pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3052
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for first.

giv back! i first!!

Should I buy the regular HHKB or the Japanese version? It only costs £10 more.

buy regular and programming socks

What does /mkg/ think about shilling club's newest force curve?

whats the point of those curves?
explain

reminds me of those olds alps switches

>MK Fission RGB Acrylic White LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Brown Cherry MX)
is this keyboard good?

Honestly kinda excited to try jade and navy out. I have box white and pale blue and I think the heavier click bar might make them perfect.

this keyboard looks so sexy

Leopolds are great. I have an FC660m

yeah, too bad i already ordered the new ducky one 2 :(

Its literally a ducky with an acrylic side panel

that's good too. I like the skyline one

i ordered the horizion one, i like the navy blue, but def going to switch those orange cap off.

they come with extra keycaps of different colors if you don't like the accent colors

Keyboard just came in the mail. Reds are fine

I wish more manufacturers made "ivory" colour boards like that, pure black and pure white get so boring

>buy keycaps for $80
>priority mail shipping
>comes in a week
fuck

>Budget
$150
>Location
Canada
>Preferred switch type
I've only used Cherry MX Browns, but willing to try other quiet tactile switches
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
60%
>Backlight
Preferred, RGB not necessary
>Previous/current keyboards
CMStorm Quickfire TK
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
Corsair K70 RGB

Any recommendations?

Anne Pro

What's the point of using keycaps with kana if you're going to just ignore like 20 of them?
>imagine a japanese with a cowboy hat eating hamburgers with chopsticks being like "I'mu an amerikanu !!!"

I wish had more reasons to type. Any one else lacking motivation to code or play vidya? All these gorgeous boards just rotting away

should i buy for $100

banggood won't ship the anne pro I ordered on cyber monday.

no those switches are shit

romer g switches are garbage, better to buy a ducky or leopold for that price

don't listen to the other faggots. romer g switches are fine.

How good are Ducky's PBT keycaps? Wanna pick up a set of side-print PBT for my Das 4 Ultimate.

Probably gonna grab these: mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3052

>that ugly font
>that useless kana that you're never gonna use
>no spacebar
>THREE SHIFT KEYS
>no left right arrow keys
>no control, no alt
I don't give two shits what you tell me, this is the worst fucking keyboard I've seen on this board and that's saying something
I'd rather use a logitech plastic dome piece of garbage than this, this is insultingly bad.
You fucking hipsters need to go away. I don't know where. But you don't belong here.

I'm not defending all aspects of that layout. But there is some really cool shit you can do with custom keyboard programing with layers and different actions on press and hold.
The more I look into the options the more I'm thinking of getting a 40% keyboard.

Agreed, I love small keyboards but this is an awful example of one.

I'm assuming they just didn't have enough modifier keys of the correct sizes to fill that

Gamer here. Why do you guys like 10keyless

Liek you’re payig less for more... they’re usually the same price...

I never use the numpad. And the topre was worth it.

even as a gamer I've literally never used the keys anyway

my cutoff point is the numbers row, I can live without the function keys but anything more is cutting it

Daily reminder:
Mechanical Keyboards Are GAY!

wow thanks for the advice

spotted the gayboi

>Calls himself a gamer

>frogposting
Back to reeddittt/twitch newfriend

nevermind, it just showed up now at 10pm.
what in the hell.

would you guys make ufn of me if I got a k70?

I can't promise anything

>tfw keyboard came in Tuesday but fedex being fags gave the package to United States postal instead
>tfw PO box to small so they decided to hold on to the package and you have to go pick it up yourself
>tfw they didn’t know where the package was at
>tfw they finally found it and you have to go back tomorrow

we're going to make fun of you literally no matter what
kinda what happens on this site

As long as you’re enjoying you’re shit who cares, I was about to get thet too but anons on here told me to get a ducky

>gave it to USPS
That's just how Smartpost works dummy.

Never happens when I ordered off amazon tho

>Says "Gamer here"
>Tells ME to go to reddit

Not only do I flip my spacebar but sometimes the entire bottom row.
Only one of my four keyboards has a num pad.
I have a kana keyset and don't know japanese and have no interest in learning it
im going to buy another keyboard with no numpad for $230, buy a $110 aluminum case for it, $50 tiny pieces of plastic so i can put cherry keycaps on it and then put $100 kana keycaps on it(different than my other keycaps)
i hope this information bothers you

>got exposed for going to reddit
>now is seething
Lmao

What the fuck do I care on the various ways you shaft yourself and irresponsibly spend your money, you know it's dumb so what else do I have to tell you?

Three shift keys, no space bar?

Because they usually use UPS or a faster FedEx service. Smartpost is slower, 2-8 days IIRC.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info

that's enough pig

I think I've made a huge mistake

>tfw Assdrop delays your keyboard

>THREE SHIFT KEYS
do people here not know about function layer mapping? or are they just newfags?
here's a tip just because a keycap says something on it, it doesn't mean that's the function it will do

What guys think of this? Xiaomi mechanical keyboard with blue or red switch. It's so cheap.

Happens every time for me

>here's a tip just because a keycap says something on it, it doesn't mean that's the function it will do
Stop being poor and get proper keycaps. Or get blanks like anyone who isn't so fucking stupid that they actually need to look at their keyboard to type.

If you're opening a keyboard thread, you better not be a pleb. There's no excuse.

Id like no sugar with me coffee

>who isn't so fucking stupid that they actually need to look at their keyboard to type.
exactly who cares what the keycap says, as long as it fits on the stems its good.

Sorry I guess if there is a spoon it's because there is already

Stop. Being. Poor.

Mechanical keyboards is all about presentation. If you don't care how your keyboard looks then DON'T MAKE THREADS. This isn't your inclusive, everyone welcome, dicks out bullshit.

>about presentation
exactly so you want quirky and fun keyboards like in the op. why are you contradicting yourself tho? you cloud have a boring old keyboard, or one with a funky layout that draws attention and gets people talking about it.

No sugar tonight in my tea!

Taking a shit on a keyboard and using that as the OP would also draw attention and start discussion. That's not a good thing. Stop it already.

> sugar in tea

so then where are your keyboards? you cloud have posted them to prove a point, but the only thing you've done is make a fool of yourself.

what are some common problems that mechanical keyboards might have, it's my first time using a mechanical keyboard, and i wanna know just in case something goes wrong.

Key chatter, unless you get something good like topres or hall effect switches. Other then that it varies by brand. For example some cheap chinese keyboard will use shitty 3mm LEDs that die after a month, while another uses more durable SMD LEDs that last 5 years

It's a quote from a song

Awful argument, but sure, here's both of my keyboards.

noice

>tfw assdrop fucked up your infinity ergodox order

looks like any cheap chinkshit keyboard, keycaps and all.
Better off just buying a magicforce or something else memed at this point since the quality won't change between them all

It's what I thought before for xiaomi but I have a xiaomi phone and I don't think that anymore

>Budget
$130~
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
Mx reds
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
TKL
>Backlight
RGB pls
>Previous/current keyboards
Have a qckfire

Alright, I'm intrigued by mech keyboards, but I have a problem with obnoxiously loud keyboard typing. Do any retailers give dB levels for these shits or test for loudness or are they all really fucking loud?

Cherry silent switches are no louder than your average membrane

The Model M is pretty loud

>buying Cherry Soylent switches

are membrane keyboards that silent? my k120 was louder than my fc660m with dampener and o-ring

Guys I just wanted to thank you so much for helping me with my shift key issues, I checked it today after letting it dry overnight and it works again.

>average membrane

Got myself a HHKB Pro 2, now what? Any recommendations on keycaps?

It's pretty average

I've owned a Logitech mech. The switches were fine, but the keycaps were paper thin and I shit you not: like 10 of them broke within 3 months

How is the tactile bump on MX Browns compared to Romer G? My first tactile switches we're Romer G and I want a new keyboard.

Bump

Nice. I have a 1985 W. German SIG. How do you like your Exeter?

If you aren't using a full-sized keyboard in 2017.958, you're a fucking faggot.

I'm sorry to post this in /mkg/, but I hate killing threads. I'm currently using a DragonWar Desert Eagle keyboard. It's a gaming keyboard, but not an actual mechanical keyboard (feels right tho). Problem is Z key is stuck. I removed the key and some silicone bit doesn't go up by himself anymore. Can I repair it ?

>AZERTY
Why do you hurt yourself this way?