Windows 10 LTSB the decent way

Friendly guide for people that want to jump to W10 before 2020 and keep it the closest to W7 in a less retarded way than the guy that just pasted some reddit crap

Google + DL en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483.iso

After installation use KMS to activate it, then reboot.

After first reboot let it download security updates and other crap through Windows Update.

. Go to “Privacy” settings of Windows 10 and disable EVERYTHING there, then click on search icon in the left down corner near Start Menu icon and make sure to disable search history there, open Windows Defender and disable: Cloud-based protection & Automatic sample submission; you can also install different antivirus later on if you wish.

Download WPD from getwpd.com/ and use it to disable additional Telemetry/Spying garbage, DON’T USE Spybot Anti-Beacon, O&O ShutUp10 and other privacy tools, all of those are not fully compatible with Enterprise LTSB 2016 edition of Windows 10, only WPD is.

You can use classic shell or pirate StartIsBack++ to restore your start menu and hide the search crap

Have fun

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services
catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4053579
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thanks /reddit/

Np, upvote and follow

>hurr durr everything new is EVIL and you should disable it without even trying it

go to bed grandpa

>wpd
>no link to source
>contact is a discord server
>"our team" links to steam profiles

>what is virustotal

>virustotal will change the fact that there is no source available and that the developers are literal children

>no malware
>werks

What is your fucking point?

>using a closed source program to configure a controversial component of a closed source operating system
Why the fuck would I want yet another layer of "I hope it does what it claims it does"?

Why would I use WPD over this?
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

You can use whateverfuck you want, blocking anything over security settings is mostly placebo anyways, that thing is mostly to disable one drive in ez ways

literally nothing in the privacy section is of any use though

>Using the grandpa argument
>In 2017

Which KMS should be used?
KMSpico won't work with LTSB.

ms toolkit

>literally being offended you're being called out for being an ancient fuck

Shutup 10 works fine with LTSB. Also if any user is planning to do this i'd REALLY RECOMMEND downloading the 1.2 freaking gigabyte december rollup for 1607 and install it before you connect to the internet. Turn system protection off before you install that shit as well.

>not just waiting for 2019 edition
>not just staying on 7 until then
>LITERALLY wasting your time with early horrendous builds of 10
TRULY FUCKED UP

Kmspico 10.2 works fine with LTSB.

>being this afraid of learning GNU/Linux
embarrassing

>"learning" (more like copying and pasting random shit when everything breaks, as it does on linux) a new OS just to browse the web
embarrassing linux fans

Learning linux will let me use real software for work or actual video games?

Yeah, no

No 1607 available, just 1507 available for download.
Noob question time:
What's the difference? Isn't 1507 meant for 2015 LTSB? And I presume that it will work on the 2016 LTSB version?

2016 LTSB is build 1607. See here for the December rollup:

catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4053579

>Have fun thinking that you've stopped the telemetry after all that bullshit because you really haven't, it's simply not possible but you can run Windows 7 without telemetry in a much easier and vastly less complicated manner and get better performance and better compatibility with pretty much anything without the bullshit of each rolling Windows 10 release that constantly breaks new shit while removing useful things that users come to depend on in many respects because Microsoft is fucking gone full retard for years now and will never come back from it.

FTFY

haven't found anything of that sort when I searched for it.
thanks for the help, user.

gaynen on desktop and linux on laptop

I'm not going to bother with wine or gpu passthrough

>>Sup Forums

>implying linuxtards actually read the source code of their OS before installing it

Chromium is open source too and yet everyone is crying -"botnet" even though they could check the code and compile it themselves if they actually bothered.

But don't mention it, freetards are just as retarded as winbabbies, except for their great opinion about themselves for being "advanced" compooter users.

user, please. You act as if it's not possible to monitor what a computer is doing at the network level.

>Chromium is open source too and yet everyone is crying -"botnet"
Why do you think iridium and ungoogled chromium exist?
People did read the source code and decided that it's a botnet.

you posted this yesterday and it's still as pointless as it was then. this guide isn't even close to comprehensive and youre spreading misinformation by implying that you can stop the telemetry from within the OS itself.

>than the guy that just pasted some reddit crap
I've seen better reddit guides than this one

can i use my regular windows cd key with ltsb?

>hurr durr everything new is GREAT and you should ignore all the reports telling you how bad it is

go to bed kid

Better or worse than win 8.1?
Would really like to get a non cygwin shell

I will keep 7 for now but I guess 2019 LTSB will finally be where I switch, W7 updates come with telemetry shit fot almost 2 years anyways

Way better

Not him, but I agree with him. I am 21. Windows 10 is a pile of shit.

Anyone got LTSB vs 1709 benchmarks?

how benchmark opertating system?

I can't be bothered to do it myself

They are literally the fucking same, retard

>oretating

>oretating

ertabating

what is that start menu?

What about reading the post you retarded piece of fucking shit

no shit nigger, i want to know which of the 2 is being used

Except people don't trust either of those. Proving his point.

The concern with ungoogled forks is that they are slow to receive security updates. Not that they are also botnet.

>pipo ! pipo !

>isis terrorist busted was using skype
>the evil evil botnet was unable to even leak them
>subhuman fosstards think someone give a fuck about their retarded info

>can't google and deduce which one it is
>has to be spoonfed

Neck yourself inbred.