Inb4 kys

Help me to install ubuntu, talk to me step by step like to the retarded person that i am. I want to place my system on that free space left.
Problems:
>cant create more partitions than 4 (for swap,root,tmp etc)
No i cant whipe other partitions that are created

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/search/?tags=-1&os=linux
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Basically linux is absolute fucking dogshit

Also remember:
>no games

you want to dual boot? you first have to shrink your partition on windows. google dual booting ubuntu with windows. also, i wouldn't recommend doing this because you will most likely fuck up. i know i did when i first started. you should find a beater pc and install ubuntu on that.

There is no windows on that disk

>what are logical volumes

>500gb ntfs
who are you kidding

You only need 1 partition faggot. You dont need a partition for every directory.

You need to trust me on this if you know shit.

As says you can make logical volumes instead of physical ones to get past the 4 limit. Or just don't create multiple separate partitions for Loonix. Unless you know you have a specific need for them, you don't.

So how excactly i need proceed with that free space left

Just create one partition and use it for /. That will be your 4th.

Im good now?

im good, thx /g for nothing
except
this guy

You only need a root parition.

>he fell for the loonix meme

Thats what I've been telling this dumb faggot all along but he wont listen. Just does this

Unless you rotate the images you can go kys.

it'd help if you spelled out why you wanted to partition your shit like a retard, foreigner

grasping idiocy without context is hard enough

Unity is dog shit. If you're into gtk, consider installing Ubuntu MATE instead, that was my first Linux system, can't say it was a bad experience.

It's not the fault of Linux, MBR disks can only have up to 4 primary partitions, regardless of OS. You can divide a primary partition into as many logical partitions though, or use GPT if you have support for it, but you still shouldn't do that, because creating a partition for every directory is useless.

> My opinion on this highly subjective topic is fact and you should alter your behaviour to fit it

Making a separate partition of /var or /tmp serves very specific purposes. You don't sound like someone who would need that.
If you're using UEFI, make /boot a EFI partition.
If you don't understand what I'm talking about, read the first part of the Gentoo Handbook, it explains partitioning in detail.

That's called a recommendation. And it's not "highly subjective", there are objective characteristics, like performance, stability, etc.
You sound like typical gnomosexual.

You have a 1TB HDD, switch to GPT.
Unless you have something you haven't backed up on that NTFS partition.

>Being so extremely, utterly, horribly retarded that you can't install ubuntu.
god I'd like to see you trying to install arch

>consider installing Ubuntu MATE instead, that was my first Linux system
>implying that Ubuntu MATE is a linux system
it's a DE running on ubuntu to be correct

Buy a used SSD for fifty bucks or so and install ubuntu on it. Keep your windows and linux installations separate. Use rufus on an usb with ubuntu and install it. That's it.

>>implying that Ubuntu MATE is a linux system
>it's a DE running on ubuntu to be correct
Ubuntu MATE is what people call Ubuntu, that uses MATE as its default DE.
You're like one of those faggots, who keep correcting everyone calling GNU/Linux-based operating systems just "Linux", except unlike they you're wrong.

*unlike them

Uh, fuck you.

Most 7+ year-old games haven't been ported and will never be. Some of the Linux ports are inferior to the original Windows versions. A lot of new games aren't being ported, the Japanese are the most hesitant, they don't even port on Mac.

> no games = alot of games, just not the ones i like

It wasn't me, who said "no games", also that poster was clearly joking. Maybe you were joking too, sorry I still find it hard to operate on multiple layers of irony.

>MUH GAMES
I wonder what its like to be a 12 year old faggot

Resize/delete partitions until there's some blank space, then use the autopartitioner on that partitioned space.
It's much easier to have stuff installed on separate drives though.

Sup Forums 4D chess

Then why are you setting partitions manually? Just let it in auto mode, it creates the required partitions for you.

store.steampowered.com/search/?tags=-1&os=linux

That's not me ( posted the screnshot), I was joking. I do about anyone else. Fuckin shitpostception