Net Neutrality Doesn't Matter

Don't believe me?

Imagine this scenario:

>It's 2015
>Software neutrality rules are put into place.
>All computers and devices must now allow all software installations.

3 Years Later...

>This guy comes along.
>No more software neutrality

Are you telling me you would honestly freak out over this even though these rules don't even exist currently?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LFhT6H6pRWg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

???

The only people who care about net neutrality are plebbiters anyways, I personally can't wait for it to be repealed.

Of course nothing changes. Leddit can't stop sperging out about it. They don't understand the bullet that's been dodged.

False equivalency.

They do exist it's called windows 10.

>Law in place that forces manufacturers to let you install any programs you want on your device

>It's repealed, now they charge you $20 every time you wanna install a program that's not in their app store, and an additional $0.50 for every non authorised binary ran in a 24 hour block

Except before 2015 the ISPs were just as jewish as they are now. NN doesn't even stop them from making you pay more for speed.

You can legally root Android/jailbreak an iPhone despite Apple's complaints that it's a copyright infringement (circumventing DRM) as it's exempt from DMCA.
In Europe you can even install alternative OS on your phone and it's still covered under warranty, so if it breaks in under 2 years they have to honor it unless they can prove that the defect was caused by the software change. There's plenty of freedom when it comes to computers.

>>All computers and devices must now allow all software installations.

I believe there is anti-trust legislation that forbids manufacturers from locking their general purpose PCs to specific software. This is why there's an option to disable Secure Boot in the BIOS of any computer you can buy.

That's actually good plebbitard, something something competition, something something small software developers.

>make stupid thing illegal
>law is repealed
>people start doing stupid thing
now that's some real fucking specious reasoning desufamsenpai

The anticipation for refditors getting btfo is killing me.

They can't steal this ruling away with fake news like they did with Roy.

>2015
The new NN was put into place then but it was treated as such prior to that point and the legislation is a reaction that that getting challenged and removed.

>Make stupid thing illegal
>Corporations lobby to make stupid thing legal
>Surely they won't do stupid thing

>What Reddit says will happen
You'll have to pay to get better speeds for certain services.
>What will actually happen
There's no way to get better speeds for certain services.
Why do I have my doubts that's what's actually going to happen?

Can't wait until you're homeless and on the streets pajeet

t. shill

youtube.com/watch?v=LFhT6H6pRWg

This is the only reason you need for opposing Ajit Pai

It would be better if these rules were put into place. so, I don't get your point. stuff would be worser, just like it's bad right now.

T. Shlomo

So every process would have to have the same priority and burst time on the CPU? Scheduling algorithm would be super easy, but important tasks could starve. We almost lost a mars rover because of priority inversion, this is a potential solution for that (not a good one though).

NN didn't exist until 2015...people crowing over the death of the internet without NN have no fucking clue that NN isn't required to have an open internet because they have no idea we have an open internet without NN laws in place.