AMAZON BOWS BEFORE ALMIGHTY GOOGLE

BTFO

Who wins when Google and Disney fight?

apple

Well thank me for that haha

Chromecast is pretty swish I'm glad it's on amazon

Why would it matter if Amazon sells Chromecasts or not?

Do Americans actually go to Amazon.com to shop around for electronics?
I always decide on what I want to buy first, and then order it from the cheapest shop with a decent enough reputation.

>Why would it matter if Amazon sells Chromecasts or not?
It matters to Amazon because they compete with the Fire TV. It matters to Google because of the reciprocal arrangement of supporting Google-owned services on Amazon devices like the Echo Show.

>Do Americans actually go to Amazon.com to shop around for electronics?
Yes.
>I always decide on what I want to buy first, and then order it from the cheapest shop with a decent enough reputation.
Amazon has, with most American consumers, a superior reputation. But that's not the biggest issue. Prime is. Once you've ponied up for Prime you're incentivized to "get your money's worth" by shopping exclusively through Amazon.

The reason this all matters so much is not the consumer. It's trivially easy to get Google products anywhere, even brick-and-mortar storefronts, and as you said there are many online retailers for electronics. The issue here is that Amazon needs to make room for its IoT competitor if it wants its own devices to have a snowball's chance in hell, which they won't without the support of Google services.

There's no other place for electronics without getting raped

>Once you've ponied up for Prime you're incentivized to "get your money's worth" by shopping exclusively through Amazon.

Sounds like a scam.

>be Amazon
>they're mad because you aren't selling their shit in YOUR store
>they're making a big fuss about it
>fine guys I'll start stocking your products :^)

Who's really winning here?

Amazon never wanted to support competing Google services but then they were quickly reminded who owns Youtube and that going against Google is basically suicide unless you're China.

Yeah. Fucking corporate America. Shut, I tell you.

Not really, I just used my old student college account to knock it down to $50 a year for prime. Don’t get me wrong, shipping time has gotten much better in the last decade, but I signed up for prime because I’m tired of fucking waiting 5-8 days for an item to come in. I love only having to wait 2 days for shit. So I use amazon unless another site has an item for cheaper.

You don't just pay $50 for "prime".
You mostly pay more on each product because you're not shopping at the cheapest store.

With electronics it can make a huge difference.
I easily save hundreds of euro's per year picking the right shop.

>only having to wait 2 days for shit.

Anything over a day is considered slow here.
When I order before midnight I often have it the next morning.

>you mostly pay more for each product

Except I don’t, I still compare prices, I literally said that in my post. I just look for a seller on amazon who offers prime shipping AND is just as cheap as the bargain bin store. It’s that easy.

I buy all my electronics on amazon. I tried to buy a chromecast from there 2 years ago but alas

The $50 are worth it if you buy multiple things each months but I only order one thing (or less) in a year online. I sometimes wait between one and two weeks for my stuff and am totally fine with it. I absolutely know that sounds like a joke though.

You can LITERALLY get Prime for free if you have one of those Debit Card Gift Cards of Visa, just do it all the time and the 30-Day trial will never end.

newegg?

>implying google will not surf a lot in next crash

>Once you've ponied up for Prime you're incentivized to "get your money's worth" by shopping exclusively through Amazon.

No, once you've ponied up for prime you're incenivized to use it because you get free 2-day shipping on most items. Not to mention that their prices are normally the same as other online stores.

Dammit I sure am getting ripped off by having to pay that $50 a year for shipping on Amazon. I really could have just saved money by just paying for the shipping instead

lol no, faggot

I have student priced Prime. In a lot of cases Amazon is cheaper here for things I buy online, and "free" 2 day shipping is fucking great in Canada. It is also very reputable/safe to purchase from in my experience. If it isn't significantly cheaper elsewhere then I'll just buy on Amazon.

Don't forget to use you Twitch Prime sub :^)

No, but I am using it for watching grand tour.
Also I did a sum and for 2017, I spent a total of $20,924

if I can't buy it on amazon I usually just don't buy it. unless it's chinesium then I hit up ebay or gearbest.

>people taking googles side
>on Sup Forums of all places
huh i wonder if someone is collecting these threads as evidence of how identical Sup Forums is to reddit nowadays

Amazon Prime is enough to get many people to shop on Amazon almost exclusively.