Why do Australia and America share so many cultural similarities? Australians are more like Americans than brits...

Why do Australia and America share so many cultural similarities? Australians are more like Americans than brits. What caused this?

What's your evidence

no

brits actively try to not get anything into american cause it subconsciously damages their collective ego

australians dont so they are influenced by uk and us evenly

thats about it

It's literally true though. Australia is all American influence now. Probably because you abandoned them in ww2 so they turned to america to help?

also the funniest part is despite all of that brits are americanized as fuck but they will not admit it

Not really they resemble brits in many ways and also have their own unique culture. Their accent is more Similiar to a British accent. Canucks resemble us more than aussies

The two children have different but similar characteristics to their parent object, not so unusual.

youre confusing 'being us' with being influenced by us

Aussies and americans both have that "wild" personality that the brits or Canucks dont have

That has more to do with having a frontier background and a large amount of unsettled land to play with.

That's really more of a new world vs old world thing

very superficially. there's almost two societies in america imo.

one of them is like australians, seem to lack a filter and are very upfront and blunt without an air of politeness.

in the nicer major cities they are much more polite and relaxed like canadians, don't have a try hard obnoxious mentality like the aussies do.

we are only one step away from being american with the only difference being that we play patrician sports

>tfw sydney and melbourne youngsters sound like americans now

Canucks have a bunch of land but they are more quiet and passive and effeminate

america is diverse imo. the "wild" mentality is rare in the north-east, north-west, colorado, bay area and the border states. its everywhere else though.

most people look down on those social graces as bumpkin-like, similar to how a lot of french and germans tend to see american tourists/arabs/turks as unrefined.

Americans are Puritan idiots. Australians are criminal idiots.

Britain is a veritable nexus of culture and refinement.

>Americans are Puritan idiots. Australians are criminal idiots.

>Britain is a veritable nexus of culture and refinement

think you've been reading into too many Sup Forums memes friend

eh, the backpacker Canadians I've met here and the few I met when I was in the states all seemed like bottoms to me

i wouldn't say passive and effeminate. the canadian middle class is more laidback and easygoing and social expectations don't favor confrontation mentalities.

aussies i've met are usually way too blunt and offputting. its like they are trying way too hard to show off or impress people.

nah

canada and america are much more comparable. they are the anglosphere countries with the laxest gun laws

No it isn't. Brit living in Aus here who also lived in America and you're talking shite. Lots of yank tv shows, but that can be said for Britain too. Large houses but that's because Aus has space. culturally, not at all.

Maybe Half/half
Most of the Americanisation occurs through pop culture

They dont sound anything like americans you dumb retard.