Redpill me on Java

Redpill me on Java

Other urls found in this thread:

steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2006/03/execution-in-kingdom-of-nouns.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It just werks

Runs on everything

As a Java developer I can tell it can be pretty frustratiing at times (especially Enteprise Java) and it isn't obviously the right language for every kind of job, but on the other side there is reason why it's still the most popular language and why it won't die any time soon. Plus Java EE jobs are paid really good.

There are Pajeet memes because Java concepts can be easily abused when you don't know what you are doing, but yes, it's possible to write good and clean code in Java too.

its shit

It can run on everything from a toaster to a train except it doesn't run well

It's a good mix of control, structure and simplicity. You can't make everything in Java but it is pretty good for many use cases, from small to big projects. Performance is much better than you'd expect, garbage collection is fine, you have oo aspects, it's stable and runs on a bunch of different operating systems and hardware. It's the jack of all trades of programmibg languages, so good the only argument most autistic c and assembler loving Sup Forums users have is "muh pajeet". If you have fun wasting time on useless shit go ahead and write everything in c or assembler, but if you have something else to do in your life cinsider languages like java for most use cases.

>using proprietary software
It's slow, just use C++

kuso

it's like javascript, but completely different

It ain't that bad. People love to hate on it, but if portability matters, and being pretty reliable matters, then java is great. Very few instances of, "well it worked on my machine"

Syntax is shit compared to python and nearly every java programmer is a code monkey (and often a pajeet).

>Nearly every java programmer is a codemonkey
Ah yes because having a job is the ultimate sign of a cuck. Better hate on java because jobs are for losers who don't live in their mother's basement.
Fuck pajeets but also kys dood

public class ConnectionPoolManagerBeanFactory

Java is de.., long live C.

The forced OO is terrible, and encourages useless abstractions that lead to code that is harder to read than whatever it supposedly replaced. There are plenty of rants out there, and steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2006/03/execution-in-kingdom-of-nouns.html is still particularly accurate, over 11 years later.

Java looked amazing in 1999, it looks awful in 2017. Kotlin is your redpill. The glory of JVM and Java without the boilerplate.

I've been looking into the JVM (starting to write one), and it's amazing how simple the JVM is, and how little it has changed. The worst parts of it are the shit that's dictated by Java (type checking in a bytecode interpreter, seriously?), and honestly it seems like it could be adapted to real hardware quite easily--surprising no hardware JVM has caught on. I guess it's because JIT works even better.

You can have a non brainlet work you know, it also give more money you know.

>The worst parts of it are the shit that's dictated by Java (type checking in a bytecode interpreter, seriously?)
It makes sense in enterprise development. I personally like statically typed languages.

>surprising no hardware JVM has caught on.
JavaCard.

>having a job is the ultimate sign of a cuck
It literally is, though. Nice job taking the capitalist blue pill.

from what I understand OpenJDK is now reference implementation so since like 2015 or 2016 Java is FOSS

kotlin

Its good for enterprise software and phones

it just works

How is making money cucked?

C++ is just better