wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:Main_Page
gentoo.org/downloads/

>Debian (NET ISO)
debian.org/CD/netinst/

>Void (Hipster but works)
repo.voidlinux.eu/live/current/

>Alpine (Pretty damn minimal)
alpinelinux.org/downloads/

Get recommendations to see if your system is bloat or not (Also post screenshot)

>DE/WM
>Video/Music player
>Image viewer
>File Manager
>Text Editor
>Shell
>Web Browser
>Terminal

What is software minimalism?
suckless.org/philosophy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimalism_(computing)

Beginners guide to GNU/Linux minimalism

1) Get comfortable with the terminal and learn terminal commands. Practice makes perfect.

computerhope.com/unix.htm
computerhope.com/unix/overview.htm
computerhope.com/unixtop1.htm

2) Try one of the listed GNU/Linux distros inside a VM (Virtual Machine) before installing it on real hardware

3) Ask questions in the thread.

If you use Arch, Manjaro, Ubuntu, Mint , Antergos, Solus, Fedora or any other of the thousands of BLOAT GNU/Linux meme distros. Don't bother posting in this thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/nyasharisha/
warosu.org/g/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=&search_subject=/minimalism/&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Old thread:

>Install Debian net iso
>Install emacs
>Live bloat freeeeeeeee

Oh wow another circejerk general tat could be accomplished with a pastebin

Why does hiro hate this board and won't do anything to fix it?

Sage

Bloody hell, STOP making these shite general threads on Sup Forums. There's already bloody enough of em!

This is not very minimalistic of you OP

Been playing around with emacs lately. I think I'm a convert.

openbsd nigger spottted

I wanna fuck that girl (male).

>debian more minimalist than arch

It's your typical russian girl( female)

You fucking faggot we had this discussion over 15 times. You just haven't been on Sup Forums as often.

That girls makeup is not minimal

who is she

why do you post this skank?
she has taken the churka cock

instagram.com/nyasharisha/

she a fucking ruskie, she is half breed.

>half breed
More white than you, mutt

Only salty fags hate this thread. Most newfags learn a lot.

how do I mail order one of these?

>pastebin
Pastebin is harmfully bloated, user.

i want to guilemacs, still never giving up vim mode

All Archived threads
warosu.org/g/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=&search_subject=/minimalism/&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=op&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post

> Some nerd dickhead publishes a list of his autistic preferences and decides to share his retarded rationale with other retards and calls it "philosophy".
> Hurr, Firefox sucks because it uses a NOT_KOOL_HANDLE for its download window. DURR, ME MAD.

do not forget the NASA and Red Hard ingenieries use bloated distros with DE filled with spyware. USA nuclear systems use win98 with floppydisk.

And you have minimalist people having i7 with titan GPU, 32GB of RAM and using a WM like dwm

really makes you think

> installs Debian from the netinstall iso
> "Which packages do you want to install?"
> chooses GNOME Desktop Environment
Am I minimal, guys?

> Gentoo
> minimalism thread
housefire/10

> gives a link to Wikipedia
> "SomeLinuxdistributions mention minimalism as a goal.Arch Linux,Puppy Linux,...are examples."
> "If you use Arch don't bother posting in this thread."

>"Which packages do you want to install?"

Should have unchecked everything. That's what i do. Also DE's are bloat. Use a WM (window manager) i3 for beginners. Dwm if you just hate fucking bloat and ricing

>In computing, minimalism refers to the application of minimalist philosophies and principles in the design and use of hardware and software. Minimalism, in this sense, means designing systems that use the least hardware and software resources possible.