in a vm

>buy macbook
>install linux
what a waste, the only reason to ever get a macbook is for macOS

>Use Etcher to make a bootable usb flash drive of whatever distro you choose
>Use rEFIt to boot the linux usb
>install Linux

It's pretty easy actually.

macOS can do everything Linux can do and more. It has X11, it's UNIX certified, it actually has programs, etc.

>t. mactoddler

>t. unemployed virgin

it was free

I want NO trace of macos left on this thing

I think I can even libreboot it

you're a fucking idiot. macos is superior to linux

>t. mactoddler brainlet

Which macbook do you have? Depending on the model it can be difficult.

One protip is that the only distro i've found that had the correct wireless drivers for my model (11,1) was Ubuntu. If you want to install any other distro, i advise having an android phone for USB tethering.

I should say that Ubuntu was the only distro that came with the correct drivers on the live ISO (and the installation). all distros I've used have had some package available but unless you have an old mac with an ethernet port or an android for tethering you're fucked.

reFind is the up to date and maintained successor to reFit. Use it, it’s dead easy to boot just Linux, dual boot with macOS, etc.

early macbook I think
core II duo era

i hope for bunsen labs

/thread

does it have an etheret port?

You’ll have no probs. And probably are fully libre if that’s what you want. You may need Ethernet until you get WiFi up and running.

I have Slackware on a 2011 MacBook Pro and dual boot a 2015 15” Pro with Ubuntu budgie and macOS.

>fully libre
>macshit
Pick one.

Why do you have macOS as a dualboot? My operating systems are Arch and Windows so that I have maximum compatibility. What do you use on macOS that is so important?

>a model made before this
>with a different, libre bios
>running a different operating system
>using completely different programs

>but
>muh
>bot
>net

Not a very deep thinker I take it? Always accept what others tell you or what you read in memes? Herp derp macs only gots one mouse button gonna rice my droid up.

The adobe suite, I make my cash from design work and prefer illustrator in a Mac environment. I do have a windows license but it just isn’t installed at the moment and I prefer fucking around with Linux.

Like X and POSIX are good things

This shit is real though. At least on my mac, there is a startup key combination that will automatically download and install a recovery disk image from apple servers, even after completely formatiing my drive with nothing on it.

Makes sense. Also reminds me that I still need to pirate photoshop on my windows installation.

Do you need a pirate photoshop install? Paint.net still exists, right? I ha e it on my dads computer, it is always there and does the trick when I need to do any image stuff in windows.

Paint.net doesn't really cut it though. I use some of the more advanced features. I can get by with GIMP but I prefer photoshop.

Absolute is a real corporate monitoring solution, yes. And there is a key combo on macs that boots into a recovery partition and can download the os if needed and wanted. Those are two different things. The recovery partition by the way can be overwritten if you want, efi is a weird beast though and it isn’t worth it for the space you get back. The ample documentation on the reFind site can explain.

Yeah, I get it. Gimp is pretty rich but I hate using it. If you’re on windows weren’t the cs2 installers all made available free a few years back? 7 through ten would have no probs running those.

I have no issues getting adobe software. I'm a member of a good private tracker and I know of a reliable kind of creative cloud emulator that lets me download and use adobe software without a CC account.

Good luck. We have had occasional problems with our legit licenses on work machines, but I’d imagine that pirates have it all solved, as usual :)

Give it back Tyrone

> you can't put linux on a mac
t. pajeet

macOS is unix-based, so technically you already have it.

You already have the (superior) BSD on your Mac, why would you downgrade to Linux?

Yea desu most of the people who don’t see the usefulness of macs are larpers or retards on some shit. Been using Linux for a bit but having that Unix environment [ofc not free software] with a suite of modern apps is really quite nice.