The absolute state of Canadian telecommunications

>the absolute state of Canadian telecommunications
How the fuck is this legal?

Other urls found in this thread:

vodafone.de/infofaxe/4240.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=79hBc5S7FbA&list=PLoYgvGiwgZk4lBkxwjFGSzVRWWE9bHO0x&index=42
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality_in_Canada
telekom.de/unterwegs/tarife-und-optionen/premium-smartphone-tarife
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>mobilesyrup
What the fuck Canada

If only they had Net Netrality

>mobilesyrup

Im Canadian and I think this is terrible (not maple syrup, that shit's delicious). Although I currently pay around $70/month for 10gb of data with Bell, along with call display, answering and a certain amount of long distance minutes, can't remember how much off hand. Will I bet fucked when I go to renew my contract? Or will I be grandfathered in so-to-speak and offered a similar rate? Keep in mind this is paying for the phone too, it would be like $25/month cheaper if I bought the phone outright

Also, I'd rather not switch because its a hassle and honestly bell's service has been pretty good for me. Although I've heard Rogers is also pretty solid and that Telus got considerably better from where it was a few years ago

>mobilesyrup

Resflagdeals has full scripts of what to say to customer service to get the best deal on a mobile plan.

Unlimited 4G is 199€ / month in Germany
24 month contract of course
Though it does include 2 SIM cards that can be used simultaneously, e.g. in a home router and in your smart phone
I'd get it for 99€ but not 199€

Data is absolutely not affordable in Canada.

I pay $20 for unlimited talk and text nationwide right now with Rogers. If i want to add 1GB of data, its an extra $60 dollars. What the fuck? We have the highest data rates in the world.

the site got worse over the years
kind of like Sup Forums desu

anyways, if anyone is in central/southern canada and using anything but public mobile, kys

and i see all these leaf fags laughing at americans for losing NN.

> 1GB for $60

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

the entire world can laugh at americans because they're retarded
>literally defending americans in preparation of the ISP raping of 2018

Unlimited LTE/4G
Verizon Gov Contract plan
45$ a month

>losing NN

You mean rebranded SOPA? Oh now, however will we cope.

Truly unlimited as in you can download and upload 20 TB every month if you want?

fuck data, just use pay-as-you-go

Why is it so expensive?

It's verizon so speeds are dramatically reduced past a certain point.

You retards should consider Freedom Mobile. Retarded name aside, it's not bad and offers good plans in comparison to every other network in Canada.

the best deal for mobile internet i've been able to wrestle out of bell canada was 200gb/mo for $90 after tax. apparently only available in rural areas that'd never get fiber or cable. i suspect the download speed (10mbit on a good day) is capped well under what lte is capable of, but it still beats every other option out here in the ontario woods, dialup (lol), satellite (lol), long range directional wireless (2.5mbit at best, god help you in the evening when all your neighbours come home from work and school and start streaming unboxing videos or whatever else the fuck they do on the internet)

We're still in a better position than you are. Until the CRTC decided to go off the deep end.

Telekom is the only provider that even has an unlimited option tho, so they can change the price however the fuck they like to

Isn't that a cellphone dataplan tho?
Why you ameriniggers are using canada cellphone internet as an example to justify you niggers being cucked in america?
Are you retarded?

Also
>Mobilesyrup
Thanks for the laugh.

I pay 30 euro per month for unlimited 4.5G.

Is this data cap for mobile?

Not everyone lives in Ontario.

Canada's fucking huge, laying down all that infrastructure isn't cheap, especially the further you get from a major city

This. It's unreal.

This wouldn't be a problem if the CRTC didn't literally ban non-Canadian telecom companies from entering the Canadian market. We have a government enforced price fixing pseudo-monopoly that can't be broken.

I pay $34/mo for 120 minutes (per month) and unlimited texting

nothing else, that's it

>reduced past a certain point.
Not really unlimited then

I just checked again because DSL sucks here and found Vodafone offers unlimited LTE for 169 + VAT, so the same price as Telekom.

"Vodafone Black Business+"

I'm actually considering it if my accountant says I can deduct it from my taxes (self-employed)

ya. I have no home internet cap technically, but I get throttled to shit if I go over 1tb. Home internet costs about the same though, for a 50/5 (give or take) line

Nope but it's how a lot of them get away with the "unlimited" marketing.

you should be getting ~150/5 for $70. Call your rep & bitch

I pay $8.5/month for unlimited 60Mbps home internet + 300 minutes and 8GB mobile data. There are some benefits to living in 3rd world.

t. Bell
There is no reason for it to be that high and you know it

130$ :DDDDD
youtube.com/watch?v=79hBc5S7FbA&list=PLoYgvGiwgZk4lBkxwjFGSzVRWWE9bHO0x&index=42

you do realize you can just stop the link before the & symbol
or if you're a phoneposter just using the share button instead of being retarded

I just get a new sim card every two months for 3€ which gives me 2GB each month, don't use a lot of data since there's public wifi almost everywhere

Do you have time to talk about the playlist that I just linked?

>that shit's delicious.
The fuck is wrong wit you boi?

>Bordenfag
>live literally 20km outside the service area
Just fuck my shit up

Rogers just this morning released a 10GB for 60 a month. It's not great cuz the overages are rape, but it's a start

If loving maple syrup is wrong I dont want to be right

right, but who needs unlimited 4G?
I use Aldi Talk. 3.99 a month for 300MB lol

How did you even get that plan?
I'm suffering with Wind rn, and I want it to end.

Net neutrality would drive prices up in USA too. It's not like it helps.

Not drive prices up as in you have to pay extra for Sup Forums, but drive prices up as in you have to pay extra for data cap. Unless you're on a fiber line, in that case net neutrality wouldn't affect you beyond maybe driving up prices a little.

I think it was some S8 promo plan, and I put like $400 down for it.

>right, but who needs unlimited 4G?
The only landline option available at my house is 10/2 Mbit/s.
I would install a stationary LTE antenna and use it as a DSL replacement.

I come from Canada and holy shit that's a good price

The canadian government is shit. Literally treating citizens like babies with everything.

>goo goo ga
>dont touch
>*slaps hand
>bad babby

People here talk shit about the states but I would rather live there

Bell monopoly.
Every other provider is just renting Bell infrastructure except some crazy idiots in Vancouver circumventing Bell by putting lasers on top of skyscrapers.

>goo goo ga
>dont touch
>*slaps hand
>bad babby, now pay $130, Muhammad from Syria needs some new clothes

tfw I am paying 2.90€/month for unlimited 4G

Why aren't other companies just buildin' their infrastructure?

Because it costs tens of billions of dollars, and there's tons of red tape to cross because you're almost guaranteed to be required to do something over a native reserve.

But according to Sup Forums, if there's a free market then there WILL be other competing companies on it.
Why isn't the free market fixing it

The invisible hand of the free market is a myth and every time Canada has deregulated something it immediately went to shit.

If it was a free market there probably would be

>if anyone is in central/southern canada and using anything but public mobile, kys
Truth, wind is fucking unusable even in downtown Toronto. Jumped over to public with their first 12GB/$120/3mo offer, now I get features like voicemail and reception when not in direct line of sight with a tower.

fucking leaf companies are scamming the shit out of you

God, wind is so shit.

Okay leafs, what is a good carrier choice? For real.

If you live in Canada you should see if any of their subsidiary companies are in your area. I pay $35 canuckbux and get unlimited talk text and data almost anywhere in the GTA.

That's pretty bad. I'm a brnigger third worlder and I pay ~$18 for 3gb data and unlimited everything else.

Unlimited nationwide talk text and data*

Which company?

That's the problem, there isn't any. Unless you're military I guess, Rodgers gives 30% off which is nice.

Chatr, Wind/Freedom, and there's one named like Mobilcity but I think they got eaten up by another smaller company.

Okay what's the next best carrier? Even if they're all shitty, there still has to be a few "best deals".

I think Koodoo is the least horrible, judging by prices I've seen. I doubt there is a single cell phone provider on the entire planet more expensive than Bell.

Used to have satellite internet living in the middle of assfuck nowhere US. Paid $120/month for 500mb a day and like 5mbps with over 1s ping.

Freedom, Public, Koodo, Fido (depends on deals).
Basically all of the major 3's subsidiaries for the most part are a safe choice, freedom only if you live in like a major city.

Is this mobile or landline?
Cause if its mobile its not very far off from US pricing.

mobilesyrup rarely ever reports on home internet speeds unless it's some new thing like when ISPs brought out 1GB speeds
so yeah mobile

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality_in_Canada
We have ghetto net neutrality, they can do data caps and different speed rate but not on a per site basis.

4 large companies have control of all of our internet lines, and towers.

They can set the prices to whatever retarded rates they wish, unfortunately.

Not really actually.
But nationalisation is being pushed for that reason.

>Wanting nationalized telecom
>Introducing the inefficiencies and slowness of government into the already inefficient and slow process of telecom development
Good god why

>regulations out the ass
>free market
OY VEY GOY YOU CANT BUILD A TOWER HERE, SOME 2 BILLION YEARS AGO INDIANS DIED HERE AND ITS SACRED, NOW PAY US 6 GORILLION FOR REPARATIONS BEFORE YOU'RE ALLOWED TO BUILD A TOWER

Are you purposefully being stupid? Sasktel has proven literally the opposite of what you claim. Also "inefficient" government is largely a propaganda point from the right.

Further, nationalisation would be over the towers, reselling them to ISPs and providing a minimum baseline for areas in more regions. How could you be against that? You're complaining ISPs control the towers, but then don't want it fixed??

25€ for 25 GB in germany (got a special offer from vodafone) barely touching the 6 GB mark with my smartphone

> "inefficient" government is largely a propaganda point from the right.
>Being this divisive

>Unlimited 4G is 199€ / month in Germany
Who has that? Welcher Anbieter? I didn't see that one yet

I'm getting 4gb data and unlimited calling from public mobile for $38/mo, and it gets the exact same speeds as telus (250mbps+).

There's other options than the big 3. Look at zoomer wireless. Right now they're offering 2gb data, unlimited calling and a free LG G4 with a 2yr contract @ $36/mo.

Vodafone Business Black+

Telekom MagentaMobil XL
telekom.de/unterwegs/tarife-und-optionen/premium-smartphone-tarife

Beide 199€, beide 100% Flat (Europaweit)

Thanks a lot! I thought o2 was the only one and I'm desperate

Tell me about Sasktel, I might be moving to Moosejaw in the near future.

>fido
>byop
3gb data, unlimited everything else, call display,voicemail etc..
>$65+tax/mth
>this is actually an excellent plan in Canada, Ontario.

Send help

>paying 105 in Ontario for basically the same plan
Holy fuck was Bell a mistake

austria
75mbit / unlimited data for 30€ per month. not the best, not too bad. only in vienna though, on the countryside it often sucks and is slows

Ya I had bell for about 4months to get my Sony z2 then I gtfo. Still have the z2 and went with fido who have been great since byop plans give you lots of leverage. I've had Rogers and wind mobile. Wind I had for a number years during uni days, no complaints you just gotta expect what you pay for.

It's really not. You didn't shop.

It's possible to get 6gb on Koodo for $48/mo. You're paying normal price.

I have this. The only reason I'll change plans is when they kick my out of this grandfathered plan (if it happens).

i pay $70 from tmobile for two lines with unlimited data, talk, and text. though i do get throttled on the data once i got over like 4gb of data. but i don't get charged for going over and nor do i lose my data connection.
in a perfect world i would rather have no throttling / cap but i'd rather have throttle after x than a real cap and being charged there after.

i pay €20 a month for unlimited texts, phone calls, and data

stay jelly

In NZ I pay $40/mo for 2.5gb carryover data, unlimited calling and texting.

>"unlimited" data
Try to download 24/7 at full speed for a month

I'm with koodo. i pay $54.24 / month for 5GB of data. Extra $10 for every GB over the limit.

>130$ a month
WTF? When did this happen?

KEK i pay 10 euro for , 20 gb , 1000 minutes and 1000 sms in italy