Am i the only one who think killing net neutrality is a good thing

am i the only one who think killing net neutrality is a good thing.
it will stop me wasting time on youtube, netflix, reddit, facebook, twitter, twitch etc.
and i can finally go back to chill in small online forum and irc like back in the days.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Vh2Bc9lYPo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verizon_Communications_Inc._v._FCC_(2014)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>youtube, netflix, reddit, facebook, twitter, twitch
Abolishing net neutrality will hurt these financially.
>small online forum and irc
Abolishing net neutrality will KILL these.

There will be no small websites once NN dies.
You won't be able to afford the kickbacks to every network operator just to have them serve your site at all.

Yeah, remember how small forums didn't exist until Obama ?

Fallacious argument, net neutrality laws existed before Obama's administration.

PSA Sitch did a comprehensive and entertaining video on this.

Don't be retarded.

But the NN rules put in by Obama are the only things getting reverted. So his point is valid.

Yes laws existed but no relevant ones you dip
And it pretty much is an incidental basis thing
>company does fucked up thing
>its fucked up
>therefor people hate it
>people include lawmakers
>fucked up thing is made illegal
>yey
As opposed to
>company might do fucked up thing
>lets let them have my dick
>SUCK SUCK SUCK
>OH YEA YOU LIKE THAT DONT YOU

its fucking bullshit

I really do hope they kill those sites. We don't need them.

and herein lies the point that literally nobody gives a shit about. they hear net neutrality and think omfg fastlanes but its _literally_ just the obama era rules.

fucking heathens.

The pre-Obama NN rules were struck down by a court in 2014. We are not going back to those, we're going somewhere very different.

>wants to keep immigrants out
>elects Indian immigrants' son to fuck everything up

Yes, you are the chosen one.
Fucking retard.

Do you even know what irc means?
I am a Retarded Cocksucker

YOU don't need them.

ITT: People who don't have basic interests and hobbies defend net neutrality because they think it will make their life better.
This is actually pretty fucking sad

so what
we need to get rid of these shitty obummer rules
anything is better than what he did

lol

this
Net Neutrality != net-neutrality

>>Do you even know what irc means?
internet relay chat
>>I am a Retarded Cocksucker
im so sorry

>mfw literally nothing happens
Shills fuck off

>this is the 759th time OP has started exact thread thinking he'd troll the shitlibs

Trump's America.
>trust nothing, and always take the opposing point of view

NN plebbitors are salty that hard-working companies have established scawy "monopolies" by providing excellent service and BTFOing the competition. Sorry bootlickers, the free market works.

>This individual has so little self control that he would rather be a boot licker to corporations to get him to stop.

Republicans ladies and gents.

gonna have to disagree with you there

>plebbit
Yeah your outdated tribalist buzzwords are so edgy
I bet you get triggered when someone says "normie"

Literally campaigned for a pedophile because the "fake news liberals" told him not to.

>get him to stop
Huh?
You're dumb as shit, Satan

Evil trips and the trumptard tears.

I'm Was trying to be lazily ironic, apologies

Ahhh shit nigga. Didn't even realize it. Hilarious. Don't apologize.

Thanks man, you seem like a cool guy

>I will benefit, therefore everyone will benefit.

What case?

Why won't they tell him to not jump off a bridge?

I am only a humble Sup Forums poster it is not fair for Sup Forums to take my board away from me

Seriously, pretty fucking selfish and narrow-minded, even if user is just trolling.

Can't wait to see nothing happen. And when something does happen, it be dealt by courts/market by themselves, without NN law(just like before when there were violations)

>PSA Sitch
It's a shame that he tries his hardest to drive people away from his videos with his awful attempts at "humor".

>dealt by courts/market by themselves
Don't expect much from them. US is fucked and some people still expect nice things to happen.

Oh I'm sorry, but IRC and small internet forums weren't included in your internet plan. You can only access reddit, facebook, and twitter.

No, the point is still misleading and wrong.

NN has been the way the Internet has always worked. We got by for a few decades without officially, formally, writing those rules into law. Then in the early 2000s ISPs started getting greedier and cooked up all sorts of fuckery they could inflict on consumers to make a bit extra profit.

THEN Obama's admin slapped down some of the most egregious money-grabbing scams the ISPs were doing or planning to do.

So losing those regs are a big deal. The ISPs have been frothing to implement all sorts of crazy shit that will make Internet today suck as much as cable TV in the 1990s...or cable TV today for that matter.

This meme of "NN didn't exist until 2015 so we'll be fine!" is fallacious. I suspect most people employing it know that and are not arguing in good faith.

t. P. Ajit

Big sites ate those up in the last decade and have drowned out discovery. This will have the potential to only accelerate their descent into obscurity and community death.

If the government wants to regulate telecommunications I'd like to see them slap down some better fucking infrastructure

>Then in the early 2000s ISPs started getting greedier and cooked up all sorts of fuckery they could inflict on consumers to make a bit extra profit.
And all that was dealt without having to resort net neutrality law. Everything was resolved just fine.

So, lower corporate taxes for Google to incentivise them to expand Fiber?

>And all that was dealt without having to resort net neutrality law.

No, it wasn't. Things got steadily worse until 2015 when the rules were put in place. They didn't go far enough, actually. Wireless ISPs are mostly exempt so they still get away with anti-small business practices like zero-rating the big companies who can afford to sign deals with the ISPs.

I'm in favor of small businesses, entrepreneurship, and experimentation by hobbyists and small communities. That's why I support NN.

Sure

Ok. You passed the test.

Yeah, the best way to create competition is to shift all the power from NBCUniversal to Alphabet Corp.Just like how shifting all the power from AT&T Corp to AT&T Inc. (formerly SBC and AT&T Corp) was so useful,

Google: "We're not evil, we swear!"

The government picks winners and losers all day. Isn't that the whole point of NN anyway? We want the government to pick Netflix over Comcast, because Comcast is fucking shit m8.

Bit the bait

Bit the bait

t. cuck

I just want to go explore an internet without all the memes and shitposting

Maybe it won't hurt the big sites. Some of these may become the bait offers ISP pay for to deny the other ISPs customers.

Normies with a choice will go to where fast facebook & youtube are, won't they?

youtube.com/watch?v=2Vh2Bc9lYPo

>net neutrality obliterated
>normies pay for amazon, facebook, twitter, reddit etc
>the rest return to usenet, etc
>big companies rule
>cyberpunk becomes a full reality
>everything is awesome

I think you are stretching the definition of net neutrality there. Hard to debate this shit when in everyones mind net neutrality means different things.

I don't think you should need a lawyer to run an isp. When you start putting in regulation on top of regulation, the last company standing is the largest one because they can afford the lawyers.

This hatred towards Obama reeks of indoctrination.

The world will not be a better place with more neckbeards lurking in basements.

>implying they wouldn't be lurking there anyway

keep crying liberal queer
day of the rope is soon

Nah, Alabama happened. Anyways, net neutrality was established under Bush administration.

To be honest most people will be better off without internet, it has done more harm to them than good.

That's dumb. Fox News and lack of education have done far worse than the greatest tool of communication and information archive ever have.

Twitter and Facebook together are single-handedly destroying America right now.

Might as well cut them both off at the knees.

Not really, Facebook and Twitter can pay their fees and prevent competition from having faster lanes than them. On top of that, its funny that you say that, since it makes me wonder if you think net neutrality was a Google conspiracy.

And this is why I'm not really worried. Those sites will never let themselves get blocked, there will be lawsuits out the ass.

>le cheeto man face

Are we gonna pretend Sean Hannity is not propaganda now? How about this to satisfy you guys, CNN doesn't report the news that's important but rather the news that will sell because to them, spreading the right information leads to less news which means less views. Are you guys satisfied?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verizon_Communications_Inc._v._FCC_(2014)
Now, IANAL but note that both throttling and **outright blocking** were allowed by the court.

What's your point? Not being hateful just genuinely curious

If you were having a previous discussion about Google, I wasn't a part of it, apologies.

I was just coattailing this thread with very non-savvy hyperbole.
My point was more in line with the very real truth that Russia used social media/the internet to fuck with American democracy, and that Trump uses social media/the internet to troll the American press out of existence on a daily basis now.

It would maybe be an "alright" outcome if the tool that allows those two things to occur just suddenly went away right now.

My point is pretending the internet has done any damage equivalent to what Fox News has done is a straight up lie.

My apologies, its rare to have somebody actually have a serious discussion on this that I misinterpreted your post. You're right.

If that shit about website packages is true this will benefit normalfags. The social media package plus the news package will probably be cheaper than whatever they're paying now.
People like us on the other hand will need to buy the overpriced"everything" plan.

What exactly has Fox News done?

I'm going to assume you're somebody in need of a discussion. I'm not going to pedal to you any of the bias Fox News has. I'm going to focus on how they portray news. CNN also does this, too. Politics is treated like a sport in modern culture. Nobody really cares about the details that probably only affect the lower half of the middle class. Liberals and conservatives lost this ability to sit down and compromise but treat politics like a goddamn election. Nobody criticizes their leaders. You fall in line and believe what you're told. Its just its much worse on the Conservative side and anybody pretending otherwise is insane because look at Sean Hannity dispelling the very idea of a back and forth conversation. Its polluted any social aspects of politics. You hate the other guy cause he's not wearing your team colors. Its stupid. People should decide to be conservative or liberal when it suits them and their interests, not because of allegiance.

I'm sorry, I know I probably sound pretentious or presumptuous but its frankly frustrating. Especially with a non-partisan issue such as this.

That's more like your problem.

>and i can finally go back to chill in small online forum and irc like back in the days.
No NN is all about getting rid of those.