What the fuck is going on with the monitor market? This piece of ugly shit is going for $800...

What the fuck is going on with the monitor market? This piece of ugly shit is going for $800. It looks very cheap and gimmicky, why would anyone pay

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/samsung-samsung-28-4k-uhd-60hz-1ms-gtg-tn-led-freesync-gaming-monitor-u28e590d-black-titanium-silver-u28e590d/10383477.aspx
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAB716DB9827&cm_re=pixio-_-9SIAB716DB9827-_-Product
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck, pressed enter before finishing the post.
why would anyone pay that much money for something that looks this way. Why aren't other supplies creating competition, why doesn't a single decent 144hz 1440p panel exist that doesn't suffer from backlight bleed or shite colours? Why are we going for 4k if we can't even master this?

It checks every box for something you would want in a monitor. Curved displays also aren't terrible once you get used to them. Sure you can get a monitor for half the price or less, but it probably won't have a 165hz refresh rate, 1ms of input lag and g-sync.

yeah i just settled on the dell 165hz 1440p monitor because even if the colors are meh it doesnt look like it was designed for a 12 year old

G-sync.

What is the point of 1440p on 27"? Or did you get the 23,8" version?

How do you know it suffers from backlight bleed or shit colors ?

I understand you don't like the gaymur aesthetic bu you can get your own vesa stand and replace it.

yeah mine is about 24 inches

there is a 27 inch as well though

well just from that picture it has all the gaymer stuff
people buy gayming chairs at that price so you do the math

What do you mean what's the point? Im running 1440p on a 27" right now with literally no problems. My monitor actually can go to 4k, but some things still have scaling problems in 4k, and I have to drop all my vidya down to 1440p anyways (my gpu is kind of dated) so it doesn't even matter. I can't really tell much of a difference between the two resolutions if I'm not playing a game or watching a movie or something. And downloading 4k movies isn't really practical for me at all, since I dont have the money for a 4tb SSD and fiber isn't offered in my city

I'm just sad because there doesn't appear to be an alternative.

Yeah, the 23,8" version is the best gaming monitor you can buy in terms of value/performance. Still very expensive for me though.

I just wish more companies made high refresh rate panels with 1440p in the 23-25" range instead of the popular 27" which is barely any difference from 24" 1080p.

bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/samsung-samsung-28-4k-uhd-60hz-1ms-gtg-tn-led-freesync-gaming-monitor-u28e590d-black-titanium-silver-u28e590d/10383477.aspx

I have this monitor and have no complaints. Although I got mine for $299CAD, so it might be worth it to wait for it to go on sale after christmas or something. I dont really know why they have to call it a "gaming monitor" though, but I like how the power light turns off when you turn it on

If you only want 1440p for more screen estate, there is no problem. But it doesn't make sense to me to go with 1440p on a 27" if you are doing it for more graphical fidelity.

>why doesn't a single decent 144hz 1440p panel exist that doesn't suffer from backlight bleed or shite colours?
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAB716DB9827&cm_re=pixio-_-9SIAB716DB9827-_-Product

>165 hz

How long until we get 256hz?

Also what is the point of curving a tiny screen like that?

I don't understand the question.
Have 1440p 27" for at least 4 years now and try that it's not enough. It looks grainy and unpleasant compared to my 1440p 14".

Wish I had a 4k IPS screen with the GPU that can run that.

are you an idiot?

1440p on 27" is like over 100 ppi

Do you think 1440p @ 27" is too high or too low?

27" is perfect for 1440p

I just wish there was a decent 40+in 4K monitor with decent colors most of the options don’t even do 100% srgb

27" 1440p 144hz+ is literally the perfect monitor. Dunno what you nincompoops are talking about.