RAM / GPU Bloat

>Need to build a new high end PC for work
>Want to go with Threadripper
>Realize GPU prices are bloated
>Realize RAM prices are bloated
>Realize that if I build a PC now, I'd get jew'd on RAM and GPU
>Trying to wait it out

The wait is killing me; how much longer?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232298
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

there's only up from here lol

I'm very convinced RAM will stick and even go further up.
The GPU mining nonsense will fall apart at some point though.

isn't Samsung going to fix the RAM boat issue though?

Just spend the $30 more on ram and move on with your life faggot. Alternatively buy a console to play games.

Jesus Christ.

I hope so, but so far no one big company has ever done anything good in my book.

>for work
>to play games
user, learn to read.

>good
they want to stop their competitors from getting rich as fuck by selling overpriced RAM

Just wait, once people realise that the bitcoin exchanges are buying coins for fake dollars that they print out of nowhere and then selling the coins back to the users for the real dollars they deposit it will rapidly go to shit. When the crash happens people will panic, be forced to spend $5000 per transaction in fees out of desperation and the people who are selling now while telling the normies to hold will come out laughing.

It's literally twice what it was about a year and a half ago. We're beyond just an extra $30. Having said that, I recently bought another 16GB since everything I've read seems to indicate IF prices go down, it won't be until end of 2018 at least. Buy now or you'll really get jewed, unless you want to wait another year.

>GPU
>Work
Cmon user

>what is GPU acceleration
user go back to being a brainlet.

>buy a console to play video games

iktf

been meaning to upgrade but no fucking way am i paying these bullshit prices for a new gpu

Isn't that the guy who played starcraft 2 back in the day?

yes

was he any good?
also, I need more vespene gas. Can you give me some?

he was ok, but he hasn't done any serious SC since forever.

>for work
What do you do?

architectural visualization. need lots of threads, RAM and a heavy GPU.

just go for it nerd. pic related is how much i paid for 32GB of DDR4-3000 at the end of october

the same kit goes for $200 now
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232298

>16GB
lmao I'm gonna use it for a lot more than facebooking mate.

What kind of software do you use for that? Just curious.

what the hell is happening to this dude

extreme autism

for basic stuff (pre-rendered) I use 3ds Max/Maya depending on client, and I usually render with Vray, Octane or one of the many others. for interactive ArchViz, I use UE4 with pre-rendered lighting.

Did you consider maybe using an AMD WX card instead of RX? From what I can tell, the workstation card prices aren't bloated because apparently they're worse for mining than the consumer cards.

I was considering RX Vega, then found out a 1080Ti is a better deal. Also, I looked into AMD WX, and it too is pretty disappointing. Other than some CAD applications, it falls flat on its face for everything else.

Also I need to optimize my interactive ArchViz work for use by my clients and for end-users, so having a 1080Ti would be better than having WX/Quadro cards. While a WX/Quadro would have better performance in CAD, the ones that would do better than 1 1080Ti in this instance would cost a lot more, and also CAD performance is not really an issue anymore, since you work in chunks and not the entire project at the same time, plus the WX/Quadro would be useless in UE4 for ArchViz VR work.

>2x 16GB

its like you cant even read

luckily i got another 32gb before ram prices were terribly bad

I'm gonna go with 64GB like my current (DDR3) rig. even that was way too little for some of my photogrammetry work. Had to configure gigantic page files.

He's autistic.