Going to my wagie job

>going to my wagie job
>work part time for 6 hours 3 days a week but my week consists of days ruined by work or days dreading the upcoming work days
>do a job that some silicon valley 19 year old should've automated by now (they're too busy with the college fuckfest)
>am a retailcuck
>did a stem degree and I'm smart but lazy
>see lots of Staceys and Chads
>sometimes get seen by people I went to school with and yhey probably laugh at me and think lol shouldn't he be successful
>was laughed at by girls younger than me who knew my name ("Hey look it's user") and j didn't even know who they were
>manager realised I've been taking 40 minute breaks instead of 15 and subtlety told me to cut it out

retail will be the last to automate if it does

no it won't

People to people services will never be obsolete. If that's what you do ofcourse.

self service checkouts is a thing, you don't need a robot front worker, just expect people to do it themselves

That's not a people to people service though.

Thank God I never had to work a customer service job.

>work part time for 6 hours 3 days a week but my week consists of days ruined by work or days dreading the upcoming work days

How the fuck does this cause you any stress whatsoever? Kill yourself.

don't you have any reading comprehension?

bump

sales is never obsolete
especially when it's shit people don't need

I'd probably get a salaried sales job with high commission in high end sales

>tfw get a day off
>tfw work ring asking if you could do an extra day
>tfw you ignore the call
>tfw you spend your next two days off worrying

lol who actually takes that shit

I'm surprised I haven't been fired yet, work in a big retail supermarket and i am so fucking shit but its been 2 years and still here I am.

the other people aren't any better than you

>he actually has a job
>complains

Fuck me, I'd love a job right now. I see any income as a workable income. If you have income, regardless where it's coming from, you have a chance at branching out some way or another and finding your niche.

The true struggle to move up is when you haven't got a job and any disposable income to work with.

>but lazy
Don't hide your admissions in big text blocks.

You identified the problem but won't fix it. Get fucked. This is your decision.

Our country has a lot more employee protection laws compared to the USA or Canada. The employer can't fire you unless they have a really good reason to.

And since working in a supermarket isn't exactly a sales-dependant job, you'll probably be safe as long as you do the bare minimum (assuming the supermarket doesn't need to restructure it's staff to cut costs).

You make it seem like it's hard to get a job

You make it seem like it's just luck and not completely easy to get a shitty job. You could get hired next day if you really wanted to

You seem like you have a good attitude. Persistence, bit of luck and playing smart will pay off in the end. Good luck Aus bro!

that's a bad attitude though if he thinks having a shitty job is some sort of accomplishment

There's literal teenagers and mentally retarded people working these jobs. How exactly could you not compete

I've tried for a while now, and it gets more and more difficult the longer you are out of a job.

That is why actually being in a job while searching is so much better - because it isn't just a blank space of time on your resume. Employers like to see you doing something, anything, just as long as you are doing something.

With every shitty interview, it begins to drain the mind and jetlag the motivation/inner job hunting spirit. It can be very alarming, especially when you have financial worries looming on top, people's criticisms and the feeling of missing out on good opportunities.

Like I said, any job is a good job. You should never take being employed for granted. When I see $$$ to work with, however the amount, I see potential to invest and opportunities to open.

You don't know what you have until it is gone.

>I've tried for a while now

How much? I've gotten a job pretty much every interview I've had. A shitty job is so fucking easy to get

>because it isn't just a blank space of time on your resume
You could lie on your resume if that's really that much of an issue for you.

>Employers like to see you doing something, anything, just as long as you are doing something.
Tell them you were traveling or taking care of a sick relative. Use your head, no wonder you can't find a job

>Like I said, any job is a good job. You should never take being employed for granted
No it isn't, there is too many shitty jobs and they're all easy to get.

I really have to wonder what you or your resume looks like for you not to be able to find one with so much effort. i

>did a stem degree and I'm smart but lazy

Have you had any feedback from your interviews? If you keep failing them then you're likely just shit at interviews. Try and improve them. Be more confident and treat them a conversation not an awkward QandA

Step by step. Plus he/she is looking up towards a better future instead of basking in their own sadness and self-pity like a lot of unemployed seem to like...
Just be thankful you don't have to worry about poisonous creatures everywhere. What's it like with the threat of grizzly bears and very cold winters?

Bump

Shameless.

>tfw the aussie left before we could help him

i wanted to help him get a job

stop spamming this pasta you stupid wagie

Ah tough love...