The web just keeps getting slower and slower. Pages demand more and more resources...

The web just keeps getting slower and slower. Pages demand more and more resources, and the browsers just keep demanding more and more from the OS.

Is there a limit to how far this can go before hardware just can't keep up?

My notebook from 2011 has a dual core i5-2435M and ran everything perfectly with dozens of tabs open.

Now it struggles with like 20 random tabs with a freshly installed OS. And yet the online experience keeps getting less and less user friendly.

Other urls found in this thread:

iota.org/.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

take some cocaine

I am confused by this reply.

it will make everything faster

But every time I do coke it makes everything seem slower, I go faster.

then you need to take more. trust me.

Haha no, I don't want to end up too addicted to it. If I do that kind of thing it's only when the adderall and coffee stops working. Never do drugs for fun.

Blame shitty js devs and queermo designers that cram everything with a bunch of animations and shit.

Blame pervasive online tracking.

Blame ads.

Blame pajeets.

Just going to leave this here: iota.org/. Hogs my CPU and RAM so much that I would not be surprised if it was actually mining iota in the background. Any other examples of atrocious web design?

Yes this isgreatwebdesign

it only looks like that with uMatrix enabled.

Ah I just realized when I posted that I had that enabled. Disabled it's even more a bloated mess.

>Never do drugs for fun
dude that's like the opposite of what you should do if you're worried about addiction. Never use them to perform, that's how you end up invading polan

oh please, there are tons of drugs you can do for fun. Do your favorite thing to do, but do it on drugs

>Blame pajeets.
already am

If the worst side effect of the drugs I take is coming within an inch of saving my country, I'll be happy.

Please suggest a few that don't have long term performance implications on the brain beyond what adderall has already done.

This. Watching hentai and masturbate while on coke is like being near God

none. anything that would help you perform, will be the death of you.

>"reeee why is everything so slow"
>uses a laptop from 2011

I use a desktop from 2007
>8GB DDR2 (maxed out)
>Core2 Duo 3.0
>windows 10
>spinning rust
then again, i somehow figured out how to cut a bunch of bloat over the years

If it doesn't provide exponentially more value it doesn't need exponentially more power.

Dont use those crappy webpages and everything will be fine.

I'm thinking about mostly quitting the internet desu.