Other urls found in this thread:

in.linkedin.com/in/bhumika-goyal-01293085
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

well it's more than you've accomplished so fuck off

>well it's more than you've accomplished so fuck off
M'gentleman.

Welcome to Indian nepotism.

it's not useless

Mutability is a sin. She's doing God's job.

whats your problem exactly?

Can I believe that there is a push towards clarifying the immutability of variables?
Yes, immutability is good and clarifying it is good. What, I thought you liked functional programming.

Can I believe that someone would microcommit these changes instead of do them in one fell swoop?
Yes, there is nothing wrong with microcommits and though I wouldn't recommend one for every single variable change, it's a far better idea that committing a tangled nest of unrelated changes all at once.

Can I believe that someone would make a big deal out of the quantity of commits caused by this in order to appeal to a political agenda?
Yes, people generally know dog shit about coding and are looking to grab onto anything they can. The same way Trumpies try and make a big deal about Trump "making the most executive actions ever" when they were all renaming post offices and shit.

Can I believe that you would bring this irrelevant tidbit of nothing to my attention to try and appeal to a generalized sense of outrage?
Yes, I'm on Sup Forums.

Thanks to her your shitty linux won't be hacked because your password is now a const and can't be changed by the bad hackers

>indian gets recognized for const-ipation

It's also not "kernel guru" stuff

>moving the goalposts: the post

She's not a kernel guru, it's the name of the scholarship program. Her commits are only one of the reasons she got it.

not an argument, the brainless memelord

I can believe she was right to add const.. I just hope she had more to add in her scholarship application

>implying I don't harden my box

Moving goalposts is a shit tier argument that doesn't deserve a rebuttal

sup incels

there is nothing wrong with going through code and identifying if something is const or not, it actually takes brain power.

going through code and setting indents or comment formats is actually useless.

This

She has done literally nothing wrong.

If all she was doing was editing READMEs or adding redundant comments like you're average SJWrogrammer you'd have a point, but actually reading through code and making things that should be unmutable unmutable is meaningful work that anyone who has to deal with those chunks of code in the future will appreciate.

nice

>virgin gets buttblasted because a woman actually did her fucking part in improving the project

At least the script she used to automate all those was in ocaml

>directly criticizing the trivial as fuck nature of the complaint and the reasoning behind it
>"it doesn't agree with my /r9k/-tier narrative so it's moving the goalposts"
fuck off incel

nah, this is fine. choose another one next time.

She's doing God's work. Praise the goddess.

>merge x3
>Author: torvalds

What's your point?

Would wife desu

>Goyal

Is she /ourgoy/?

(minorly) Fixing code is a million times better and several times harder than implementing bad code in the first place.

>"[...] by making the kernel structures read-only."
>unironically believing "const" makes things read-only in C

where doesn't it?

it does make some impact having shit as a const, but receiving praises for analyzing the underlying code and making const shit consts is dumb as fuck. actual development is far more praise-worthy. also fuck pajeets

What have you done then?

>It takes a chef to recognise a piece of shit

absolutely disgusting.

You could say that she's a constantly loyal goy

So nothing, im pretty sure you couldn't even explain why adding const to everything is stupid

There is a scheme to lower the price of programming labor. The scheme involves getting women involved in programming and outsourcing labor.

Programming culture is by far the best way to learn programming. programming is not mathematics, programming is not astrophysics. Much programming is not more complicated than HVAC or plumbing or carpentry. The best way to learn programming, which is a trade, is the master/apprentice relationship.

Universities turn out shit-tier programmers, universities are pushing women into the craft, and companies are hiring cheap programming labor from India, which has a shit programming culture (as opposed to the United States programming culture, which has been fomented over half a century by enthusiasts, gurus and masters of the craft).

Programmers need to organize into a guild, to maintain quality and the pass on techniques from generation to generation. They also need to protect the price of labor for programming as a job.

>The best way to learn programming, which is a trade, is the master/apprentice relationship.
This is very true but people want mass produced workers straight out of college. That said, the same could really be applied to anything. Having a good mentor makes a world of difference not only in the quality and intimacy of learning but you also inherit duty, work-ethic, and pride from a mentor. A lot of people end up feeling that they're carrying on someone's will and for better or worse it's these kind of people that more often than not end up with a stronger drive and dedication to their craft.

>the whiteknights in this fuckin thread
maybe net neutrality needs to die if it means we put a little chlorine into the internet gene pool

I'm sorry OP, but this is work well worth doing.

>muuuuuhhh trump
can you people go ten minutes without bringing him up?

anyone and everyone can do it and should
>muh sekrit club

>as opposed to the United States programming culture, which has been fomented over half a century by enthusiasts, gurus and masters of the craft
You had me going for a bit.

>indian put on as team lead
>in the past year all but one of the new hires has been indian
>indian population in phoenix az isn't even that big
>most of them can't code for shit
>have to fix their code constantly and have to revert half their changes
>older woman asks me for help (she wants me to basically do her job)
>I say I'm super busy but email her some resources to read
>at a scrum meeting they say I am their roadblock because i refused to help them
>stinky mother literally puts words in my mouth
>get talked to for not helping the new hires
>tell team lead my side
>she says "okay maybe in this case but in the other cases you have been very rude to the new hires"
>MOTHER FUCKER, WHAT OTHER CASES?
>was what I wanted to say but I say I'll try harder
>spend the rest of the day at co-worker's desk trying to teach to them how to make an XHR request

make GNU plus Linux great again

there's a pretty substantial difference between that message, and "let's reward people for below standard work".

Do you even have a job?

underrated post

Pajeet here, I get the hatred of fobs, trust me. I deal with them trying to befriend me because I'm Indian all the fucking time, but I actually wear deodorant.
What she did though is really important, though arguably not important enough for a scholarship.

poo in the loo

const

Meh, converting something to const and having zero issues in something as complex as the Linux kernel is somewhat of a feat.

So yeah, I'm okay with her going to a western university and bettering herself.

Freetards and now, pajeets.

top fucking kek

>Start working at megacorp filled with outsourced Pajeets
>Get promoted in less than a year due to being better than 80% of their programmers and I barely give a shit
>Outsourced programmers hired specifically for C#/.Net work keep coding like it's Java
>They make every Agile feature take a whole iteration, regardless of how little work there is in it
>They never test their changes and constantly break existing functionality in obvious ways
>Constantly try to go around the processes we've put into place to prevent them from fucking everything up, including building a DLL locally from god-knows-what-they-have and getting an outsourced sysadmin to deploy it straight to prod. (This broke things even further)
>They fully engage in cargo cult programming like their lives depend on it
>They do disgusting things in the bathroom, including trying to hock their lungs directly into the sink, washing their armpits in the sink, and one of them never flushes the toilet
>The few good ones keep getting shit on because they're lower caste or some shit
>Management keeps promising to hire better local talent, but they keep expanding the outsourced teams' numbers

Way back when, I was against offshoring jobs due to the loss of American jobs. Now I'm against it because now companies can hire dozens of idiots instead of one.

Was OP expecting everyone here to gobble his dick and agree with him?

people don't come here to read you bitch about women doing stuff, now go get a job

Why is there so much whiteknighting in the thread? I'm suspecting some... bias.

>whiteknighting
no seriously, stop bitching about people on the internet doing more than you

nobody cares that she's female

Could the code not have been refactored automatically? I'm not a C dev, but this looks like it can be statically analyzed and changed via a simple script... Are there no kernel specific coding style rules and code quality tools? And why does it take a poo-in-loo several months to find these changes?

Classic case of projection user (might want to ship something soon, no?), and the bias wouldn't be that she has a vagina. :)

>whiteknighting
You've forgotten what that word means.

>Programmers need to organize into a guild
wanna join my guild?

why are there so many incel rejects in this thread buttblasted that a woman got recognized for doing something useful? if it’s so trivial, why didn’t (You) do it in first place?

Brainlet here
How does someone decide which things to make unmutable? Did she just pick things at random and look at their interactions? Even then, how do you decide from looking at it that it NEEDS to be changed?

If it isn't intended to be mutated it should be const, immutable by default is basically standard in languages now. It takes some comprehension of the code to know whether something might be changed at some indefinite point in the future or could just automate it. I think there's probably some compiler warnings that can also tattle on these.

Same at my place but it's specifically muslims (like proper ones with neckbeards)

What were the other several hundred commits?

>was what I wanted to say but I say I'll try harder
Whipped. If my team lead has beef with me I make them spell it out concretely, and if they keep raising the issue I go over their head to the next higher up and insist on a full meeting between all of us.

lol no response

White knight incels and whiny bitch wannabe alpha incels are incels all the same.

I can believe it.
Nothing wrong here. They were all accepted and you don't just const all the things.

She knows what she was doing.

I don't think I've ever used const. Ever.

I doubt anyone's ever used your code anyway

In 2017 she was doing a lot of consts, in 2016 hardly any consts.

What you need to understand is that you are the only valuable asset in that company. If you go their entire programming division will fall apart, so leave. When they beg you to come back you get a raise. And if they don't, work at a company that isn't going to go bankrupt next year.

eh it beats
cd..
cd ..
cd code
ls
cd ..
cd..

Is there anywhere pajeets aren't?

India, I should move there

>tell team lead my side
>she
You should leave that job immediately.

Maybe this should not justify the scholarship, but it's useful and nobody else wanted/cared to do it. Also, it's not just substitution, you need to avail what can be changed. Also, don't m'lord me, she's ugly as fuck and I would say the same if she was a guy.

She's cute. I love Desi girls.

Ridiculously underrated.

If you read her medium posts the reasoning behind doing it and the context shows a pretty good understanding for someone 22 years old.

>stinky mother literally puts words in my mouth
happens a lot.
t. indian
People here have no clue about logic or self-responsibility, they want life to get over as soon as possible.
I don't even know what they do in their free time, ffs. 99% of the poeple I know watch tv for 5+ hours everyday.

AMA I guess

LEAVE LEAVE

>
You newfag niggers don't even know what "whiteknight" means.

Probably because she's reading the context and making sure that is the right type for that location, rather than legitimately regexing?

She has a (((diversity))) scholarshit
in.linkedin.com/in/bhumika-goyal-01293085
pic related

It's the one thing we didn't want to happen.

>Why is there so much whiteknighting in the thread?
There's been an influx of NeoGAF migrants on Sup Forums and Sup Forums recently.

Can I believe that you are such a faggot?
Yes, after reading your post.

>and you don't just const all the things
[citation needed]
First define as const, then you see whether you need to unconst something. The contributions are useful, the only retarded point is that the article states "OMG HUNDREDS OF COMMITS" when you look at said commits.

Or maybe you are rude to the new hires because you're racist and it comes out in your interaction with your coworkers and you just came to Sup Forums to vent and get justification.

>The entire concept of the caste system

I fucking hate indian people and want them all to die. Im serious I want India to be fucking nuked

This.

Plenty of kernel interfaces are cluster fucks as is, ensuring type correctness is a good thing.

>AMA I guess
[obligatory shitpost about designated shitting streets]

>tfw no kernel developer pajeeta gf who's smarter than me and treats me like shit for being a dumb code monkey who only does graphical api shit at work.