Do Europeans use cursive in real life? I know yanks don't, and russians always do

Do Europeans use cursive in real life? I know yanks don't, and russians always do
what's it like in your cunt?

>yanks don't
What? Why wouldn't you use cursive?

yes

I don't know. but they just don't and schools don't teach it

[i]What is real life?[/i]

Some people use it, some people don't. It depends on individual taste.
For personal notes I sometimes use our old cursive script btw.

Oh btw, the old cursive script is not taught or actually used or anything, I just use it for aesthetic reasons.

what is [i]-[/i]?
when you need to write something down, do you write in cursive or print

I do and I know many who do.

I think it's dying out with the newer generations though

I haven't used it from my last year of highschool, my handwriting sucks, if I write very fast I can't even read my own shit.

bump

I don't, cause I could never master it, but most people took their education better than me,

I do because it looks more esthetic and it's faster to write that way

I always use cursive, it's more comfortable and faster to write. We're taught so at school.

jesus that V, took me a minute

gotta go FAST, no time for calligraphy

Most people use it. Few uses what we call the "french r" though, which is the /r/ that looks kinda funny.

This one ?

Yeah, everyone's taught that in school but it's rare for people to use it in normal cursive. You look a bit pretentious if you do use it.

We had to learn it but nobody uses it past childhood in my experience.

>You look a bit pretentious if you do use it
For real ? I wouldn't have thought

So how do you write r in cursive then?

Don't listen to that guy, he is a retard.

What do you do when you have to make a note real quick?

Just write?

I write like a retard with a touchpad, but I think you get the idea

Everyone is taught cursive but most end just using a combination of both cursive and block letters

>We had to learn it but nobody uses it past childhood in my experience.
Most people use it though, unless you're filling out forms or some shit. Maybe things are a bit different for you lot up north though.

I lived in the South for 3 years and never met anyone who wrote in cursive.

how do you do S? always looks weird in Cursive

Yeah I do that, alternating between cursive and single letters. Cursive is best for when you have to write a lot.

i write in it exclusively

Show me some Cyrillic in cursive

Always, well except for the capital letters I don't even know how to do them in cursive.

For minuscule letters it is the opposite I don't even know how to write them normally. Well I know but I have to take the time to remember how to do a f and some other letters.

Of course. How else would you write by hand? With print letters? That's slow as shit.

he is from Slovakia though

I do, and I know a fair number of people in my uni classes do too. Not everyone does, of course.

i was forced to "learn" it but i stopped using it the moment i could escape it.
i doubt anyone cares you don't write in cursive in higher education anymore either.
Everything can be written in digital anyway.

Don't they use Cyrillic?
Maybe i'm a bit racist for assuming that every russia look-alike flag countries are basically Russian.

You can't be serious.

it's more a matter of religion than nationality

Half serious 2bh

What about exams? Do you take all of them on computers too?

>not writing in gaelic type
Its like you hate aesthetics

>tfw when we used cyrillic at one point;

yes, fast and easy
plus it looks nice sometimes

do you mean Moldovan?

Forgot pic

Some do. I don't.

>schools don't teach it
That's 100% false.

nah, but not once have anyone i know been told to use cursive or berated about not using it in exams or any type of text.
I do know some that use it obviously but it's dying. (just like the swedish education system tbqh)

Is it an orthodox thing?

>that
>aesthetic
pick one

Yes, Cyrillic is Orthodox(Greek), and Latin is more used in Catholic countries(Roman)
see Croatia vs Serbia
same language, different religion, hence different script

>Cyrillic in cursive

>jealous

Why the fuck would you?

In the 19th century, it was in both provinces.
Sorta. It was made for slavs by byzantine monks.
The catholic slavs tended to go with Rome and other catholic countries more, so it become more restricted to the orthodox.
But greeks use greek, and we used latin for long parts of our history, so it ain't a rule, so to speak.

I honestly can't imagine writing an exam in block letters. It's often a race against time and cursive is just much faster.

>that buddhist enclave in Russia;
Every time.

Looks a lot nicer than the blocky old soviet font that most westerners assosiate with russian text.

That's the only cursive r I was ever taught.

>It's often a race against time and cursive is just much faster.
I think it's just a matterof what you're used to

That's somewhat true, yeah. I'm sure someone who's used to writing block letters will be much better at it than I am. Cursive is naturally faster though by virtue of allowing you to connect letters, skipping the constant hand lifting.

how many people can read and/or write this? only 90-yos?

yes, something like that
going from block to cursive is frustrating, It does flow more naturally but I stop more often and it less forgiving

Had to write all of our assignments before highschool in full cursive. We also got marks deducted for poor penmanship.

the funny thing is, they are both the same thing in actual connected cursive, they are only different when you write them separate which never happens
I hope this shitty mouse drawing is legible enough

t. samefag
in the second one, the bottom part of the last 'r' is a bit too pointy, my mistake

may I ask you how do you tell apart F and T?

Actually...

I write the long s mid-word because it's just easier to write

My cursive has always been shit, but I have no idea how to put down things quickly without it

Never been very good at it tbf. Only do it if I'm in a rush.

like this, right?

I was taught it in school, and never use it for anything except signature.
All professional writing is done on the computer now days.

no I write a less tall l and after writing a word I draw the dashes

>flag
I personally was never taught cursive, and it's dying out among the youth.

good?

We use Latin script with diacritics,

Ww learned it for like two weeks in the third grade.

Yes, and often sacrificing clarity too. Thats why i ditched it and learnt block.

that tiny s that looks like backward c is only supposed to go at the end of the word
trust me

My Slovak handwriting. First sentence is how I write when I have time, second is like when I do not.

Aesthethic as fuck. Write something for me plz

this is the real map