Why are these channels shilled so much on YT?

>go to YouTube.com
>see BRIGHT SIDE™ meme channel and 5 MINUTE CRAFTS ™ meme and VINES™ meme featured
>The videos are featured are a month old. Some may be up to 8 months old, but still featured

They just repost useless knowledge with could be found on Google in 3 seconds.
Who watches this cancer?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Biore-Deep-Cleansing-Strips-Count/dp/B0009EILKS?th=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>inb4 phoneposter

It's based on your browsing history and the information Google knows about you from your Gmail, Google searches, maps history etc

Nobody else gets these but you

Please consider killing yourself

if you watch more videos you'll stop getting generic normalfag videos and start seeing content more related to the things you watch.
but it still will be crappy videos. everytime i see my recommended videos i feel depressed because i see the same videos over and over again, chosen from a very limited range of channels. but if i actually make an effort and think what videos i would like to watch, i find lots of interesting videos.

tldr search function>recommendation algorithm, and recommendation algorithm is so bad it would be better if they would remove it completely.

W R O N G.

I connect through a VPN and 100% of YT front page is click bait fake news and Daily Show/John Oliver/SNL clips.

YOUR front page is based on your browser history because YOU're part of the Google botnet.

i would also like to add that YT algorithm doesn't give a shit if you actually like the content, or if it is new. all that matters is watchtime. that's why clickbait videos are the most recommended.

Probably because you have lots of blackheads

Even after clearing search history, and connecting through VPN, it still shows normalfag videos

They're shilled everywhere

>VINES™
heh, member vine?

Never seen those channels, probably because I don't have pleb taste in youtubes, but I'm curious WTF they're doing with the paperclip??

Cickbait makes them money because retards keep clicking it.

This OP is a faggot.

>like a shitty video because pity
>now permanently getting those videos

hmmm i don't get what you're saying.
normalfag videos is the default thing you will see. if they can't figure out your interests based on your search history (most likely if you cleared it) you'll see clickbait based on the interests of the average person, aka the most boring shit of all time. you will get more defined stuff once you start watching more defined stuff.

nope.
it's true that you will get this identity-less content if you watch it, but you will also see it if google has no information on what you watch.

Baiting idiots into burning their expensive toy's USB port.

>clear search history
>connect through openvpn on phone
>memes still getting featured
>also not signed in

>try on desktop with entirely different vpn
>Firefox with ghostery and antiwebrtc and noscript
>memes still there

???
HOW COULD THE BOTNET KNOW

Ive never even watched MEMESIDE™

Research has shown clickbait tends to get clicks, hence the name.
It doesn't matter how retarded the content is so long it's slightly related to the name.
For example, "biggest basketball player ever" and it's a photoshopped picture of a 15ft guy with his kneecap at the rim of the basket is going to get lots and fucking lots of clicks.
Now, the average non-tech idiot is going to have no adblocker on, so they play an advert at the start before the video and then actually play them more in the first and second third of the video for more money from advertisers and the because people are fucking retarded, they'll sit their watching while masturbating to the thoughts of this superhuman giant they'll want to see.

TL;DR: clickbait titles + edited pics = more clicks = more views for Google's advertising = more cash = clickbait videos pushed more

Am I the only one to get this cancer?

How do you remove blackheads from your nose?

no it's fucking not. i keep getting fucking cancer videos even tho i have fucking history turned off for half a year and havent watched a single related video.
it's promoted garbage

Nope. Vines are pretty common depending on where your live/your ISP.

You could try it on Tor and you'll still get the same stuff depending on which place YT thinks you're from.

It's literally just stuff that's popular with clickbait

yea, its clickbait too.
Tried to find the pictue of the girl touching the other girls ass. Wasnt in the video.
this is why I block adds. Youtube created a situation where people were encouraged to and paid to make click bait

>Implying Google doesn't know what you are into even when you have viewing history switched off

Bitch, they got your Google searches for "how to cure acne" and your maps searches for phone repair shops

You are logged in to the botnet, we see that Gmail icon in your notifications

Stop being such a retarded faggot

unlike you i dont visit fucking plebbit-tier cancer websites for retarded memes and lists and other LMAO TOP X [insert]

That shit is fucking terrible. I can watch Starcraft videos all day and it MIGHT recommend 1 or 2 channels but if I watch a single fucking Simpsons video my whole recommendations gets converted to pure Simpsons content.

YouTube recommends videos that it's AI thinks will get you to stay the longest. The AI is able to do this by analyzing the viewing habits of all of YouTube's users.

because youtube is literally a website built for shilling. Google is an ad company, that is what they do. And video as a medium favors this shit since its so inherently passive. Its why television is as shitty as it is.

just go from another country, like chinese or russian so your brain won't get polluted by words you understand (because you'll get their meme channels)
>?hl=ja&gl=JP

NEW SPECIES DISCOVERED IN ANTARCTICA
>image of a facehugger on a polar bear

The Simpsons is made by Fox, a major media conglomerate and advertiser. StarCraft videos are made by NEET nerds. Which ones do you think YouTube is going to promote?

Why is THIS acceptable again ?

GOVERNMENT CONFIRMS CONTACT WITH ALIEN SPECIES!! D: !!!!
>video about asteroid bacteria that everyone has known about for over 20 years

>Nose blackheads
>Phone hacks
must have something to do with pajeets

Hahaa ya the dumb arrow meme

amazon.com/Biore-Deep-Cleansing-Strips-Count/dp/B0009EILKS?th=1

They come back in a week anyways

you can click a channel and block it, need to log in though, is there another way to get rid of this shit, preferrably without logging in? Like som one-click adblock rule to hide certain channels