Dear faggots of Sup Forums, why aren't you running Linux? Windows is absolute garbage on desktop

Dear faggots of Sup Forums, why aren't you running Linux? Windows is absolute garbage on desktop.

The answer is the same as a decade ago "muh games"

>unable to download updates from "extensions.gnome.org" x

Windows is stupid only valid reason for it is if you like the games it supports. in which case you need to dual boot so you can do literally everything else on the linux side.

happens all the time
i wonder what the gnome devs are doing why and gtk has to go thru so many changes themes break after every upgrade

Do you know how fucking inconvenient is to restart the PC to play a game? If the WM passthrough shit was more refined, I would use Linux but I won't bother until then.

Linux is only for 2008 Thinkpads, on desktop PCs is absolute trash, specially on ones running discrete graphics.

Need to be able to use solidworks

>gnome devs
thinking there are even gnome devs is the best ruse

windows does everything i need to
macos does everything i need to at work

why would anyone purposefully use linux as a desktop?

This. I use Linux on my slow ass laptop. There's no reason to use Linux on a gaming computer though. Switch to windows 7 if you hate 10. And then fuck right off

Because I'm lazy. What's a good distro to start with?

I have a little bit of command line experience from some programming courses I've taken where we used a linux vm, so I'm not 100% new to linux. I hear Ubuntu is the most new user friendly, but I'm afraid if I used that I wouldn't be motivated to actually learn any of the underlying stuff.

>gaming
Yeah there isn't any reason to use it on a gaming computer but then again there's not much point in gaming

have you learned the underlying windows stuff?
if not, you won't suddenly start on a new OS because people want to treat their os as an invisible comfy background and not as the main focus while using it

>tfw ubuntu at work and arch at home

who /comfy/ here?

Because if i'm going to be an OS hipster, I'm going all the way. OpenBSD

1) I play video games
2) I have a job, so I need the Office suite (among other things)

>needing microsoft office at home

cringe

Yes I do.
I have a job with responsibilities.

What's your point?

I have three computers, all of them are on windows.

>my tablet
Windows tablet, Linux is shit for tactile
>my laptop
I use it for work, I need tools and softwares that do not exist on Linux
>my desktop
I play video games, I need Windows

If Linux fix any of the things above, I will use Linux.

It looks like Reddit is in the room.

Get a better job instead of being an office drone.

>Get a better job instead of being an office drone.
That's your response because I use Windows?
Change job?

Gee man, you put the bar too high for a fucking OS.
I'm a corporate manager in a IT support/solutions company, I like my job.
But I need Office among other things.

>fresh middle manager with a big ego
If you were competent, you could do your work at work and enjoy your freedom at home. Enjoy your PajeetOS.

Jesus man, did I stroke a cord or something?
I don't have a big ego, I used to be a basic engineer myself and I became low-ranked manager. No ego here. (Actually I don't want to go higher, I like the exploitation floor)

And I don't work at home because I don't do my job during the day, I get emails and requests from clients and techies all the time. I don't do a basic 9-5 job.

Why do I argue with you anyway, you're probably a student or a neet that does not understand priorities.
I'd like to see you tell your wife that you're going to change jobs because you don't like the OS you need to use.

>I'd like to see you tell your wife that you're going to change jobs because you don't like the OS you need to use.
kek

>limited vocab (reddit, drone, pajeet) sounds like he spends way too much time on Sup Forums
>is telling others to get a better job when he's never held one
>upon being called out he assumes others are the incompetent ones
huh interesting

Because I use Adobe CC software for work and I have friends to play vidya with.

>slaving away 24/7 for ungrateful clients at a job you'll be sick of in a few years
You'll want to move away in time.

If you don't spend a significant amount of your free time here, you're a normalfag that doesn't belong here to begin with.

>>slaving away 24/7 for ungrateful clients at a job you'll be sick of in a few years
Oh my, is that projection?
It's already been a few years and it's pretty nice. My current clients are chill people, so they're not ungrateful...

It seems like you had a bad experience mate, don't worry, not every place and every client is the same.
You'll learn with time.

Because we don't gaym and Microsoft and apple are shit companies tbch famalam

>Do you know how fucking inconvenient is to restart the PC to play a game?
Not very. It takes less time than it takes to boot up a console.

Lol. You have no friends.

>friends

Fuck off macfag

>I'd like to see you tell your wife that you're going to change jobs because you don't like the OS you need to use.

Wow what even is this screenshot. Looks like poor man's OSX

Who's the laughing_bitch on the right of Karlie?
Does she do anal too?

KUMMY IN KARLY

cringe

muh autoCHAD
Not everyone is a worthless hikki compiling the colonel all day

>too
Karlie does anal?

I am using it, just not with Gnome cancer. Are Gnome devs literally apes? Because their software looks like something apes would make.

Because I'm using OS X