Does Spain's economy really rely on tourists...

Does Spain's economy really rely on tourists? I always assumed it was bullshit but the other day I actually saw it on TV too.

That's pathetic desu. And if it's true, why are we even first world when there's poor countries with better tourist attractions? By first world I mean comparable to the rest of western Europe in wealth, infrastructure, etc. And why is the south of Spain so poor despite all the tourists?

>first world
maybe it's because you are europeans and some totally believe: euro = first world even though you're going through a financial crisis

>southern spain
who knows, but some spaniards often answer that question with the following: WE IZ DA NORTH MASTAAA RACE

Our economy has been designed in brussels by Germans, enjoy your life my waiter friend.

>Spain
>first world

it is true. Tourism is more important for Spain than for most of Latin American.

Spain has many wealthy neighbours in Europe who go to the beach there, and leave their currency in Ibiza or Mallorca or Marbella or Canarias.
That money allows Spain to pay much of their imports.

Spain is a great country for a foreigner who does tourism, you have great beach tourism and great medieval, renaissance and barroque architecture.

Slavs are europeans too but seriously set behind the rest and no one pretends they are first world. we are going through shit, the main issue being that certain industries are underdeveloped and people graduating on that is doomed unless they move out, but we're undeniably first world, but if we rely on tourism I don't understand why latin america isn't richer than us.

Tourism industry = poverty

Tourism
Construction (not anymore,even though now i see some cranes but it's not like before)
Agriculture (señorito mentality)

There you go, and dont even try to start a company or they crush you with taxes

I'm not a waiter, I said I'd prefer it if we didn't rely on tourism, I'm obviously not in that industry. And if I was I think I'd rather be a cook or something.

and latin america has absolutely insane nature and beaches, it doesn't even compare

Vienen aquí por que es barato, ya la unión europea se encargo de exterminar la industria española, para que seamos camareros de por vida

I make 1300€/month working in a hotel lads and im in the lowest rank. Too bad my contract finishes the 31st and I have to go back to reality

I hate taurus brand
Why do you import that shit here?

1300 a month isnt bad for the lowest rank. and maybe what you find next is better, you've been getting better at your job during this contract after all

>working in a hotel
Lel, pleb

Last year Brazil received 6.3 million tourists (a country with over 200 million people)
And Argentina 5.7 million tourists (40 million people)

Spain gets over 60 million tourists every year, last year it was almost 70 millions.
And from wealthy countries like the UK, Germany, Scandinavia, Benelux.

Many of the tourists Brazil gets are Argentines who go to the beach there, and many of tourists Argentina gets are Brazilians who come to Buenos Aires or to the sky resorts in Patagonia.

Both Brazilians and Argentines spend far less dollars per day in the countries they visit as tourists than Germans or Englishmen.

>let's have a currency that makes you compete 1:1 with Germany. What can go wrong?

80% in Spain are working in that

Spain is europes holiday resort

I know that but I still kind of assumed it was a small drop for our economy not it's core wtf i hate EU now

Then Spain is 80% pleb

Dime y de que sirve la puta industria del turismo? para tener un puto 20 % de paro de por vida?

>some totally believe: euro = first world
Does that apply to Poland too? really makes me think

Slavs are Asian

>work 8 consecutive hours then gtfo back home
>dont have to do extra hours
>dont even have to waste my real salary to put petrol in the car because i get tips
>no night shift and relatively an easy job

i dont see your point

El turismo es bueno como complemento de la economía nacional, no como la base, a no ser que seas una nación del caribe como Jamaica y no tengas otra opción.
Lo malo es que en épocas de crisis lo primero que hace la gente es abandonar los lujos, como las vacaciones, y eso golpéa más a las naciones que dependen del turismo.
Uno no puede dejar de comer, pero puede dejar de ir de vacaciones a otro país.

Euro is a fucking shit lad, Honestly poland is better than Spain now

I think by euro he meant Europe not the currency.

You're literally a servant

está claro que solo con el turismo no se puede abastecer un país, pero de momento no parece que vaya a haber otro sector que vaya a mjorar y a crear empleo... es una situacion chunga y mo le veo solucion a corto plazo

so a normal pleb job?

>Honestly poland is better than Spain now
that's a little far fetched, however, i actually think that poland will get ahead of us within our lifetime. the eu screwed us

No hay industria no hay nada, nosotros en los 80s competimos contra países como Corea del Sur, ahora que? Esto es un país de pandereta para bailarle el bombo a los putos alemanes

>poland will get ahead of us within our lifetime
That's a given 2bh, I'd expect that in next 10-15 years.

now

for 1300 + tips is not that bad for a normal pleb job
welp for the moment it's what i have, it doesnt mean i will always work there, i am ok with it

Not really, the average salary here is 1000€ now and I guess it's closer to 1500€ in Spain.

Who has ever been a servant never stops being a servant

And France too

No Jobs here lad

1700 or so in spain, but you have lower col as well

we just can't enough of spain

if that's what you think... but i was 19 when i started doing that job and i had to pay my studies so i didn't have other choice, maybe if you were in my situation you would have done the same

It's all the Euro and Germany's fault. Join the winning team and tell the EU to go fuck itself!

please stop vomiting in our beaches

I wouldn'. My parents pay for my studies
I think that if you don't have money to raise your child in decent conditions, you shouldn't breed

Brits are ok, I don't care about tourism, the problem is, Spain needs industry, with Franco we are a industrial country.

2% and 3% unemployment rate

How many Spaniards emigrated since 2008?

Stuff is like 1,5x more expensive in Spain than here so you still have a little edge over us.

t. NEET posting from Siberian gulag

we were *

damn thanks guys i guess

dont bother bro he's russian.

Around 2 millions.

UK, latin america, France germany, USA and poland

Poles and Spaniards are so similar.
really makes you think

damn thats cold

to raise a child you need not only money but also to be mentally stable. however not everybody is born with parents like that and when it happens to you your only option is to make the best of it with the resources you have, also its actually kinda nice to make it and know that its fully earned

Probably
From what I saw in Portugal, Poland is already ahead of it
Prices are higher there though. I think polandboo can afford almost the same goods as spainbro (a bit lower, but close)

How does it feel to be rich, Boris IV Gradov? I never knew that feel

I understand your point but i had no choice so... at least i have work experience (and money) while my former classmates didn't work at all and still had to ask for money to their parents being +20, i found that a bit embarrassing for them

>From what I saw in Portugal, Poland is already ahead of it
I mean, ahead of Portgual, reaching Spain

Europe union is a fucking shit,.

You're doing great m8, don't listen to my friend Ivan

Well, France was the country to propose the Euro in the first place, so what is your point complaining?

No, it's pretty cool 2bh

Not entirely
EU money for Boland - good, freedom of movement - good
euro - shit

S O O N

Sorry, I made you cry and now feel awful

For you, because you receive tons of euro money,

Spain is paying debt to german Banks, they have the power in our economy

I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight Boris Gradov

You just had to ask properly and you would get some money too

But EU built ton of highways and high speed rail in Spain, didn't it?

Yes I did with german money, now We are paying them with debt.

Muh AVE

we did '

>built
Not yet. We're still paying the rails nobody is going to use.

El paro de mierda en España es consecuencia del abndono escolar, elmercado laboral inflexible y de la gente trabajando en negro reportándose como desempleados. No tiene nada que ver con el turismo.

You mean those highways in Andalusia nobody uses?

And the airports.

No, all highways in Spain that most of are actually used.

Díselo a los 1000 ingenieros que no tienen empleo makina

Mira, yo estudié en España la carrera de economía, al terminar recibí varias ofertas de trabajo y la mayoría de mis compañeros tienen trabajo o están estudiando.

Si esos ingenieros (que lo tienen más fácil que los economistas) no encuentran curro es porque son estúpidos, no hay otra.

pero si cualquier ingenieria tiene como mucho un 5% de paro de que estas hablando
otra cosa es que no cobren 5000€ al mes

too late, it's done too much damage and now we depend on them.