Is MIT a scam?

Is MIT a scam?

youtube.com/watch?v=WIU-79QlKa4

Other urls found in this thread:

ocw.mit.edu/courses/womens-and-gender-studies/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's a nice credential for those with no work experience / references

kek you won't even find be able to find an internship without work experience or references when you're in MIT

it's not a scam, they know they're getting a recognized name to put on their resume

There is massive amount of complete CS education sources online for free that it's more than realistic to study it without going to uni. I'm ok admitting that I'm a lazy slacker who would not keep such level of self-discipline and dedication for an year. I've taken some entry-level cryptography, operating system and distributed systems courses on my own which are post-grad on my uni and I really had to force myself to keep up with some time plan. But I also like sleeping 16 hours on weekends and spending endless nights playing some stupid game.

MIT is as much of a "scam" as any "degree".
You pay for the name brand which is great on a piece of paper when you need a job

assuming all else constant MIT's brand is worth more than many others. Usually the ROI for MIT tuition is proportional to the salary you will acquire post grad.

A small smart minority can avoid the hassle of paying for degrees and wasting years of life shuffling papers. Ofcourse, daddy's money always helps.

Is it still valid though? I've seen Zuckerberg and Musk saying you don't even need a degree to work at their companies as an engineer. I don't even know if this is an actual trend in American companies or just some tech billionaires saying that stuff for good publicity

Trend sure but its not yet a good way to go. I work as a programmer for a stock exchange w/o a degree under the condition that I would go back to school. I agreed to go back mostly because I have a bit of a hard time finding jobs without it even though I feel its boring at worst and damaging at best at least I don't have to go into debt for my piece of paper.

undergrad, yes

getting into MIT just means you had strict parents in highschool

Just lie and say you have a degree. It's difficult or impossible to verify anyway.

>Is it still valid though?
Outside of the startup hubs, yes.

I started working for a startup as a software engineer while I was in high school, and did that for a few years.
When I began looking for another job, I found it basically impossible. Because I didn't have a degree, I was almost immediately rejected.
There was even one company whose online application system would give you an error and not submit if your "highest education" section did not include a bachelor's degree.

I had to enroll in school to get my BSCS, and now I'm working as an intern with 6 years of professional experience as a software engineer.

The problem is that you have HR review all candidates. They know literally zero about what they're hiring for, so they take incredibly broad specs from the hiring manager and build a job posting for it.
Human Resource departments are the scourge of the Earth.

Yeah, just got out of this hellhole, I'm glad I'm too much of a brainlet for MIT/CalTech/whatever else soyboy numale bullshit college, cause they're also wastes of money. Public education is still leagues ahead of kike scamming private/ivy education.

>Is it still valid though? I've seen Zuckerberg and Musk saying you don't even need a degree to work at their companies as an engineer
What a CEO says and what the HR niggers do are two very different things.
HR and hiring people in general want to hire people who are proven, in some way or another. Uni is a credential that's hard to ignore, it shows that you went through 4+ years of presumably hard work or high workload and came out of it fine.
Personal projects are a good bonus (if you went to uni) but if that's all you've got, you better have been able make something that's equivalent to the second coming of Jesus.
Plus, there's another perspective you have to consider. Zuck and Musk see programmers as a money sink, especially considering how much they spend on them. Sure, returns are good now, but eventually they want to expand their revenue. A lot of these west coast companies are advocating for CS education to become ubiquitous. It sounds charitable enough, but their true motive is to turn the entire industry into blue collar work, so they can pick and choose people certified from Karlie's Kode Kamp for programming work instead of dropping 6 figure salaries on someone graduating from an accredited university. The way they see it, those people are more suited for higher level, software architect positions. As a result, they start indoctrinating the idea that anyone can work for them, so that eventually it becomes a reality. For the time being, however, it's much harder to land a job at Tesla or Facebook without a uni degree. Eventually, that's gonna go away, and their CEOs are preparing the public for the eventuality of CS becoming (more) mediocre (than it is).

why is it always jews who ruin everything

>Beijing-Bombay University - Atlanta Campus
>Comparable with any University in Boston or California
kek

Hey I go to georgia tech

Hi Jamal

Have fun, my man. I just walked today. Got a job lined up close to campus, so I'll still be there. Great pay for Atlanta too.

>spent like 10k for all 4 years of college, thanks to HOPE, paid in full out of pocket thanks to an internship I landed after my second year
>got a degree that guarantees employment in the state, and gives me a considerable leg-up elsewhere
>cost effective as fuck
>any job I want
>300k starting
I don't really care, I'm just preaching state universities. If you got a decent scholarship from the aforementioned Boston/Cali universities, good for you.
>muh pajeet ching chang infestation
If you can't pick and choose classes that aren't immigrant, nu-male memes (ie, ML or whatever popular technology of the month), then you deserve everything bad that happens to you.

Aren't pretty much all MIT students just autists?

I did my undergraduate there. It's really a scam and the facilities are awful.

I'm not in Burgerland but if I were american I wish I'd went to MIT.
I used to be all ">feels bad man" when I was undergraduate. Then I started watching these MITOCW lectures for free.Walter Lewin physics lectures, Gilbert linear algebra lectures and so on. Baby's first course on quantum mechanics, applied maths like statistics, also MITOCW.
Big names in AI like Winston, Marvin are also available. And I didn't spend a dollar apart from the internet access and electricity bill.
I reached top /comfy/ness levels when I was watching the SICP lectures, taking notes and pretending I was an MIT student and taking the class for real.
Then few years back, I saw that based Walter Lewin was fired for online harassment without much proofs and the lectures taken down, and browsing MIT's classes I saw that MIT has a WHOLE department on women studies and feminism. I read through the syllabus out of curiosity and it was basically tumblr tier "muh empowerment", "traps are not gay" and "men owe women because reasons and don't question my authority for I am a woman". And people take these classes. And these people pay full price for it. In an "institute of technology".

>He thinks going to college is just about completing a curriculum.

I never heard the womyn studies department of MIT making any buzz, so i just asumed that it didn't existed, but knowing that it does is a estrange feeling, i see little to no use for it, that a tutor with 4 lectures per trimester would not do.

ocw.mit.edu/courses/womens-and-gender-studies/
Look at all of these special snowflake courses.
I don't want to get started into writing a wall text reply about how these entitled idiots anger me.

From history and mythology and ultimately genetics they will probably turn out to be the reason the species gets whiped out. There's your answer fermat. Look up samson option.

damn did anonymoose or whatever surface any details on those Walter Lewin accusations? Was he tricked by some feminazis?

College "education" is a scam. You pay for the recognization. When you consider that you can get a 200k+ job starting after graduation it's not a scam at all. A top tier public university with in-state tuition might be a better deal though. Really only U.C Berkeley compares to the top private schools like MIT though. Anything else and your chances are much lower.

This guy seems more like a scam than anything else.

almost all college is a scam now, college stopped educating and started indoctrinating a long time ago, look up a classical education and educate yourself

blah blah blah, what a dufus

what i got out of college was my fraternal brothers, we're all rich now because we all scratch each others backs, you can get the same thing outside of college by joining a good church or something like rotary club

get into the oven jew

Unless your parents make like$400k/year, you won't be paying close to full price at MIT

If they earn under 100k it's close to free

Most top-25 colleges are like this

>good church
That explains why the country club churches are so damn degenerate. You really can't serve both God and mammon.

>Samson option destroys all European cities
>they are 100% diverse by this time anyway
best timeline we can hope for

How much are you getting payed?