/pmp/ - portable media player

Where are my pmp brothers at? You're not retards who keep their music on their smartphones or, even worse, stream it, right?
So, what do you use and how do you like it?

Thinking of getting the xDuoo x3 and putting rockbox on it, anyone have one?

I have 2 well-worn Clip+ and a Clip Zip plus a pair of 1000$ IEMs.

Even I gave in to the streaming meme. It's just that much more convenient.

Just upgraded to 3.14. What am I in for?

>a pair of 1000$ IEMs

name?

InEar ProPhile-8

I got them for 1000$, MSRP's even higher

iPod Nano 5th gen

I have an iPod touch or whatever I never really use it though mostly just stream from my phone 2bh lol. Also its inability to play flac pisses me off and vlc on it is buggy as shit (granted I put vlc on it like 3 years ago and haven't really fucked with it since).

My phones headphone jack is fucked and I want to buy a decent cheap music player what would you guys recommend?

Rockbox support is a plus

ruizu

Thanks~

Screen failed on my clip zip recently, and the battery failed on my clip.

Anyone know of an inexpensive player that will run rockbox? Like less than $50

I do, I've had one around 3-4 months and it's only fucked up once, but that was because I was messing with the games on rockbox. It's been through the washing machine and still works.

recently dug up my 4gb 3rd gen ipod nano with the intent of installing rockbox. Apparently, rockbox isn't supported for it. It seems like I'm stuck with itunes. As of now, I'm using it for some podcasts and an autistic 53hr audiobook. It's surprising to see it still working after years of disuse, though. Everything still works and battery is still fine. Only problem it has are some vertical lines on the screen.

You don't need iTunes to sync, you can use Spotify and a few other music players to do it as well

dumbphone

>53hr audiobook
What book?

2nd gen iPod Mini

>that will run rockbox

Sony NW M505 and a pair of portapros

Breddy gud.

my phone. i want something i use voice control with and bluetooth for use in the car.

any good Cowon model ?

I know this technically isn't a pmp but I use a cheap phone and a dragon fly black(got it second hand for $50) as my portable set up. I'm definitely looking to upgrade because for some reason foobar+peaceGUI takes quite a toll on my desktop.
Do audiophile PMPs usually come with good EQs comparable to peace on windows? I'm thinking about getting one to use at my desktop.

better upgrade this with a higher capacity battery salvaged from some dead gadget!

I picked up this 5th gen iPod with a broken headphone jack, it was a bit inconvenient to have to control volume with the amp but I recently found out that if you turn the volume below -50dB it starts lowering the line-out volume. I set Rockbox to cap the volume at -50dB and now I can use the clickwheel for it again.

how well does it run rockbox these days? I heard anons complaining, also thinking about getting it unless I can find some cheap second hand deals, its 60 atm on gearbest