pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

old

Other urls found in this thread:

40percent.club/2016/11/gherkin.html
ebuy7.com/item/xiudi-shame-xd96-96-key-mechanical-keyboard-custom-pcb-anodized-aluminum-metal-shell-kit-diy-edihdbgjedib
github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/gherkin
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>people will defend this
muuuu random expensive unicorn keys in das bag, muhahahahha

>30%
there is a point at which we needed to stop and we have clearly passed it but let's keep going and see what happens

>Topre variable weight or 55g? Looking at the grey realforce 87u, which is not available in 45g uniform (which would have been the safe choice). I've binned or sold all my old MX keyboards and need a new one for work.

>Use is programming and extended sessions of writing text. I touch type mostly.

Reposting this in the new thread. Is variable weight really that awful? My fingers got tired on long multi-hour sessions on MX blues and I enjoy clears a lot for about an hour of intense typing after which I feel like tossing the keyboard.

This is some sort of "I got a lobotomy so my brain isn't bloated" type of shit.

God dammit that keyboard makes me so fucking mad

Should I go Topre or MX Clears ?

You sound autistic

Both. Topre first.

this but replace mad with confused

So Cherry mx greens ye or nah?

I like buckling springs

>My fingers got tired on long multi-hour sessions on MX blues
I think u are just a sissy... christ blues are considered like the low-medium actuation force.

gateron clear

mfw this actually looks good, but unusable for me.

then get a buckling spring keyboard. There is no cherry switch that can mimic the feel. The closest non buckling spring style switch you'll get would be green or brown alps

You're not going to get that buckling spring feeling from clicky switches that use a jacket.

You'll probably find something closer to buckling springs if you get something with a click bar, like Kailh BOX Whites, or the new BOX Navy.

Click bar switches don't feel anything like buckling springs

>Click bar not like buckling springs
The thick clickbar is the closest to buckling springs drop, other than Alps switches.

decided to try out the mechanical keyboard meme and overpayed for a switch tester

Apparently Box Navy will be even more similar

Which switch did you like the bets?

>2 Esc
why tho

get cherry mx clears and dont bother with topre, they are just expensive rubber domes

They're probably backspace and shift.

When meming you takes what you can gets.

Sure, but they feel fantastic.

wow dude what keyboard is that? ive never seen that before

how do they feel compared to a 10$ or so rubber dome keyboard?

just buy a random switch and if you don't like them buy another keyboard, i just go with the mentality that its just another feeling nothing more

they are shift keys

And they feel nothing like buckling springs

not sure yet
I am planning on putting together my own ergodox sometime after Christmas. I want to use a lighter one for my pinkies, and a heavier one everywhere else.

Ah, a true typist.

>actually caring about ergonomics this much

>all kinds of random ass colors as filler
>not even the basics that have been around for years like the mx black or mx red
Fucking why

Buy an Unicomp keyboard if you like buckling springs.

unicomp keyboards sound cheaper than the old ibm ones though, and they are also less durable

>reddit
Those are the people that enable scam shit like zealios, so you shouldn't be surprised they're just begging to give away their money for nothing.

>104 keys
>needs 7 bits to represent
So, technically, a 7% keyboard should be possible. Maybe an 8% would be a bit easier to use.

So, presenting by 8% keyboard layout, in space-saving ortholinear form for maximum faggotry

how long does it take for mechanicalkeyboards.com to get more stock of keyboards that say out of stock assuming they are still sold?

exists, can confirm its too autistic to actually use

Sometimes instantaneous, sometimes never :(

Damn son. Well, you can't really get any lower than that without requiring multiple strokes for a single "press". But then again, I think 40% is too autistic to actually use so I'm clearly not the target audience

A keyboard with 3 keys. One is add 1 bit to 'selected byte', the other is minus 1 bit and the third is 'output byte'.

Nah, you need just 5 keys.
Ctrl, alt, delete, esc, and a pressure sensitive switch with 256 different levels to represent all of the ASCII charset.

yes, to write you can use less than 30 keys but the thing is that we have 10 fingers and you can use them all at the same time so 7 keys is just forcing it, there's a system to called steno they have like 24 keys, they work by pressing multiple keys at the same time, you write them in an abbreviated form and then by using a dictionary it gets autocompleted, its much more complexer system to implement or learn but the gain of speed is incredible and the stress on the fingers gets reducded, the problem is that shiti dictionary it requires maintenance and for a meme site like this with words that evolve so fast or are written down in a more flexible way it would make the maintenance very frustrating.

Nope, ulnar nerve condition in the right hand impairing use of the pinkie and ring finger. This is why I'm tempted to try the variable weight board. Also, I'm not a NEET and my job involves a lot of typing and editing.

So you can escape from that keyboard more easily.

They have extremely similar force curves (extremely in the sense that they are the closest cherry-clone ever). Look at the force curve, if only they had a stiffer spring it would have a higher start force like buckling, and the downstroke would go smoother into the bump making it almost linear.

Turn your trip back on faggot.

they really don't I don't see any reverb on the box switch and its not linear like buckling springs

he's afraid he'll get filtered

then definitely get 45g. Try a leopold.

topre, clears feel so much worse.

I am not buying this shit and I don't know what kind of a sane person would even buy this piece of junk. Seriously get the fuck out of Sup Forums

Calm down animeposter. Some people have a lot of money and no one to spend it on so they buy cute keyboards instead. Please be understanding.

I'll be building a gherkin in a few weeks.
Mostly for fun and to practice soldering, but they are programmable so you can do anything you want with it.
Also all this triggering is hilarious.

are people this weak that they need a filter to ignore posts?

i want to build 5 but the price goes over 100 dollardos

You have to understand the people that browse here are autistic enough that they filter anything that breaks anonymity. That's why name fagging and avatarfagging are a bannable offense.

I'm getting to a point where I actually need a keyboard this small.

Do they just sell ready made keyboards that small?

>I'm getting to a point where I actually need a keyboard this small.
And that point is?

yes, but they suck since they have locked firmware. If you need one tho magicforce has some cheap ones, and vortex has a more premium one

>this kills the blender

Imagine you have a second PC that you only use as a media center and you are too much of a fag to properly build your custom button pad with next/prev/play/pause/volume buttons.

no one sells a 30%, 40% sure but not 30%

>filter anything that breaks anonymity.
why would they care to filter others people anonymity? that's very autistic...

posting an image with your keyboard in a /mkg/ is not even close to avatar fagging

>can confirm its too autistic to actually use
You think user?

>very autistic

I need a keyboard to carry around every day
I'm aorry

No. They do group buys. But you can just order the pcb plates directly from China.
40percent.club/2016/11/gherkin.html

>locked firmware
Nope. They run QMK. Best keyboard firmware ever.

>They run QMK
No they don't. Why lie when you can google the keyboards I mentioned.

He said ready-made, show me any prebuilt, for sale now, not a massdrop, 40% or less keyboard that runs QMK.

I've wanted a cheap 96key keyboard for a while, yet I can never find any and if I do the group buy is always over. I did find this:
ebuy7.com/item/xiudi-shame-xd96-96-key-mechanical-keyboard-custom-pcb-anodized-aluminum-metal-shell-kit-diy-edihdbgjedib
before I pull the trigger I just wanna know if anyone has heard of this manufacturer or bought anything from them before. All the information I could find on this was in Chinese.

>locked firmware
vortex core is a locked down keyboard
the others run what ever werks so qmk

lolno

>CALLE CALLE

I wasn't talking about the keyboards you mentioned. I was talking about the "locked firmware" keyboard that in reality runs QMK. Hence the greentext.

github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/gherkin

No-one else but you is talking about the gherkin though.

Are you dyslexic? We were talking about prebuilts not whatever the fuck you're rambling on about.

>>

>ready made

>user asks for ready made keyboards
>brings up an overpriced custom

My dad got a Cherry G80-1000HAU he found in a bin at his work. It has cherry MX black and is in pretty good shape (just needs some bleach)

Is it any good? Is it worth money?

Apparently they're throwing tons of mech keebs at my dad's job but he can't really take them

Those keyboards are worth like 10-20 bucks. Its great if you want something cheap and mechanical.

That website looks incredibly shady, but I do know that KPrepublic is going to be selling that keyboard on their Aliexpress page soon since their Taobao groupbuy supposedly had them shipped on the 10th. You could try going to Taobao directly if you want it now, but I would not use that site you posted.

>Ready made
True there are none. I brought up Gherkin because said they have locked firmware.

>Overpriced
Is it really? You are sourcing all the parts yourself. Not from any one vendor.

Well I already have a model m and I really like it's bump so I don't I will use it. Are blacks this dull or are only the older ones like that? It feels like a slightly better rubber dome desu

Are you retarded? Go back and read everything again. You're in your own autistic little world

you could push it under 30$ per board if you already have like for example a 3D printer or a rotting machine to make the bottom part, the thing is that you have to build a minimum of 5

probably the age. blacks are linear and have no tactile feedback, unlike a rubber dome which does so i don't know how you got that comparison. maybe dirty switches

Relax mate. I said there were no ready made keyboards from the start. But encourgaged user to just order the pcbs. It's a great first project because it's so small.

I said that the premade keyboards had locked firmware you dunce. That's why they suck. I never said they all have locked firmwares. Learn to read please

Sorry I thought you meant people who sold second hand Gherkins, because user asked for keyboards like that. No company sells 30% keyboards so I didn't think you were refering to those you mentioned.

Why are there so few split mechanical keyboards

Why do so many mechanical keyboards use one of the worst USB connectors

Why do people use anything other than DSA keycaps

>he unironically uses DSA

>Why so few split
because they're shit

I just bought pic related (55g version), how much did I fuck up?

>rubber dome
very, they feel just like your normal office keyboard.

this. g20 is leagues better

Dear Sup Forums is it possi ble to get a keyboard like OP just posted , but instead of letters, its keys which you can label to open up apps and things? What are these called? Are there any like in OPs image which have already been made?

I am unsure what to look for.

Thank you.

no idea why the image is upside down

Its literally what the OP has. read the thread for more info

Not at all. They're nice as long as you know they're overpriced.