>DE/WM
>Video/Music player
>Image viewer
>File Manager
>Text Editor
>Shell
>Web Browser
>Terminal

Protip: If you aren't comfortable with the terminal or aren't proficient with GNU/Linux this thread isn't for you.

If you use Arch, Manjaro, Ubuntu, Mint , Antergos, Solus, Fedora or any other of the thousands of BLOAT gnu/linux meme distros. Don't bother posting in this thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html
strawpoll.me/14618933
twitter.com/AnonBabble

may i kill myself now?

>multi-lined shell prompt

Oh great... Another SHITE general thread on Sup Forums. Buzz OFF!

At least it's Sup Forums related, unlike watch (belongs in /fa/)

What are you fags doing tonight

It's morning, idiot..

sick with flu

Should have gone vegan. The ladies surround me. Guess what. I have not been sick approaching a decade now. Stay sick. Fuck you, nibba.

What do you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Alpine is not GAHNOO/Linux

is there a lemon style font that can do at least 8859-1

>tfw no white asian-squatting gf

>OS
Void
>DE/WM
LXDE
>Video/Music player
MPV
>Image viewer
GpicView
>File Manager
PCmanFM
>Text Editor
Geany
>Shell
Bash
>Web Browser
Firefox ESR (Pretty light but still has all the features I want)
>Terminal
LXTerminal

My laptop is like 10 years old an runs smooth as butter.
Its mostly default LXDE atm, but happy to listen to suggestions.

She is shitting on the floor. Filthy whore. Kill herself

mahniqqa

Whole, plant-based foods. Minimal oil and salt. Whole grains, nothing refined. Unrefined sugars such as fruit sugar, date sugar, coconut sugar, et cetera. Eating me some Russet potatoes at the moment. I had beans and barley not too long ago with some green plants. Basically anything other than flesh and diary. The initial phase of leaving animal foods is like detoxing. Beyond that you fell fine as long as you eat.

Sounds like you've read
>The China Study

>OS
Gentoo
>DE/WM
Enlightenment
>Video/Music player
Enlightenment
>Image viewer
Enlightenment
>File Manager
Enlightenment
>Text Editor
Enlightenment
>Shell
Enlightenment
>Terminal
Enlightenment

I use Emacs for everything else

>OS
Debian
>WM
dwm
>Media Player
mplayer
>Image Viewer
imagemagick's display
>Filemanager
>Texteditor
Emacs
>Shell
fish
>Webbrowser
uzbl
>Terminal
Terminator

I had a similar setup.
Though, I did used Emacs as a text editor.
Found Enlightenment to be too unstable and Gentoo to be too tiresome (still think it's one of the best distros).

enjoy your bloat, faggot

I do!
Emacs is great.
I even think that it's kinda underrated because people still think that Emacs is a text editor.

>emacs
>minimalist

It's minimalist if you do everything in emacs, as opposed to having a bunch of bloat that does the same thing

This.
I still wish that there was some kinda of a minimal Emacs install, though.

>emacs
that's an operating system not a text editor

Or net neutrality spam.

Zile

Filtering net neutrality and ajit and pai filters 9 threads for me. It's going to get worse around 10:30 EST when the vote happens.

Use dash as shell and you shall give your life up

Women might not surround you, but ultimately they are not interested in a malnourished soy boy

I tried installing void but I can't connect though wifi. I keep typing
wpa_passphase myssid mykey
and tells me I need 8..64 characters in my password even though it's actually 10 characters long

how do we put an end to systemd once and for all? I was thinking about slowly and secretly poisoning it faster than they are unintentionally ruining it, creating a mess that isn't even tolerable.

By 2020 we will all be using gentoo.

as long as it's funded by (red hat) it's not going anywhere

just how low is your t level?

0/10 no activated almonds

It's under 0.009

>Arch
>bloated

you fucking autistic pice of shit

>arch
>not bloated
you're the autistic pile of shit - lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html

like I said autism is strong in you

did you even read the mailing list post

>Minimal oil and salt.
Some fat is essential and depending on the oil, very good for you. Salt is also fine in moderation

> Whole grains, nothing refined
Good

> Unrefined sugars
Sugar is still sugar

> potatoes
simple carbs and few nutrients/10

> beans and barley with green plants
not bad

> detox
Meaningless buzz word

Overall 5/10 on the right tracks but somewhat meme'd

have you ever tried stop being autistic?

I bet you havent that's why you make posts on Sup Forums calling Arch Linux bloated and pretending that gentoo is a better choice even though everyone with a brain knows that gentoo is inefficent bullshit.

enjoy your 4 hours compiling time dumbass, but at least you can post on Sup Forums that you don't run a bloated distro, you are the reason I come here and I always laugh.

fucking loser

i run ubuntu

That's a pretty g*sh d*rn nice desktop

if you are happy with that it's fine.

clocks are bloat

>brainlet cannot install gentoo
yeah, gentoo sucks... right guys?

I tried out Gentoo for some months but it's just autistic bullshit, why would I want to wait for a program to install some hours when I can just get a pre compiled binary in arch linux with literally no waiting time?

Yeah gentoo sucks because its an inefficient distro

Add this to the next sticky.
What is the best Sup Forums-approved distro (that doesn't cause severe aspergers)?
strawpoll.me/14618933

Reposting the ram comparison
Why are you using such a bloated WM, anons?

I wanna see her pinch a loaf out

h*ck off, this is a christian wood carving e-mail group

wtf i hate suckless now

That's a proper Slavic squat she's doing. Don't let Dmitri hear you talk like that, or he will deliver fine beating to your ass.

My setup:
>>OS
Void Linux
>>DE/WM
LXDE/Openbox
>>Video/Music player
mpv
>>Image viewer
feh
>>File Manager
Thunar
>>Text Editor
Leafpad
>>Shell
Bash
>>Web Browser
Firefox
>>Terminal
lxterminal

any recommendations?

I use Mate Desktop and all my computers have 24 GB or ram or more. Pretty sure 1 GB is not going to make a difference.

You're in a minimalism thread

Try Franken. its good

I also had problems with wpa_supplicant because the ssid of the router has a "!" in it. after a time i figured out what to do, i had to put the ssid in """" (

Is this the new desktop thread

can you read the title

This is something the stallmanheads refuse to understand. Stop saying "gnu/linux" beacuse its not always "gnu/linux"

I've always used wpa_passphrase like this
wpa_passphrase SSID > /etc/my_wpa.conf [press enter]
PSK [press enter]

The state of hipster fags

>almost 2018
>not using debian (net iso)

This. Just type date in the terminal

Don't this to this gay fucking faggot.

Have you tried it?

Listen*

No because i have never heard of it until now.

it is secretly, user.

Try it.
It's good
this gril wants you to try it
uwu

hi jesus

I fucking hate faggots. I'm going to stick to dwm, faggot.

I know stumpwm is explicitly not minimalist, but is it just that resource heavy that it doesn't make the list?

Arch has always been a simple distribution in terms of the developer perspective, not the user one. Using systemd made it simpler than ever in that regard because much more work is taken care of by both the systemd developers and all of the projects shipping unit files. It has never been a minimalist distribution. Splitting packages is rare compared to other distributions, and dependencies aren't made optional whenever possible.

It has also never been a distribution offering much user freedom / choice compared to Gentoo and even Debian. There are very few cases where there are multiple packages offering different configurations of the same project. There's no equivalent to update-alternatives or the comparable uses of USE flags. Changing /bin/sh from Bash will be broken, as will changing the python symlink to point to python2 instead of python3 even though this works on some other distributions. It doesn't strive to offer choices like this, and never has. It would mean a *lot* more complexity on the development side of things along with major deviations from upstream.

Arch is the opposite of a distribution with lots of user freedom. Users will come and go based on whether they like the technical decisions made by the developers. The popularily of those decisions has no impact on how things are done, regardless of how vocal users are about it.

Arch has *never* been minimalist... a Linux kernel with every module available and every feature enabled at least when there's no non-bloat related cost, feature-packed/complex GNU tools, nearly all optional features enabled across all the packages, etc.

It's not a comprehensive list. It also omitted bspwm as you also have to factor in the keybind daemon. Someone in the comments said bspwm alone apparently uses 1.1MB or so

How do I add searx as deafult engine to chromium? shit doesn't work

Use firefox.

isn't it botnet?

Yes it is.
Use GAHNOO IceCat or PaleMeme

No.

>Debian Stretch
>I don't use one/i3
>mpv/ncmpcpp (but ive not actually used it)
>feh
>ranger
>vim or leafpad depending
>zsh
>firefox
>urxvt

don't know about you guys but im pretty comfy

I'll look into it, I am new to lincucks
just tried and linux mint doesn't let me add my own, wtf? is this muh freedumbs everybody is crazy about?

That's pretty much me, except I'm on Buster, use FrankenWM as my WM, and sxiv for images

post desktop.

>linux mint doesn't let me add my own
Are you in firefox? The OS should not have any bearing on how firefox works

But Arch is not bloated.

Reposting:

Arch has never been a minimalist distribution. Splitting packages is rare compared to other distributions, and dependencies aren't made optional whenever possible. Arch has *never* been minimalist... a Linux kernel with every module available and every feature enabled at least when there's no non-bloat related cost, feature-packed/complex GNU tools, nearly all optional features enabled across all the packages, etc.

>pacman is fast but not safe, it tends to break shit and config protection is implemented in a terrible way
>there is no official process to verify that a package is stable within the distro, in other distros a lot of packages are in a testing repo despite that specific package's developer claiming it to be stable on its own, because it might not be stable within the environment of a specific distro
>a lot of AUR packages pull from upstream, which means they could be very unstable
>(arch vs gentoo related) arch users complain about muh compile time when it comes to gentoo, while in fact they compile a lot of AUR packages themselves, namely the *-git packages that pull the source from a git repo
>but it gets even better: they only compile a handful of packages, and those not being libraries mostly, the self-compiled packages get linked against precompiled libraries from a different setup (e.g. different optimization levels), which can then cause even more instability because it's a clusterfuck of unequal shit
>arch uses (((systemd))) and switching to something else is hard
>apparently the vim package on arch pulls in X, so if you want to have a fancy terminal text editor on a headless server, you to install a shit ton of GUI stuff you'll never need nor use
>maintainer told the guy who complained to just symlink vi to vim (vi is inferior)

I actually don't like my wallpaper anymore but im too lazy to change it rn especially since I'm only going to use this for a few more months hopefully.

>OS
Arch
>DE/WM
BSPWM
>Video/Music player
mvp/ncmpcpp
>Image viewer
ahoviewer
>File Manager
ranger
>Text Editor
vim
>Shell
bash
>Web Browser
firefox
>Terminal
urxvt

>unironically sucking uriel's dead cock

>using ((())) with systemd
You do realize it's free software, right?

I read that it's a modified version of firefox, kek fuc k mint
back to ubuntu I guess