Why the fuck is Mozilla silently installing extensions on my machine?

Why the fuck is Mozilla silently installing extensions on my machine?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js
wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Telemetry#Project_Summary
knowyourmeme.com/memes/green-text-stories
knowyourmeme.com/memes/implying-implying-implications
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cause you deserve it for using politicised software

Because your reality is different from theirs.

Because you're an alt-right, bad goy!

Just install chromium for goodness sake.

>mozilla kick out half their original staff after SJWs overthrow the company and purge it.
>Sup Forums ignores it because "muh Sup Forums"
>mozilla follows orders from George Soros.
>mozilla changes .man file extensions because SJW bitchfests
>Mozilla starts doing fucky shit
>Sup Forums is confused as to why
Now granted, I'm not a creative writing person, but I know for a fact I couldn't write a better story than this.

But muh Quantum is literally 60 times faster!

Bullshit, chromium runs faster in my computer than quantum.

Nazi punks fuck off

>Sup Forums ignored it because "muh Sup Forums"
Nu-Sup Forums ignored it. Nu-Sup Forums are the people who actively try to call off any anti marxism as Sup Forums. Nu-Sup Forums are the people pro net neutrality and government control. Nu-Sup Forums are the ones that will call this post schizophrenic and Sup Forums-esque.

t. Sup Forums
You even got 88 to end your post.

Get on your knees and check 'em, bitch boy.

Because Firefox is botnet by default. You need to create a user.js file before launching Firefox for the first time. Every release they add more bullcrap which needs to be disabled. github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js is a good resource for this

You also have to manually delete some of those 'system addons', in /browser/features folder. btw they come back after each major update so you have to either change folder perms or delete them manually every time. There's also the `extensions.systemAddon.update.url` pref which should be set to empty

You can't make this shit up.

What the fuck is this shit ahahah is it fucking real? How firecucks can even defend this shit anymore ffs ahaha

If Mozilla is going to do that shady shit then just use chromium/iridium, in the end of the day the same people is going to get your data anyway

Preach it, but it's pretty ironic from Mozilla, who claimed as privacy browser, collects your data without your knowing.

>>mozilla kick out half their original staff after SJWs overthrow the company and purge it.
source

firefox is dead. The spiritual successor is called Brave

All non anime boards except for a few exceptions like Sup Forumsand Sup Forums should be deleted. Sup Forums was never meant to be mainstream, political, or normalfag friendly. It was meant to be an anarchic site for japanophiles and lolicons

the total absence of sjwzilla payed shills in this thread is a really bad sign, they should have been damage controlling all over this already

looks like that """company""" is finally going down RIP

yeah, naw

Because you are a fucking retard who does not use a tor-enabled version of firefox with throttled updates and control over which extentions get installed.

she is a GODDESS

>she
fuck off bcrypt

i've been told to be very weary of any yellow person in charge of software security.

Here was I thinking these "studies" would be useful in some way.

What the fuck, how dumb can an argument be
>stop doing computation, you're killing the planet

>Not immediately disabling studies the nanosecond they implemented that shit

>using a browser that has been corrupted by the jews
You asked for it pal!

>my machine
That's where you're wrong kiddo.

>y-you don't agree with my totalitarian idealogy!
>y-you must be a nazi!
>BASH THE FASH
*autistic screeching*

I kind of agree, but Sup Forums brings the crowd, and the crowd funds the website.

I just want Sup Forums to be less popular so the fucking shills go away. The signal to noise ratio is fucking unbearable sometimes. Fuck, it was a problem even back in 2011 before the shills showed up en masse.

Go back to Sup Forums, you're cancer that shouldn't spread out of your containment board

The real answer is that you've been randomly selected to be part of a study by Mozilla, which this extension carries out.

>Mozilla randomly picks unsuspecting users as guinea pigs for their SJW experiments
WHAT THE FUCK

What are you niggers talking about. It's this:

I'm looking forward to the day Firefox scans the contents of webpages for certain words and phrases and highlights them with mouse-over pop-ups that give me relevant facts from Snopes, Politifact, and Shareblue.

That's not the worst part, it's this the delivery method
wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Telemetry#Project_Summary
>SJW experiments are pushed to you

I think my browser might be bugged. I don't see any SJW experiments here. Can you describe to me what you see when you open the link?

Who are you quoting?

bravo

>2016
Finally they arrived to this thread! About time.

>Can you describe
I will, right after you explain the purpose of the default value of
>true
on
>experiments.enabled

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
knowyourmeme.com/memes/green-text-stories
knowyourmeme.com/memes/implying-implying-implications

Thanks for outing yourself as a nu-fag.

Commie retards fuck off

go back to pol you dumb faggot.

Green text is not just for quotes on Sup Forums, it never has been you dumb newfaggot, where do you think >implying came from, or green text stories?
>pretend to be an oldfag
>out yourself as a newfag

I actually had to Google this shit, and I'm still not sure I understand it completely. Is this for a television show or something? What is this, and why would I want it? I don't remember asking for it. What does it actually do? This is just fucking... weird. I don't know how else to describe it. I also don't remember checking an option that basically said "Hey, let us install weird stuff (having something to do with a television show?) on your browser!" at any point in time. Did I click on it and just don't remember?

The crowd adds cost to the website, not funds it.