not going to play video games?

I've used WinXP BE for many years. Installed probably 20 different machines and several reinstalls on some of them since ... 2009?2010? Maybe even earlier. Hard to remember.

I spent a fair bit of time interacting 2010-2011. Only reason I stopped was my last 32-bit system died about a year ago. Haven't needed to VM WinXp for any reason since everything I do works fine on Win7 or under Debian.

Not knowing anything that's changed in 2017, I would give a high recommend based upon most of a decade of extensive experience prior to that. It's always Just Worked for me, nice lean install missing a lot of garbage and with very reasonable optional tools that I usually use ... or skip them for others I prefer. Very comfy.

Because I have a literal toaster and want to play old video games ?

They don't do security updates for XP anymore user.

Install macOS

Then use a lightweight Linux distro + wine + emulators. Don't use some shady pajeet shit.

Great isn't it heavy or bloated ?
Some says it's lighter thant XP is it true ?
And where you used to download it ?
There's a ton of "remix" full of malwares

They do with posready and yes it's compatible .

Many performance issue with wine
A game that would run just fine in windows xp would be unplayable in wine !
if you have more than the minimal requirements you won't notice it I guess.
And of course some games just won't work with.

>black edition
i will uninstall it if it fails to steal my bike in first 3 days of using

Black not Nigger edition user

I read somewhere that the control panel is hijacked and tons of maleware is installed.

I tried it, offline it is great.

If it had dx11-12 i'd still use it today

>tfw you turn off so much shit the whole system uses 120mb of ram in total and still have all functions you need
Perfection

I'm surprised a brainlet normalfaggot like you even had enough intelligence to make a thread

>Basically 2018
>Windows XP
>Nigga edisheen
>Looks like Vista
> TBP

I can't believe you even considered using this so, you know, have fun.

There's a tons of remix version that can be found in every language so who know ?

Too poor to afford a new PC and this one still have security update so you know..
Also what's wrong with TPB?.

>128 mb of ram
It's possible ?

Thats an actual dream, my clean w7+chrome is running at 5,65gb.

Good on you for caring about the increase of total happiness in the world!

Kek

depending on how literal toaster-tier your machine is and how old the games are, you might want to try installing 10 LTSB .. yes I know botnet out the ass, but it actually runs surprisingly well on shitty hardware (within reason)

if you do have an absolute potato then use the last relase of TinyXP whatever that is (if you can find it)

990mib of ram a chipset with 128 vram
And an Intel Pentium E2160 1.8ghz dual core
I have maybe a little less than the minimal requirements..

Every time I read an article with someone who try windows 10 on an old machine
Ram or even a better CPU is always added ...

Yes however you have to know which services to turn off and which to keep

I learned through trial and error and once ended up bricking the whole os, so

Sounds fun

Afaik MS only deploys security updates to high paying governments etc. who can't upgrade their legacy systems. I don't know who's deploying the patches you claim to receive, but I have my doubts that they're legit or even security updates.

Posready2009 updates...

Can't you add more RAM? It's probably going to suck, but if you can add at least 1-2GB more RAM you should be able to run 10 LTSB.
Anyway, with those specs just install BunsenLabs Linux or any other lightweight distro. At least that way you still have a fairly modern system, and set up dual-boot to Windows if you actually play games (although I recommend getting used to playing nethack or similar roguelikes lol).

I would seriously recommend installing linux with a very lightweight DE/WM. It's not like you're playing many games on windows with specs like that. You might as well get the best performance you can.

I'll admit that I didn't know they still patched those. Still not worth the other crap that comes with it. Just install vanilla XP and enable POSready updates manually.

I really can't right now unfortunately
I will dual boot windows xp yeah. Didn't know bunsenlabs Linux

A VM with those specs is possible ?
I'll definitely use a Linux distro for regular browsing but for games clearly (and i tried wine )it's far from a native .exe on windows

I'll stick to POSReady 2009. If I wanted it to look like Vista I could do that on my own.

I thinks it's possible yes, but this one already have all the libraries and patches so why not ?
Nobody complains in the comment , no complains in the forum either seems clean

Hey if you want to trust a cobbled together third party version of a closed source OS made by some random guy on the Internet, by all means go ahead.

What should I do in your opinion ?
Posready ? A regular sp3 windows xp?
Xp Be seems trusted that's the weird part

I use POSReady 2009. I don't see the obsession behind making XP receive POSReady 2009 updates when POSReady 2009 is XP.

What games can you possibly be playing with those specs?

THE MEMORIES ARE FLOODING BACK
AAAAAAAAA

I can't literally download it as my ISP is a dick I lost internet for like 1 second every hour

Wow vanilla run well, probably lite mmo like dofus or wakfu
Old games like baldur's gate or fallout 2
Rimworld but I am not sure

You can't resume downloads?

Download error if the connexion go away
Maybe with a download manager

>not the gold edition

Have you actually tried to play these games?

Baldur's gate and fallout 2 work like a charm
Wow vanilla run at 30 fps as long as you are not in a raid (donjon are OK)or if there is too many people.
Dofus works didn't try wakfu but it should .
I tried rimworld with wine the game ran and I actually could play but there was definitely a problem with the chipset ( the game became pink) maybe with windows drivers ?

MUHAMMED
GIVE ME YOUR AK AND THE BOMB VEST
WE GO KILL AMERICAN

There's no way you'll be able to run Rimworld, period. You may be able to play at the very beginning, but if you do anything at all larger it will run like shit. Believe me.

Same with WoW. I may run at 25-30 fps in a beginning area, but after that nothing.

BG and Fallout should run flawlessly in Wine.

This was the shit. I had XP Black Edition back in 2006 or so.

This entire practice seems to have died out on the Windows scene.

Making all these tiny/ultra-light stripped down versions of OS essentially feels like it died with XP.

I remember using TinyXp which was insane and managed to demand 98mbs of ram right out of the box while still being able to do everything you'd need.

What happened to this concept and why are there no stripped W10s?

>turn computer on
>this plays youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

I played a while on Elysium , drops there and there but it's definitely playable , not pvp of course but if everything is set on low it's more or less smooth , on wine it's not playable at all (the main screen lag) and yes I tried opengl better yes (without it was probably less then 1 fps)

Rimworld yeah probably not

Not sure how poor you are exactly but have a lookout for "old" office computers the companies get rid of.
You can usually get a computer at least twice as good as yours for about 50 bucks. It may even be able to run Win7

Just install w7 and debloat it. Or, if you really struggle for resources while gaming use XP but don't ever connect it to internet. And use Linux for everything else. You can't make using a potato PC a good experience. XP is very vulnerable, w7 is too heavy, Linux will drop performance on WINE games on hardware that old.

Third world so it's not really possible , and computers are very expensive here

I'll dual boot a distro with xp but I actually need an internet connexion (online games)
Is xp that vulnerable ? I won't install .exe music I swear
Anywau I'll see with posready updates or posready itself if I manage to download it

XP is still vulnerable to bots

Bots ? What bots ?

Programs that try to exploit vulnerabilites on your machine over the Internet

why do you give a shit about security on XP, people already forgot about it.

littrely nothing will happen i dont see the paranoia people have here, unles you have 1000bitcoin on it,what cant they do to you that you cant fix with simple reinstal

someone give me the wallpaper

o no

Installing an os always give me a headache

> What's a VS?

your whole cpu+board+cooler+ram is worth less than £20.

why not grab a core 2 quad bundle for £30 or so and drop it in?

>NOT USING Gold Xp by Muhamed Sadeem of computer worm corporation

its like you have shit taste and aren't even trying OP

Why not using stock SP3?

>GOLD XP
>by Muhammad Sadeem
>Computer Worm Corporation
You know it might be legit