Say what you will about latin america and conquistadors...

Say what you will about latin america and conquistadors, but have you ever stopped to think about what it must've felt like to discover THE NEW WORLD?

I mean just imagine how the discoverers must've felt like. Back then they didn't have things figured out like us and I bet life was a lot more interesting due to everything being more mysterious. Nowadays, only discovering an alien civilization, which won't happen in our lifetime, would compare to the feel of discovering America back then.

I read somewhere that the conquistadors also burned their ships when they arrived there, because they had no intention of coming back. How brave is that? Fuck man, and to think that that old times Spain is over and I was born in a time when it's just one more cucked euro country.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hernán_Cortés
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moctezuma_II
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Spain is a shithole

Spain is a shithole

i dont give a shit, read the thread

america is called the new world because of something, when they discovered it, it really felt like finding a whole new world to them. how awesome is that?

Isn't the ship burning thing a myth? I think ships were scuttled at some point to prevent deserting/mutiny

Is this just a fake photoshop?
Where the fuck are the shitty "cities"?

After months on the Atlantic they thought about gold and pussy.

and they did find endless gold and pussy

conquistador life best life

idk i saw it on reddit (pls no bully)

no idea

you should be bullied desu

i use reddit a lot and im not ashamed of it tBh, just dont expect freedom of speech and stay away from debates of any kind since the hivemind can be frustrating, and its very useful

Cortes burned the ships in Mexico to tell his troops no one retreats from this. No going back

I think the ship burning actually happened, but it was a deliberate strategic choice.

One of the aims was, as you said, to prevent desertion. Another reason was the effect on the natives. The ships were burnt in full view of the natives so they would see it happen, and realise the newcomers meant serious business.

this

even more impressive than i thought then

this.

According to eye witnesses the ships were only scuttled, tho I imagine it is feasible some fires were lit during the maneuver which may have given rise to the legend amongst the Totonaca allies of Cortez. It certainly makes for a more romantic image.

There had been a mutiny with some men trying to make it back to Cuba, as Cortez had exceeded his command it wasn't entirely unreasonable, but it ended with two of them being hung. The Spaniards were already outnumbered in Vera Cruz so the idea of heading into the Aztec capital was certainly an act of temerity.

>even more impressive than i thought then

The impressive thing was the decision to set out and go there in the first place. Once you make it there alive, if you're Cortez, burning (or scuttling ) the ships was the logical thing to do.

Because if you're Cortez and you're in this crazy new place and your men leave you, or your enemies sense weakness, then you're utterly fucked

>cortez

Why do you do that? Retarded burgers I can understand

Algunos españoles no entedemos como hay tanto crimen y narcotrafrico en spanish ~ america, por que?

Por la pobreza? decirteme por que más o menos

Cortes?

Yes is not like ez, like González, Diaz, Hernández etcétera, not all spanish surnames take Z

Cortés means corteous, Cortez doesn't exist.

Because I'm writing English man, same reason I may write Montezuma even if that comes off as cringe in Spanish.

Hernán Cortés Monroy Pizarro Altamirano, that should satisfy your autism.

Los indios son muy criminales, 100%.

I remember the good old times when Spain culturally enriched those backward indians desperate for the Big Western Civilization and brought them Progress real hard. Even to this day indians still worship European men.

Thank you, Spain.

Cortés
kor-TES

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hernán_Cortés

But they still write it like in Spain.

Alright lads, ty

Largely because of poverty, yes, same reason Italians in the US gave rise to the American Mafia.

I can certainly see the atraction in sticking a knife on a guy like this.

I doubt you remember shit.

And they also suposedly write Moctezuma as we do in Mexico, you pick these things up I guess.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moctezuma_II

La Argentina es blanco!

Were born to see europe turning in a muslim shithole :(

ahbahahahbaehahhahahahahaghahaehahahahahaha

Come on, I and my family are still 100% white.

>But for how long?