/spg/ - Smartphone General

>Where Is /spg/ When I Need It Edition 2

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previously on /spg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_685216.html?wid=11)
en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1019893&page=1
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-15/china-s-top-phone-makers-poised-to-challenge-apple-on-home-turf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Phone advice for a poorfag?

My mom bought a Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 for 220€ but I think it's not worth it.

Would the LeEco Le S3 for 90€ (gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_685216.html?wid=11) be a better deal or is there any other cheaper and better smartphone you'd recommend?

Thanks in advance.

That phone is fine. If you wanna go chink then go xiaomi. Xiaomi redmi note 4 comes to mind.

Lads quick help me choose, a refurbished Samsung S5 or Samsung Note 4?

Just ordergot d the iPhone X and it will arrive Monday. Pretty hyped to have the best phone in existence.

Good for you, user!
Why are you hyped, though? How is it going to improve your life?

Note 4

Leeco le max 2

Is there a way to unlock the Redmi Note 4x's bootloader without waiting for the chink's to approve my request for the unlock?

Animoji karaoke

Nayy

I was under the impression Samsung oversaturated their displays and offsetted white to slightly blue since something tinted slightly blue looks whiter than white.
Developers figured since most android users would be Samsung users and other manufacturers followed suit, they dulled the colours to compensate.
The Pixel 2 actually shows true, dull colours developers made. I think Google gave an update so you could adjust the display colour settings.

He's an idiot. Pixel 2 uses an Samsung panel.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro, considering all, still king.

This

That's a pretty funny way to spell Pixel 2.

Is there some shim or mod I can install to prevent this nagging? I usually just hit cancel and the game works fine without it

Got an A5 2017 recently. Did I do good?

I just want them to actually announce the Redmi Note 5 already.
Speaking of which, Mi Mix 2 or Mi 6?

redpill me on the one plus 5t

Seconding this
I'm quite tempted, my Xperia Z is showing it's age

chink botnet

>been using an iphone 6s for 2 years
>wanna get a op5t
>but i would like to get a great camera in the phone as well

it's the only thing that's stopping me from buying it, i'd get the pixel 2 xl but it's not available in my county

any suggestions?

Elephone P9000 or LeEco Le Pro 3?

>mediakek vs Snapdragon

hmmmmm

Considering the A series is like Galaxy lite I'd say you did good considering it's price.

:(

About to pull the trigger on a G5 Plus

Any other alternative that might be same price same performance?

i did gud?
(yes i know i could have bought all new, not used, le max 2 for 210 usd, but >muh extra dollars, plus shipping time)

Hey guys, after seeing the recommended chink smartphone list I was thinking of getting the Redmi 4x. The problem is, if I buy it from Gearbest, there is a risk of it getting stuck in customs here in Portugal, which would mean I'd have to pay out my ass to get it back. I guess my question is what's the best way to get that phone here in Europe? The portuguese xiaomi website is completely out of question, seeing as everything is marked up about 50€ there.

How do you cope with not having a headphone jack anymore?
it seems like a scary prospect to haul around adapters

Why bother with chinkphones when you can get last year's flagship gookphone at this bargain? Even has a removable battery

I use bluetooth headphones. They sound the same as they do when plugged in.

Maybe it's a good thing I'm not some autistic audiophile.

My 2yo Nexus 6 screen cracked yesterday, currently looking for a replacement phone around £300~ with good battery life, 5inches~ and decent specs all around, with support for LTE B20.
I've been looking at xiaomis but their support for B20 isn't so great. Any other brands which I should check out for similar price range?

>chinkphones
>last year
>removable battery
because I don't enjoy wasting the little money I have on trash

But it's an LG Phone...

I hate being terrified 24/7 of my phone breaking

Screen protector and case.

IM GONNA THROW A FIT

No
I mean just failing by itself
I rarely leave home and never drop my phone

What phone should i buy for 1$?

Spanish Amazon / Xiaomi store

Android oreo update for LG when? I've been waiting for too long

Poorfag here, thinking about getting a ZenFone 4, is it worth 220€? Are there better options for that price?

Phone with best camera except Galaxy S8?

Pixel, HTC U11(+), LG V30. Probably a few others that escape me at the moment.

Should be coming before the end of the year.

I recently got a Xiaomi Mi5 and I haven't been able to get the wifi to work properly, I have a thread up on the MIUI forums:

en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1019893&page=1

Apparently this is a common problem with this chinkphone so I figured maybe someone on g also ran into this and found a solution. Would really appreciate the help my bros.

>US
> $600
>Verizon
Is the Pixel 2 the best option? The no headphone jack might be a deal breaker for me.

I need to upgrade my Nexus 6.
I was looking into getting the Pixel 2 XL, but I don't have the money to buy one. At least, not without cutting into my savings.

Any good alternatives to the Pixel 2 XL? Would it be possible to get most or all of the hardware benefits of a Pixel 2 with some chinkshit at more than half the cost?

Need urgent help folks.

I'm about to buy a second hand phone but I want to make sure if it is truly unlocked.

It's a unit from T-Mobile. From what I've gathered already, if it's a second hand phone and it's locked, the initial owner needs to request that.

Is there any other way to properly verify if the phone is unlocked without slapping in another sim? For some circumstance I don't have a different carriers sim available.

>buy iPhone
>miss android

>buy android
>miss iPhone

Still don’t know how to deal with this

Aaaa I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE
do i get a redmi 5, redmi note 4, or a leeco le pro s3 x626?

That seems weird. What are the failure rates of phones that don't get broken by accident anyway?

No idea
my current phone's power and volume buttons are very mushy and they've become like this in quite a short amount of time with no particular abuse from me
My last phone's battery expanded and the one before that had its camera suddenly fail for some reason

Daily Reminder to never buy an Huawei phone outside of EU and chinkland or otherwise you'll be stuck with the same version of Android forever pic related.

Fuck it. I'll just buy it then make a claim on Paypal if it's not unlocked.

>150 USD
>need a phone
>mexico
somebody help me

What about LG G6 or V30, also a regular pixel..whats your budget?

The cheaper the better, though I'd likely not want to spend anywhere beyond $300. A phone around $200 is preferred.

I'd also like a phone with a screen as large as my current Nexus 6, if that matters.

kys

Any cheap chink sd835/sd821 phones yet?

Why should I buy Nokia 6 and why not?

The mi a1 seems so thin and uncomfy

After switching to Android I don't miss iPhone at all. Fuck outta here with your iTunes and paying for apps

get both

long time android user here, just got an iphone 7 from work (had a 5c a while ago too). seems nice for normie stuff but i like tinkering with shit so i can't see myself switching away from android for my personal phone. but android phones are getting too expensive nowadays and i don't know what to upgrade to from my LG G3. i might just fall for the meme A1 meme

I managed to score a HTC desire Z (T-mobile G2 in the states) for a tenner. Should be here by Tuesday.
I originally bought it out of nostalgia, but looking into it theres actually custom roms for it up to android kitkat. This makes me wonder if I could actually use it as my main phone. If all I do is light browsing, whatsapp and clover, would a 2010 single core android be sufficient?
I'm not expecting it to be fast, but as long as its not constantly crashing or taking literal seconds to go to the home screen etc I'd be fine. Anyone have any experiences using 5+ year old phones?

Moto G4 Play in Amazon
Get Movistar

can someone post some photos taken on a oneplus 5t so i can pull the trigger on it already, it's the only thing preventing me from getting it

most freedom respecting smartphones that aren't memes like the librem 5

any good deals on the s8 out there? or is it better to get an s7 off ebay for like 225

This is it. Samsung has a display mode for more accurate colors but it's on a more saturated mode by default.

Pixel 2 is like $300 right now on Verizon so yes.

OnePlus

What do you guys think Cat S41. Great battery and has lots of protections from damages. The only bitter thing is that there is no root support I can find. The performance might also no be good for me. I dont need it to game or something like that. Are there any alternative like that?

Nokia 6 (2018) coming in January

maybe the lg g6? It has a good camera according to reviewers.

Any specific model?

Any cheap chink phones with a good camera for video recording?

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-15/china-s-top-phone-makers-poised-to-challenge-apple-on-home-turf
>Huawei Technologies Co. and Xiaomi Corp. are in talks with U.S. wireless operators about selling flagship smartphones to American consumers as soon as next year, according to people familiar with the matter.
is america saved?

5T?

Opinions on the new creatively named Razer Phone?

it's shit

Its alright just basic comparatively. Would be better if cheaper

Looks a bit out of my price range, unless there are places I can get it cheaper that I don't know about.

Looking for purchase advice:
Carrier: Verizon
Features: A fingerprint sensor would be nice, but not too picky as long as it doesn't suck
Budget: Under 500$, preferably closer to 400$
Size: Had a galaxy s5, liked the size, but am open to bigger phones

My contract is up for renewal. Seems like the best phone I can get without paying extra is the Note 8. Should I? It doesn't seem to have any major issues.

isn't the pixel 2 $300 off for verizon right now
take a look at that

Its a good phone

Not quite. It's a $300 voucher off the full price if you do the 24 month purchase plan. So they spread it out over 24 months towards each payment, starting 1-2 months after you sign on and get the phone.

A real bummer, because an instant $300 off would be fucking great.

kind of, it's a pay up front then they apply 300$ worth of credit to your bill over 2 years. I'm definitely looking at it since it's so highly reviewed, but but I wish I could just pay everything up front and be done with it

should I just go for samsung j7+ or are there better phones >$500

prolly the a1

Nah, you good ma8

Same as me. I just carry both like a tard.

It's shit don't bother. Search review site dammit.

Just looking for input on a trade I might make.

I have a samsung note 4 I don't like to use. I put an ad up to trade it and someone replied with trading for a Moto G 3rd gen.

Thoughts? I do need a smaller phone. I don't game.

Need a phone with a decent phone camera .

Leaning towards Nokia 8 because it's a bit more affordable and I want to buy outright

anyone got any experiences with it?

>USA
>Good DAC
>Not Phablet sized
>MicroSD support
>Good battery life

Is it true Xperia phones don't have fantastic sound quality despite being advertised as having it?

Also, how's the HTC 10's battery life? The prices I'm seeing for them are pretty appealing.