How much does it snow where you live?

How much does it snow where you live?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Maxcrc/Countries_without_snowfalls#3-COUNTRIES_WHERE_SNOW_NEVER_FALLS_.28only_independent_countries_listed.29
youtube.com/watch?v=M5f9GZdglFQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We don't have snow because we are Mediterranean country.

barely snows at all here imo

last 5 years not so much :´(

Rarely, maybe once or twice a winter

almost no snow since 2006 or 2007

Portugal is not a European country.

Depends on the winter. Sometimes feet, sometimes virtually none

fuck my life

Never... I haven't even seen snow in real life...

My town doesn't get much snow at all
I think in the last 8 years I've lived here it's only snowed on 3 or 4 of those years, and even it's still driveable
I remember one year it got pretty bad and my school didn't have enough grit to put down on all of the walkways so they had to shut the school down for the day and we went home early
The next day we got in, had two hours of lessons and during our break, we got told to go home early again because a pipe had frozen over night and then burst

Other than that it's been millimetres.

what the actual fuck?
tunisia no snow

tunn is igen hahahaha

Not a lot. A foot or so total in an entire winter. I can count the days of shoveling snow each winter on two hands, last winter I could've counted them on one hand.

>and even it's still driveable
Whatever that means because I tried to go to London once and the flight was cancelled because they fucking closed Heathrow entirely from a fucking inch of snow. Plow it off and get on with it, you prissy little shits.

Hardly ever. Some years we get two weeks of snow, but that's it.

I grew up here. It snows all year including summer (10 degrees max)

it snows every fucking year

There's probably like 10 snowploughs in the whole country, and they all work in remote areas of the country because they're also at quite a high altitude and always get quite a bit of snow

The airports say that they can't justify spending hundreds of thousands of pounds on something they might only use for 20 hours every couple of years, which is stupid because they probably lose more money through fines from the airlines to not sticking with contracts or some shit like that

Probably because it's easier to offset your fines on the gubmint as a public service provider than it is to make the gubmint pay for your snow plows.

It depends on the year most of the time it snows alot sometimes it barely snows (which i call the dead winter). I live in a location where it is hot as hell in the summer and fucking freezing in the winter.

You Mexicans who never see the snow are missing out on it.

i've never seen snow in person
ama

Not that much. We have snowcover from December to March, but heavy snowfalls are rare and the winter months are much drier than the summer months. Max snow depth is typically 50 cm.

Depending on where you are in new york state, alot due to the lake effect

it even snowed in the desert

Looks like the global warming is real since we don't have these decent winters here in southern Finland anymore like we used to have when I was a kid. Nowadays it's just fucking slush and water.

Never, unless you climb 4000ft up the fucking mountain. Then it's covered with snow 6 months a year.

i would kill myself

Welcome to Europe.

Now take your complementary 500K refugees and pay us €100000000 in contribution.

You're welcome.

Minnesota. Lots.

since when tunisian are called refugees abroad
they have their own house there they have decent work(expect for some minority that pretended to be syrian) there are now 4 generation of tunisian in french making more than 1M

Where exactly do you live? In the mountains? Otherwise I call bs on the 10 degrees max.

Jerusalem sometimes
Golan in winters
the rest is too low

A lot.

No you get the refugees. And give them welfare and home and car or you are racist. Now pay up.

Yep.

who /wny/ here

it's barely snowed at all in the last couple of years
>tfw I live right by a river but I haven't been able to go ice skating since I was a child

fingy lakes

they have nothing to do with tunisia now it's your problem for accepting them

i live in kingston ontario, we definitely get a lot but i don't think we get as much as you guys do because of the lake

at least 3 feet every year in Wisconsin

basically none whatsoever

About 2 feet every year

i always wondered why the east coast and mid-west of the US had memes about snows closing schools and shops and things and thought it was just americans being pussies but actually its exactly because of the geography that you can get a ridiculous amount of snow in a very short timespan that might melt away in a few days but completely shut down everything when it comes on.

neat facts are one of the few reasons why Sup Forums is occasionally good.

Enough. I don't envy the people living in those places in Japan and USA that get extreme amounts, it just becomes a pain in the ass even here.

Almanac says ~36" (92cm). We only had two good snowfalls this last winter; one in late November and one in early February.

Driftless represent.

Vancouver?

every winter
depends on the year

No need to post 10 times in the same thread to prove you wuz winter n shiiet.

1st:there is many tunisian here
2nd:u has no proof that i posted before
3rd: there is 3 americain post( even though all no that it snow in america)

Only near high alpine areas

from wiki
>This region has a subpolar oceanic climate (Köppen climate classification Cfc) with short, cool summers and long, wet, moderately mild winters: the precipitation averages 3,000 mm (118 in) a year in the far west, but precipitation decreases rapidly to the eastern side. Temperatures are steady throughout the year: in Ushuaia they hardly surpass 9 °C (48 °F) in summers and average 0 °C (32 °F) in winters. Snowfall can occur in summer. The cold and wet summers help preserve the ancient glaciers. The southernmost islands possess a sub-antarctic climate typical of tundra that makes the growth of trees impossible. Some areas in the interior have a polar climate. Regions in the world with similar climates to southern Tierra del Fuego are: the Aleutian islands, Iceland, the Alaska Peninsula, the Faroe Islands, Macquarie Island, and the Heard and McDonald Islands.

>australia
>high alpine
>alpine

lol. Stop this.

Umm try again sweetie x

what is snow
t. florida

I had no idea it actually snowed in australia
when I told my Australian friend, he thought I was banting but no I legitimately did not (and still find it hard to) believe it snows in Australia

it hasn't since 4 years

It snows in almost every country in the world, if you live in a place with high latitude in relation to the sea level you'll most probably get a snow or two every now and then, rarely but still happens.

Its nows even in Peru, Colombia and Brazil in the mountanous parts.

Never, but once when I was in school it was so cold that snowflakes started to fall. We all went crazy and ran out of the classrooms. The snow fell briefly and melted upon touching the ground but it was amazing

>that
>high alpine
>alpine

When I told you to stop you really should have but then you went full retard and posted hills that wouldn't even qualify as foothills in any real mountain range.

alot

For the past couple of winters it snowed only on a few days, and when it did, it was gone within hours. Can't even remember the last white christmas we had.
It really sucks when winter is your favourite season, yet instead of winter wonderland it's mostly grey and brown.
I really wished we would have winters like

last year we had 0 (zero) days of snow

Australia's southernmost point is at like 42 degrees, so it shouldn't be hard to believe.

around 20days/year

Coastal city in central Italy.

Every year in the surrounding mountains, but almost never in the cituy, I've seen snow maybe three times in my hometown, when it snows it's good fun though, people ski and sled down the main road.

Didn't central italy have one of the craziest snow events in history recently? I wonder how something like that even set itself up. Must have been a freak foot rainstorm that turned into snow.

This might be of interest. A list of countries where snow never falls. There's quite a few.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Maxcrc/Countries_without_snowfalls#3-COUNTRIES_WHERE_SNOW_NEVER_FALLS_.28only_independent_countries_listed.29

they should add Belgium to that list desu

>Snow
What is that?

South-western Poland and the second warmest region in the country.
It largely depends on the year. For some harsher winters it stays for the whole season, usually though it's just grey skies and cold with a couple weeks of dirty, melting snow on the side of the road.

ive never experienced snow ;_;

it snowed over 3 times last winter. One time it didn't even melt for like 2 whole hours

It's been 49 years without snowing here.

gothenburg, usually no snow at all during winter
maybe 1-2 weeks of snow at most

>growing up without playing in snow

>growing up without playing in snow

Literally a worthless childhood.

Snow will never texas

>Pretty good snow this year
>I hear winter will be a bitch.
>Winter is coming

Lots. I don't get the global warming meme because last winter was incredibly fucked. It just started later but we had snow in April for fucks sake.

I don't mind though. Driving takes longer and it's hard in a yaris but more time to sip my tims on the way.

Same in Skåne. It's just rainy, muddy and depressing.

I love winter and the winter Olympics.
Scandinavia is beautiful..

Why are you guys so good at speed skating?

canal ice skating culture

We get around 100in/2.54m a year. I wish it snowed more TbH tho

road to gulag covered by snow, Russia 2018

>Euros will never ski between the snowgums in knee-deep powder

Winter/Snow is fun for exactly 1 week while it's "new" and it "looks nice". After that it's fucking SHIT. Transportation becomes a fucking nightmare, and 100% cloudiness ALL THE FUCKING TIME really gets tiring very fucking quickly. Where I live, snow is commonly called "la merde blanche" (the white crap).

Not at all.

In the winter we skate. And watch the winter Olympics.

Canada is Africa? Winter is the greatest thing.

Usually snow between late august and early june.

>cold flat landscape
>tallest country

Are you surprised? They were made to speed skate.

Hello pajeet. Enjoying your stay in Canada?

Too much
youtube.com/watch?v=M5f9GZdglFQ

Wet eastern snow all over its cities is obviously going to be shit.

What is the coldest temp you have experienced?

For me its - 43°C

Spent a week in a unheated tent in -30°C.

Does the USA have winter sports? Never seen it.

No, fat scooters get stuck in snow.

>-43°C

And people still work outside? That is some heavy shit.

>Winter is the greatest thing

For about a week as the other user said. getting around is hell, there's nothing to do, everything is depressing. Maybe it's more fun when you're a kid or you live in Europe where it goes to -15 at the coldest, but when you live in northern Ontario where it gets dark at 16:00, we get -40 regularly, have four feet of snow, then it melts and freezes over there's ice everywhere and this lasts from November to April it gets old fast.