youtube.com/watch?v=4MycEcQOSzc
kde.org/stuff/clipart.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Xfce

Neither. I'm a tiling wm faggot.

I use my own.

openbox + compton

bspwm

Neither, I use Xfce. But if I had to choose between those two, I'd go with KDE.

Gnome, I don't really care about customising my DE anymore and the super key to search for software / switch between open programs is nice.
KDE has been too buggy since the first time I tried it >10 years ago.

Gnome. I'm not an autist who pretends to need features I'll never use. I also own a modern computer, So I don't care about bloat like a neckbeard.

>the "KDE is too buggy because I used it once 100 years ago" meme

fugg meant for

"being full of animations and transparency" is a bug

obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=O4kWd5WaVIQ

The old Debian Squeeze Crunchbang was my entry drug into minimal setups. Used KDE before (mainly). I "graduated" to net install and i3 and used this for some years with all the stupid shit. Nowadays I just use Debian testing with Gnome on my secondary laptop and call it a day, while using a MBP as main laptop. I don't bother anymore, using pretty much the gnome standard apps (+ mpv).

I have tried it a few times since and it's still been a buggy mess.

I3 > XFCE/MATE > Cinnamon > KDE > LXDE > everything else > Gnome

KDE.

KDE because it's the only DE that comes with the shit I expect.

>KDE
>it has a good paint software
>its toolkit is better to develop for

kde. Been thinking about trying the bunsen labs distro/edition though, so that could change.

KDE, Gnome and the GTK mess can't even compete at this point, not even with a company like Red Hat backing them.

Long time GNOME user, I am using Xfce on a netbook, but if I had a desktop PC I'd go for Xfce as well.

I've given KDE a serious go a few times over the last 5 years and every single time I've given up because shit just doesn't work right.

For all the shilling they get about polish and stability I'm amazed at how my extremely common hardware configuration (Int*l + Nv*dia) just can't run KDE without glitching out at the most basic tasks.
> Open 3D application, compositor crashes
> Plug monitor into laptop, plasma crashes
> Nepomuk or whatever it's called now has never not been a slow, bloaty POS no matter how much the devs say it's not
> Change alt+tab switcher to large icons and now alt+tab is half big, half small icons

It's so annoying because it's like they just don't take the time to do QA because they've spent the last 20 years fitting the kitchen sink into KDE n, then throwing all that away and re-implementing the kitchen sink from scratch in KDE n+1

You can say exactly the same about every DE, even Mac's DE so your "rant" really doesn't mean shit.
Plus my experience has been quite the opposite, bear in mind I'm using Neon so I always have the lastest stable release.

> You can say exactly the same about every DE, even Mac's DE
You can't. In Mac's DE there's nothing to crash, it just werks.

Tried kubuntu on both my desktop (lmaocord2duo q9550, 8gb ddr2 ram, rx480...yea a bunch of random shit cobbled together) and my laptop (sony vaio pro 13), and haven't had issues tbqhwyfamalamadingdong.

EGGZ RUUNING LOONIX?!?!?

cinnamon. its comfy

Do a survey op
KDE btw

youtube.com/watch?v=4MycEcQOSzc
Pathetic.

Windows

Gnome. I don't love it but it works. KDE was too clunky for me. The others are too fiddly.

KDE because I like to beat indigents on the street.
That and because "it just works".

>OS
Gentoo
>DE/WM
Enlightenment
>Video/Music player
Enlightenment
>Image viewer
Enlightenment
>File Manager
Enlightenment
>Text Editor
Enlightenment
>Shell
Enlightenment
>Terminal
Enlightenment

gnome just werks for me

>"does Sup Forums uses"
kill yourself

KDE vs XFCE+Compton would make more sense

Gnome cannot be compared to KDE anymore, there more RAM usage difference between them than between KDE and XFCE.
I take my numbers from an Ubuntu 16.10, 8g RAM, Intel GPU and CPU, on startup, I collected them the last time I was DE-hopping :

Gnome : ~1.2gb
KDE : ~700mb
XFCE with Compton : ~400mb

So you see KDE cannot be seen anymore as a heavy DE since Gnome just wrek him on this.

:D

>KDE
it's like Windows 7 except designed better. KDE applications are some of the best graphical applications for Linux. It's buggy though.
>GNOME
I've never used gnome because it has a hard dependency on SystemD that not even Gentoo has a patchset for.

Every gnome program I've used is cancer though.
>XFCE
it's not flashy, but it's customizable to the point where you could do anything you want with it.

Thunar sucks and I can't browse pictures via the CLI though.

Windowns 7 and 10 is like kDE

it's not nearly as ugly as windows 10

Why does KDE still have such a trash logo.

KDE is by far the worst desktop environment. It's the most bloated and resource intensive.

nope it's gnome

Op posted the old logo
kde.org/stuff/clipart.php

>a screw for functionality
>a k for kool

It's the best logo

I use XFCE with I3WM+Meme Spacing. I also installed compton, and feh for composting and background.

Forgot to post the cap because I'm retarded.

is changing your sound output still retarded on KDE?

>tried out KDE on my laptop again sometime ago
>wanted to watch a video from it on my TV
>plugged in the HDMI cable and then had to dig deep into the settings and go down a huge droplist list showing every sound output possible, scanning through it until I found "HDMI out"

On Budgie, for instance, you just open the sidebar and i'll let you switch to HDMI sound output right there super easy.

still 5.10

Literally this, if I have 16GB of RAM so I only use 25% at most anyway so if my wm/de takes 100mb vs 3gb it doesn't really matter for me

Also GNOME looks great and takes about 1GB of ram for me on average

Zorin uses Gnome, so gnome, no problems at all , beautiful and works on my desktop and T430

that is quite nice

Gnome, Unity, or the command line

Window Maker

gnome

it just werks

and kde doesnt

Why? Old hardware?

I use xubuntu on my 8 year old netbook. It's actually fairly snappy.

XFCE >>>

KDE, clearly the better DE.
Krunner is a good way to interact with the desktop and you can't really get that on other desktops.
I don't like the gnome mentality that users needs protection from the big scary computer they are using. If there is a bug, it should be fixed, you don't just remove the feature.

Gnome with extensions to make it more Unity-like
Would use XFCE if it was usable with memeDPI displays

It's ugly alright.

>Kuuro
Mah nigga

Kill yourself satanist piece of shit

rm -rf /

dumping computer into a trashcan

suicide

KDE, because GTK is shit.

/thread

If I were to pick from that, KDE, I can't stand GNOME's laggy animations

XFCE could look pretty good if you know what to do

nah, it just looks better (simpler, cleaner) and I have to fight it less.

KDE3.