Why are Americans so inept at building?

Why are Americans so inept at building?

An african mud hut is more aesthetic than their cardboard mcmansions

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/10/21/one-google-engineers-humble-abode-is-a-box-truck-parked-at-company-headquarters/?utm_term=.b704cdc9b3c5
mcmansionhell.com/post/148605513816/mcmansions-101-what-makes-a-mcmansion-bad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because we actually have space to use

Because they're mutts trying too hard to be white.

We can build just fine, but most idiots here are all about quantity over quality, and only really care about the appearance (very shitty attempts mostly) of nice things, rather than actually having nice things. Compound that with greedy/sketchy contractors and developers trying to build massive amounts of shit as quickly and cheaply and possible to flip and make (((money))).

So you get your pic.

tl;dr retarded consumer culture

>Living in a stationary construct

The true American way is living in a mobile construct.

Live in a van in the parking lot of your employer. Use their showers and other free provisions to minimise personal costs.

If you don't have a van you can use your car. If you don't have an employer you can use gym / public showers, mall toilets.

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/10/21/one-google-engineers-humble-abode-is-a-box-truck-parked-at-company-headquarters/?utm_term=.b704cdc9b3c5

A lot of these "mansions" are made for renting. Or just built to increase value of land.

shut up mutthut

mcmansions are fucking low IQ

Why not get a bulldozer and knock it down? Or call for fire from heaven, to send a meteorite to destroy it?

Because it doesn't matter what the actual quality of the structure is. Square footage + good location = more $.

Look at "luxury" cars. Same shit. Nearly all of them are made in Mexico and have faux exhaust tips.

Wouldn't you use a steam roller to flatten it?

I don't understand why anyone would want a big house with a big lawn. It is a waste of your own time to be cleaning, gardening, and performing other maintenance works.
Give me a small two floor home. Even a small mobile home that I can park in any carpark.
But noooo, Americans have to be memed into wanting dumb extravagant shit by sneaky jews.

>complain about american buildings
>posts one bad house

he's shitposting for warmth due to living in a poorly insulated and constructed concrete apartment complex

looks like it would be comfortable

sent from my tiny apartment

>Why are Americans so inept at building?
kek

you're fucking not funny
i hope you choke on your next meal
and then you can remember this

Because most american "architects" are a bunch of inept retarded kids with no experience or artistic ability
Watch them put a spiral staircase that cannot actually be built feasibly into every single one of their plans

Why are amerifags such sensitive little faggots about 9/11? It happened 16 years ago four fucks sake, you can stop crying about it you fucking babies

die in a terrorist attack

That price isn't just for the house, but the quality of area you're in, the space, an so on.

t. the retard that posted in the wrong thread and cant navigate the american website properly

>t is a waste of your own time to be cleaning, gardening, and performing other maintenance works.
The only 'gardening' you have to do is cut the grass and maybe trim whatever bushes you have. takes less than an hour.

why? because it's just the American tradition to own a large plot of land.

Because aren't we supposed to remember it or something? And go buy little flag stickers and stuff? Isn't that what our mediaopolistic overlords want us to do on November 9th? Isn't that 9/11?

I wish I did
So I clicked on the wrong tab, oops
agreed that DD/MM/YYYY is the superior format

>only 3 car garbage
who the fuck owns 4 cars?
Sounds to me like OP is jealous

It all depends on who the property developer is and what quality materials are appropriate for his budget. OPs pic is of a fundamentally flawed design from probably a shit architect. I can’t speak to confidently personally, but my friend is an architecture student at a top school and my dad is a property dev. I’ve seen enough from them to suggest that there’s some good design in this country

>daily + weekend
>wife
>lol garage is full, tell your kid to fuck off and park on the curb every day
>god forbid you have more than 1 kid
3 car garages are fucking shit and it's ridiculous richfags deal with this. It's still prevalent in the 1-2 mil zone and you have 0 extra space.
Even people making 50k a year have a daily + weekend car

>Not having 1 car for each day of the week

>Not having 1 car for each day of the year

You meme but even thats ridiculous
Owning 7 cars is not as insane as it would seem
But good luck housing it, you'd need your own estate and to build a separate building yourself
Which is now entering the 5 mil zone

Leaving this here. mcmansionhell.com/post/148605513816/mcmansions-101-what-makes-a-mcmansion-bad

Wow, so it's a fuckin McMansion.

Besides that you act like everyone lives in one.

But I guess you could do better, one way or another right?

I own 5

>Even people making 50k a year have a daily + weekend car
I've never heard of this.
My dad makes 80k and we've only had 2 cars, my mom and my dad's.

What's the point of only driving a car on the weekend? Are you telling me the average middle income family is so spoiled and entitled that they need to pay 20k for an entirely separate car JUST to show off? What in the fuck world do you live in. That shit pisses me off. You aren't a celebrity.

Wtf? 5 mil zone? Just get a big piece of property and build a seperate garage. People where I live do this shit in their 5+ acre lands. It's just a big shed.

McMansions are only really in newer outer-ring suburbs. Most Americans live in full brick homes.

>owning a car
are you fat?

This shit always bugged me. These houses are plastered with a clusterfuck of fake pillars and balconies. There's houses that try to pretend that they're a cottage with plastic wood textured panels. It's weird and ugly to mimic European architecture.

Enjoy your mud house and aids. :^)

Weekend cars aren't for showing off, they're for fun. My weekend car is a 1983 rx7. It doesn't turn heads, but it's fun to drive.

I like McMansions.

no, for fun you dipshit
are you so underage you dont understand what a hobby outside of shitposting on Sup Forums is?

Someone post mud huts.

the symmetry of this is astounding. breathtaking. just absolutely beautiful.

Looks like Pee Wee's playhouse

>no chimney cap
california insurance wont cover any fire damage to that home.

>they're for fun.
>driving
>fun
>dealing with traffic, road rage and morons on the road
>takes pleasure in having a separate car specifically for engaging in this activity on the weekends

your idea of fun is shit.

>driving on the road
>with other people
kek

>dealing with traffic, road rage and morons on the road.
Nigger it's not like you go commuting on the weekend for fun. You go somewhere where there's not a billion people.

who here bricks master race

even if it was some rural mountainous road with 0 cars, that still seems like a complete waste of gas.(also boring as fuck)

Yeah.

My dad did have a convertible that he only drove in the summer. But when it was summer that's all new drove.

>All Americans live in shitty mansions
Why are (You)ropeans so stupid that they can't get a grasp of reality

Yes, I'm sure driving on a linear road looking at all the that road and mountain is plenty of fun.

Do you like NASCAR too?
Boy, cars sure do go fast!

/o/ reporting in. I live on a farm and traffic doesn't exist here. I could even go to a track with my weekend car.

>ricing your desktop
>installing gentoo
>compiling from source
>reading man pages
>vidya
your idea of fun is shit. (i do these things too but you need to learn how to appreciate other people's hobbies)

you don't know the meaning of fun then, user

>giving you's to an underage retard

hurr durr im american and every time a tornado comes it blows my house away T_T

>complete waste of gas
enviro cuck detected lmao

Don't know what you're talking about. Any decent house is built with bricks.

A tornado wouldn't do shit.

>mfw 99% of the country is unaffected by tornadoes because we're not in the middle of a prairie with no streams or anything nearby to divert it

>mfw a tornado dropped down a mile from my house and a small creek diverted it into the middle of nowhere

so why everytime i see news of americans begging for money because their house is no more?

>ricing your desktop
>installing gentoo
>compiling from source
>reading man pages
>vidya
I don't do those either.
I have actual productive, engaging hobbies, not mindlessly driving on an empty road looking at rainbows and shit.

>all this waste around the house
>what the fuck is even going on with the roof tiles
>none of pic related
>columns stacked on top of each other, ready to topple with any amount of wind
That's a shit house. Brick is better, but your example is pure shit.

>posts on Sup Forums criticizing other people over a topic not even related to the OP of the thread he's posting in

>I have actual productive, engaging hobbies

kill yourself

>Brick is better
>Not living in solid steel house

you forgot
>no rebar
>hollow bricks
>no back filling

t. mason

Like what are you even doing?

>Oh I'm just drivin~
For what..purpose. You're fucking retarded lmao go home

>facebook filename
yea checks out

What is rebar? What is back filling?

Where can I learn more of these things?

its an /o/ meme that people just drive around aimlessly

just like its Sup Forums meme that people go to movies alone for the 'experience'

this, minus the >vidya
hey, I need a way to pass the time while my fucking Chrysler© peice of shit breaks down every week

go to diy fagget

>me like goin real fast
>much fun
>many colors n rocks

I don't know much about technical construction terms for the english language. But, yes, it's missing a lot. This is a house I expect some high school drop-out, who worked at one or two construction sites in their life, to build alone.

Become a construction technician.

I mean, not really, but if you just want the knowledge, it's one way to get it.

American culture concentrate too much on quantity over quality.

Those houses probably had roof damage in combination with large obstacles being thrown at it. (Or they weren't brick homes to begin with) Nothing will withstand a 1ton car being tossed at it at 70MPH+. Of course those tornados are very rare

so how does that house get properly insulated. do they add another inner wall?

>What's the point of only driving a car on the weekend?
People have been saying for fun, but the real utility is having a second car incase the first breaks down.
You have to start them both up periodically so driving the nicer one on weekends really just makes sense.