Can't find job in Seattle

I graduated from a small university in Seattle metro with a CS degree. I had no internships but do have several side projects and an above average GPA. I've been looking for an entry level position around the Seattle metro for 4 months now and becoming hopeless.

I don't know if it is just because of me or Seattle junior positions are becoming too competitive. I applied everywhere, small, medium, and big companies. Got only several interviews and no offer. I also got my resume feedback several times already.

What should I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailycodingproblem.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sup Forums - Wageslavery

They're only hiring Indians and brogrammers.

You missed the boat but you can keep trying if you want. Try to get a job in some other city, get six months of experience at that job then try getting a programmer job in Seattle.

Try being yourself.
t. just miserably failed an interview

No idea. I have been applying to jobs in Seattle with little luck. Have you tried going to any tech meet ups? Connections are the easiest way to get in. Have my current job only cause a friend recommended me.

I hire people, I might be able to give you some advice.
Do you look or act autistic in any way?
Do you have a github or public portfolio of projects?
Do you have a Linkdin?
What kind of level position did you apply for (junior, senior, etc)?

Don't focus just on hard technical skills, you also need to be pleasant to work with

Lol you either go to UoC or MIT for CS, or you don't. Tough luck, work on projects on GitHub by RedHat and try to get hired. Avoid working on Indian/Chinese projects.

/adv/ is filled with middle-aged married women, not only wouldn't they be able to give appropriate advice, but most of their advice is banal and inane

I'm not trying to get a job in Seattle just because, there are legitimate reasons for me to be in this town

Did you apply for a pro/g/ramming job in Seattle?

I tried meetups but it all feels forced and artificial

>i had no internships

did you just masturbate every summer?
at a public state university I got a comfy 23$/hr internship for java development my freshman year.

I got a second world country CS degree and I'm working remotley for a company in seattle

maybe you should start working on something you lazy faggot

So what do you do now?

I got a comfy job in Texas, so consider out of state positions?

Seattle is a shit town that's being flushed further into the shitter by the day because of leftists. If you aren't one, leave. If you are, stay there and suffer. Enjoy the mandatory minimum wage.

Which city in Texas do you work?

Austin, but Houston is the bigger market.
I moved to Austin from New York, best thing I ever did.

I understand. It sucks to live in rural america. I grew up there and left. Seattle is great.

You did several interviews and didn't get any offers?

You gotta get good at interviews. Practice doing an interview programming question every day and you'll eventually rock your interview. Get the plus membership for DCP, it's the highest ROI purchase I ever made. Got offers from Google and FB with no previous exp, starting at Google after I graduate next year, 250k comp.

dailycodingproblem.com/

Thank you

you should move to bangalore

I got an interview with Google for an internship, just signed up for the free plan. Pray 4 me

I will

Good luck brethren.

I've been having bad luck in Seattle as well. I fear it's partially because my github is less of a portfolio and more of a workbench for my personal projects and I don't regularly commit for the sake of committing.

>graduating without an internship
Uh did you ever plan on getting a job while in college?

I work at a downtown tech company (kitty corner from Uwajimaya) and we are always hiring. If you know shit about networking it would be a good place to apply for at the least experience. Study your subnet table.

Not true. GPA can make up for that.

Try some certifications.

Pic related
Fuck Seattle

Make your own way, ya penis.

Fuck, this is where I'm going to be in 6 months when I graduate. Even worse, my degree isn't directly in CS, so I'm already at a disadvantage.

move to bangalore

Pretty much this. I was in a few interviews as a interviewer. After each interview i discussed skills. My coworkers looked at me funny. All they cared about is how much you liked the person. I was very surprised that is all it really comes to. Also I know this sounds counteractive. Do not be too casual in interviews. Don't try to be "funny".

Jesus Christ user, you have the biggest tech firms outside silicon valley. Hit up linkedin, hit up some happy hours with managers, network you worthless twat.

No experience? Time to work tech support. Only difference between you and the other bottom dwellers is that you actually have the chance to move up.

why are they only hiring Indians

'Cause you can hire 3 for the price of 1 white guy.

>tfw too nervous to apply for internships and feel like there's no way to have enough time for homework and hometime AND internships
help

How hard is to get a job in Los Angeles, and Salt lake?

You aspire to be a slave yet worry about free time?

Contact Teksystems. There should be a contract open right now where I'm at.

'Cause maybe you were too fuckin' dumb to prepare and apply for internships your junior year, maybe too busy playing videogames or otherwise doing a CS degree not because you wanted to but maybe because it was the path of least resistance. And now you don't even realize that you're fucked, that you needed to differentiate yourself while in college, get an internship, and then get a full time offer from the company you interned at. But you're fucked and recruiters can scan linked in for people who got one or multiple internships (like me) and work at good companies (like me). But yeah, feel free to blame indians because you never have actually worked a day in your life and nobody would hire your lazy ass because it is pretty obvious that you think you're entitled to a paycheck and not that a paycheck is something you exchange your labor for. FYI I'm white and I get to hear about the difficult lives all of these "pajeets" have led and how hard they worked to get even just a decent job. So...the advice part? Go back to school. Try to get an internship while getting a masters degree even if it is at SPU or wherever the fuck you went. Don't fuck it up this time.

savage

dunno about LA but SL and the surrounding area has been going crazy for programmers, should be easy to land a job. Probably wont get any heavy hitter jobs but something in the 60-100k area is easy to find here

Should have just done an internship, if you're competent it's the easiest way to get your first job.

go into the forest and do some illegal logging and carpentry, you will be more successful