Expensive RJ45 connectors, meme or real?

Expensive RJ45 connectors, meme or real?
I'm going to restore my basement for my son, and I am also planning to upgrade the networking in the house. I figured I'd might as well just buy some CAT7 cabling, and I am now just unsure about the RJ 45 connectors. Is there any significant difference in quality, and can it lead to bottlenecking? I don't care if we are talking about microscopic impedance differences.

This is the ones im looking to buy (They are listed as CAT6):

aliexpress.com/item/SAMZHE-Cat6-RJ45-Modular-Plug-8P8C-Connector-for-Ethernet-Cable-Gold-Plated-1Gbps-CAT-6-Gigabit/32832329371.html

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/ANNNWZZD-Ethernet-Cable-Cat-7-Gigabit-Lan-Network-RJ45-High-Speed-10Gbps-for-600Mhz-s-STP/32839192365.html
edesk.belden.com/products/techdata/EUR/1885ENH V8.pdf
logilink.org/Products_LogiLink/Passive_Network_Components/Adapters-Connectors_Accessories/Modular_Plug_Cat6A_RJ45_for_Cat7_Cat6A-Cat6_cable-10pcs_set-shielded.htm
telegaertner.com/en/info/highlights/mfp8/
amazon.com/gp/product/B07113GPSN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

meme
/thread

I hope your son is 15.

meme
buy wall-mount jacks with punch-down blocks and prebuilt jumpers instead, it's cleaner, easier to service and the correct way to go about wiring a room.

I will. Some of the cabling will be pulled through the walls, and I will use wall sockets for that. However, I'd like to use the cabling I buy for just cables as well, so I can cut them to be just the right length, and not 3m excess and whatnot.

>CAT7
CAT7 is a joke. It's expensive as fuck and not even a real standard
CAT6a is a real standard and more than you need.
CAT6 is all that you need. It's not that expensive now.
Frankly, you could probably get by with CAT5e for all but the most palatial of estates.

Just run CAT6, and run multi mode fiber in the house. Run at least 4 CAT6 lines per drop, more if you want to do A/V or have regular phone or something else going on. (You can combine 2 CAT6 cables to use as an HDMI infrastructure)

>CAT7 is a joke.
you are a joke

>I'm going to restore my basement for my son
W-why?

Because he's getting old, and when he finally moves out I'm going to rent out the basement.

But please back to the original question: RJ45 plugs, is there any significant difference in quality and performance (aka bottleneck)?

ideally, you'd just shelve the rest of the spool and buy premade, pretested and plastic-injected cables since they come in any size you could possibly need short of being autismal and needing exactly 6.25m or something like that

but if you insist, the quality of the crimping pliers matters a thousand times more than the connectors. the best setup for the home gamer is probably regular AMP/Belkin connectors for $10/100pieces, and a good $20-$30 crimping tool that applies the same amount of force to all pins.

and to answer your other post, no, the connectors won't affect the performance at all. the only thing you lose when buying cheap connectors is reliability of the connector itself.

Only real difference is how much of a bitch they are to crimp. CAT6 has thicker wires so the pins inside 8p8c connectors specified for CAT6 are staggered. For home use, the performance difference is pretty much negligible.

>you are a joke
found the guy who knows absolutely fuck all about nothing

yourself?

Use conduit. The issue isn't wiring it now (the bottleneck in the data pipe is going to be your ISP anyway). The issue is rewiring it later with whatever new tech emerges. Not just Ethernet, but audio, home automation, or whatever.

Those heads are designed for stranded-core cable. The cable you will use for in-wall / keystone jacks will be solid-core. Look at the picture where the blades are going into the wires. They are going in dead center, and they "split" the inner stranded copper. On solid core cable, they will hit the copper and shunt to one side or another. Imagine trying to cut a rock in half with a steak knife. That's what will be happening with these heads and solid-core.

There are other heads designed for both. Typically the blades are splayed so they can straddle the copper when they hit it.

This guy is really correct, do what he said!
I'd add that you don't need the premade cables for anything but just general purpose network cables that don't have a permanent / semi-permanent place. For cables that have a somewhat permanent place you can make them yourself and it should be completely fine

Replying to myself.

A bigger issue is that solid core cable is not designed for patch cables in the first place. Unless the patch is never going to be touched in it's lifetime. Stranded core cable is designed to be flexible so a patch cord can be moved/removed, coiled, etc. Solid core will break internally (eventually) compared to a stranded core cable under the same physical stress conditions.

>Frankly, you could probably get by with CAT5e for all but the most palatial of estates.

"Even though Cat6 and Cat6a cabling offers higher performance rates, many LANs still opt for CAT5e due to its cost-effectiveness and ability to support Gigabit speeds."

Agreed

>gold pins
>no shield
for what purpose

>CAT7 is a joke. It's expensive as fuck and not even a real standard

It is. but...

"The shielding needs to be grounded and Cat7 also requires special GigaGate45 (GG45) connectors."

wow:

aliexpress.com/item/ANNNWZZD-Ethernet-Cable-Cat-7-Gigabit-Lan-Network-RJ45-High-Speed-10Gbps-for-600Mhz-s-STP/32839192365.html

these chink sites really have cheap things... Are these ideal for wall mounts and patche panels?

no, buy a roll.

Retard #2 spotted in this thread

and in the nineties people ran cat5 because it was cheaper than 5e and 100mbits was fine.

if you're doing new construction or adding the wiring, the cost of replacing the wiring later (cost + labor) is far more than future proofing yourself.

people who renovated homes in the 90s did coax RG6 for cable TV and phone lines for the most part. if a lot of those people had a time machine, they would have ran cat5e/cat6.

this is the best CAT7 cable you can find
edesk.belden.com/products/techdata/EUR/1885ENH V8.pdf
It have thick wires awg 23 so you will need connectors which accepts awg23
logilink.org/Products_LogiLink/Passive_Network_Components/Adapters-Connectors_Accessories/Modular_Plug_Cat6A_RJ45_for_Cat7_Cat6A-Cat6_cable-10pcs_set-shielded.htm

and if you need absolutely the best connector
this is off course Telegartner
telegaertner.com/en/info/highlights/mfp8/

Fiber vs copper wire.

Honestly 6a is more than enough. Even if internet speeds increase, it'll be decades before anyone hits that shit from behind.

Just setup outlets everywhere don't put fucking ends everywhere that's just retarded.

> Expensive RJ45 connectors, meme or real?
Relatively real, but there's probably no need to pay more than for a Hirose TM31.

Easy to install, strain relief on the cable, looks nice.

>expensive
>chinkshit

That's the point.

>this is the best CAT7 cable you can find
That is basically just pointless if it costs extra or is stiffer. Any CAT7 should be better than he needs.

Well, I don't see what difference it can make besides maybe being more robust overall, I've seen a lot of RJ45s that don't clip in anymore.

nou

Surprisingly that no one has mentioned but for CAT6 and up you want a shielded RJ46.

Cat5E or 6 cable will be fine. Both rated for Gigabit speed. Unless your trying to push TB worth of data daily over the lan you won't have any problems. Getting pre made cables the lengths you need is the cheaper/easier option imo. You can always bundle up any excess and bury it in the wall (assuming your putting up new drywall). Your internet speed is your bottleneck, not your lan. I've got two media streamers (limited to 100 meg). I've had both streaming at the same time, doing a server backup job, plus torrents going on all without any hiccups. The only thing that will be a problem is the day they finally roll out GB internet that's affordable/sustainable. Then you'll have to upgrade your cabling.

This thread reminded me I was almost out of connectors. I just bought a pack of these:
amazon.com/gp/product/B07113GPSN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

dont buy cat7
get the split ez cat 6 and use cat6 cables

otherwise if you know the length do the smart thing and purchase the premade cables

For the love of god, if you do this, use much larger conduit than you need and leave a pull string in the conduit. Try to have no abrupt 90’s. You will thank me in a decade.

An unshielded twisted pair Cat6 can do 10 Gigabit up to 55 meters.

What the fuck do you need more than 10 Gigabit anyway? Do you even have switching hardware that can exceed this shit?

Since you're asking about connectors that are maybe up to $1 difference in price between the expensive and the cheap option and knowing the cost of 10 Gigabit switching, I'm guessing the answer to my previous question is no.

Don't be stupid, just put 5e in the walls and be done with it.

This

Hence, conduit.

>I'd like to use the cabling I buy for just cables as well

This is wrong. You use solid core cabling for installations, and stranded cables for the patchwork. Solid core is better, but not designed for moving around repeatedly because of potential breakage, ie: you lay it down and never touch it again because it is now surrounded by drywall.

You can crimp your own patch cables, or just buy them in varying lengths are $1-2 each for respectable ones.

A high speed lan is not for internet speeds.