Best OS for a student

Hey Sup Forums just wondering in your opinions what is the best OS for a student?

Gentoo GNU/Linux

there's hundreds of millions of students world wide, doing thousands of different studies.

there's no 'best OS for a student' but i advice a unix based OS for most.

funtoo

gentoo or *bsd

none of them are going to help you graduate with tolerable grades desu

Gentoo
t. a student

xubuntu

Windows 7

Depends on what are you studying

whichever one can do all you need
i mean, if you're for example studying language you most likely won't need much more than an internet browser, something to record and fiddle with sound, and an office suite

I used Ubuntu for a couple of years of my undergrad and then Arch during grad school.

macOS
Has terminal and native Microsoft office and Adobe products. Pretty everything what you need

I'm a philosophy student, What os do you recommend me Sup Forums ?

debian

You don't need Microdick Office in 2017, nor do you need Adobe. Get with it or get left behind.
Not even funny.

i'm sure you'll find installing gentoo to be quite stimulating

depends on what you're majoring in and on your teachers

i found a lot of fuckers still deliver homework in ancient .doc files which are quite a hassle or powerpoints with wordard which suck cock also

libreoffice 5.x has quite got good enough to be able to use it and you can deliver shit in .pdf just in case (if you upload your assignments to cloud).

i run arch linux and a virtual machine for windows necessary software.

.t electronics engineer.

Use Solus. The issue with Linux is that there are too many "standards" that no one really follows, then people see a fuck ton of standards and go "I'll make a standard to solve this issue" and they don't end up following it; just adding to the problem. Solus is the first project to enforce a standard to make a coherent experience, and it's stable. EOPKG is shit, but they're working on making it better with an autoremove function coming next release. There is a reason that Solus is growing quickly and that is because they're doing their best to make a Linux based operating system relevant.

THE TARGET

fuck off kevin

Mac you queer

>mac user calls someone else a queer
oh the ironing

Why would one go arch>gentoo?

>You don't need Microdick Office in 2017, nor do you need Adobe. Get with it or get left behind.
t. NEET who hasn't left his basement in a decade

Xubuntu/MacOS

I'd think literally anything that has internet/wifi capability and supports some sort of office suite can get you by for most degrees.

You don't need Microsoft office. You definitely need a suite capable of exporting in .doc format and whatever the excel extension is. Libre OpenOffice can do those that, and the free version is perfectly capable of doing the basic shit that 90% of college students need to do.

This
Just use whatever OS you feel productive on
Synchronization between devices is also a real time saver when you are a student