Hi

Hi

Recommend me a distro

Requirements:
-easy to install
-not simple and sugarcoated for me to not learn anything about Linux, but not Gentoo tier
-can be dualbooted with Win10 uefi
-lightweight, not blooted

Other urls found in this thread:

ibiblio.org/refracta/
pureos.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fedora

Xubuntu

Isn't it bloated? I intend to replace Gnome if I were to install fedora anyways with another DE or WM, but I thought fedora was considered a bloated distro?

I used Kubuntu for a long time, and I don't feel that I want to keep using Ubuntu products. Something new.

>not simple and sugarcoated for me to not learn anything about Linux
You can learn about linux on sugarcoated systems just as well, you just don't have to.

Stop distro hopping, they're all the fucking same.

If by uefi, you mean with secure boot left enabled, you're limited to fedora, ?buntu, or linuxmint.

Debian net install. A lot of us use it because its minimal but still has compatibility out the ass.

unironically sounds like you want void user

This. Debian netinst is unironically the best distro if you care about ease of use, customizability and minimalism.
Makes for a great daily driver.

>daily driver
Hello plebbit.

void

Lubuntu?

I don't mind disabling secure boot, useless anyways

unironically? Is void a meme?

I will take a look

>Refracta
ibiblio.org/refracta/

0.01% Bloat
99.99% Awesome

Your OP screams Debian.

>Recommend me a distro
Slackware.

>Requirements:
>-easy to install
Defaults are to just stick the entire thing on your computer.

>-not simple and sugarcoated for me to not learn anything about Linux,
Everything is configured through text files, but those files are all well-commented.

Also, the community is small enough to be friendly and not filled with jerks.

>but not Gentoo tier
Slackware is not Gentoo.

>-can be dualbooted with Win10 uefi
Yeah, most likely.

>-lightweight, not blooted
Slackware is all just files on a hard drive.

You can comment out the shit you don't want in the scripts that load on boot, or simply chmod -x the entire script.

Like, if you install pulseaudio, to disable it completely on boot just requires chmod -x, and you're done.

Also, keep in mind people who shit on Slackware are those gigantic faggots who distrohop like little bitches, and end up on Ubuntu.

Mint Mate. Stable, quick, just werks. I'm on it right nao

debian netinst. literally the distro-hopper killer. It's that good.

Antergos

Get whindoze gatecuck faggot.

Debian netinstall, I run it on my desktop.

If you don't want systemd (for whatever reason) get Void. I use that on my laptop.

manjaro

XFCE is a decent starting DE for a new system, so try Manjaro XFCE. You can always opt for a WM like i3, bspwm, etc. later and Manjaro (if I'm not mistaking it with another one) is the one based on Arch

Guys, I think this poster is trying to tell us something. If only he could spell...

Fedora, if you don't want gnome use the xfce spin or something. It's used by people with actual jobs who don't have time to rice their desktop.

There's really only a need for one distro for this whole planet and it's Debian.

What is compatible with Ubuntu is compatible with Debian ?

easy way:
go for xubuntu and just use it daily.

If you really want to learn you'll dig in and you'll learn over time.

otherwise, go arch and prepare for fun. if you know absolutely nothing you may want to read a few primers on how linux is organized and a step by step guide.

Arch is great.

There's nothing in arch or gentoo you can't learn just as easily on Debian or ubuntu senpai

There's no such thing as sugarcoated Linux, and Ubuntu based distributions are great.

archbang
voidbang
star linux

I just switched to PureOS.
pureos.net/
I edit videos/photos a ton, so distros that use the screen shredder, x.org, just don't do it for me.
PureOS seems to be the most polished distro with the Wayland display manager out of the box. PureOS uses the Gnome window manager by default but because it's not retarded I easily switched to Sway, which is just the i3 window manager except compatible with Wayland.
So far, Pure is my favorite

One man one jaro

Fedora but dont use gnome