I would like to upgrade my laptop CPU. On the bottom, the pins look like pic realted

I would like to upgrade my laptop CPU. On the bottom, the pins look like pic realted.

Is the laptop only compatible with cous with that same exact oin pattern?

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/Intel/Core_2_Duo_Mobile/T7250_(Socket_P).html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_2_microprocessors
forum.notebookreview.com/threads/pm965-800fsb-chipset-and-a-1066-mhz-fsb-cpu.306877/page-9
forum.notebookreview.com/threads/upgrade-the-processor-t7250.475002/
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core2 Duo T7250 @ 2.00GHz
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core2 Duo T7800 @ 2.60GHz
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core2 Extreme X7800 @ 2.60GHz
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core2 Extreme X9000 @ 2.80GHz
ebay.com/itm/192352378813
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The name and model of the CPU would be more helpful

I think you laptop can be compatible with other cous with the same oin pattern, but more detail would definitely help.

Theres a lot more to it than "physically fits in the socket"

Name and model number of your laptop?

No there isn't.
Also you dont' need my personally identifiable information like that, get out of here scammer/id thief.

if it doesnt fit, just use a hammer to tap it in

> What is a CPU compatibility list

this, if it's an intel chip, they engineer this thing called a "force fit override". it essentially means that the pens will bend into the correct position. I used to buy old business desktops and put the CPU's into thinkpads.

link? i personally dont think thats true ahah

Bait thread

ahah

It's an hour Compaq 6710b laptop.

The current cpu it has in it is Intel core 2 duo t7250@ 2.00ghz

okay yeah, this will work for sure

well for starters, yes, it has to be the exact pin pattern, otherwise I think the CPU base ( think you put the CPU on) has a name and u have to find a CPU with the same name, I tried to update my family PC's CPU one time and the base didn't even support any CPUs that were actually better, just my thoughts but I think its like the better cpu you have initially better you can upgrade to

oink

cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/Intel/Core_2_Duo_Mobile/T7250_(Socket_P).html

T7800 is your reasonable highest.

I looked for t7800 and the back looks different than mine

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_2_microprocessors

look for your CPU on there (ctrl-F T7250 enter)
basically you're looking at socket P, running at 800MHz
also, do not get a 1066MHz CPU into a socket P running at 800MHz. they simply do not work. source: forum.notebookreview.com/threads/pm965-800fsb-chipset-and-a-1066-mhz-fsb-cpu.306877/page-9

there's better (if you have money). you can get an X7800 or an X7900 (quad cores, check that your mobo supports the voltages and wattages)

if you do get a T7800, make sure you get stepping SLAF6 (it's socket P, what you have). do not get the T7800 with stepping SLA75 because that's a different socket (FCBGA6)

you may want to check on notebookreview forums if anyone's tried the combo of upgrade (your laptop model + your CPU of choice). sometimes there's ppl who successfully do those kinds of swaps, and others who report it doesn't work.

chances are it's the wrong stepping and for a different socket as mentioned in

oh wait I noticed the X9000 also runs at 800 MHz
that should be the top model you can get.
the X9100 runs at 1066MHz so it's a no-no

some people report positive experiences, but they don't have your specific laptop.
forum.notebookreview.com/threads/upgrade-the-processor-t7250.475002/

> X7800 or an X7900 (quad cores
correction. not quad core. just unlocked multipliers
same for X9000

the core 2 quads are all 1066MHz

ahah

I just re-read the listing. that IS the correct CPU and stepping

it's the PINS that matter. the circuitry in the middle has no bearing and may be different for different models of the same generation CPUs (merom)

Those are pga, dont know the socket type but as long as you find out what socket type that is then find the fitting replacement. you should be fine.
Most likely will be AMD or older intel.

Alright cool thanks everyone.

So you are certain this t7800 will work on my laptop even though the back looks different? About to buy but I don't want to blow money and end up getting the wrong thing

Also just because it fits doesn't necessarily mean it will work but normally it does so do a double check.

you can also get an X7800, an X7900, or an X9000

compare benchmarks
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core2 Duo T7250 @ 2.00GHz
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core2 Duo T7800 @ 2.60GHz
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core2 Extreme X7800 @ 2.60GHz
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core2 Extreme X9000 @ 2.80GHz

best price performance ratio is probably this listing on ebay
ebay.com/itm/192352378813

Ok thanks. So you are super certain the last link you posted will work, even though it looks different from the back? About to order but want to be sure sure

if you wanna make sure you could just call a pc store

that's an ES CPU = engineering sample CPU. It may not work as a normal CPU, or it my work.

>this whole thread

Try pic related OP

that's great

>PGA
Is that a Pentium 2?

PGA is still used in laptops

I didn't notice that part. bummer. I thought they were supposed to be extra expensive, and intel cracked down on them.